Status: Harley Quinn's journal

Jotting Down the Memory of J

Page 2

I don't understand why he did it. He let them do it. I could feel my heart thump as I walked to his holding cell, but I thought it was out of excitement. "what's the master plan, J?" I said to him. He didn't even look at me. He just kept the bag over his head. The bag was filthy, too. He deserved a better one than that.
He told me "There is no master plan, Harley. Today is the day I start to bring back what little honor I have. Even if I don't have that, I still have the memory of the world falling apart. Gotham needed to be shown how people end up and I was the one to throw the bone. You can't live without knowing that people will eventually crack and that they will follow you into darkness. If not you, then another. But you will always be in the shadows. Even if you're standing in a spotlight; you're still in the dark." he sighed and leaned back in his chair. I felt so bad that he had his hands tied. They looked blistered. I loved his voice and how he spoke. He continued with his words by saying "I'm glad to know that I'm the reason people show who they really are. No one hides anymore. I mean I have nothing to hide! Everyone knew who I was and knew that I had plans to break the chains of a major disguise society wore, and yet they all were surprised by my actions." He leaned forward again and turned his head towards me like he was looking at me and told me "People looked at me like the monster. I'm not a monster, Harley. I just broke everyone. I broke the plastered smiles and the fake egos and completely mangled any hope for peace because I knew- still know- that everyone is actually cruel and that no one will truly be at ease. Let me ask you something; am I crazy, Harley?" I could never think he was nuts! He was so perfect to me. Still is. I told him that, too! "THEN WHY AM I BEING PUNISHED!" he grabbed my shoulders and yelled that at me. Guards came in and grabbed me and pushed me out. They dragged him to the courtyard, but as he was being dragged, he said to me "I'm not crazy, Harleen." He kept mumbling those words as the men dragged him out.
♠ ♠ ♠
7-26-11