Status: This is part 1 of a 3 part series. Hoping to have it picked up and turned into a film.

The Key

EXT. Fire and tears: newyok city - day

EXT. Fire and tears: newyok city - day

Shaun is walking fast down the street.

Liela is doing her best to keep up.

LIELA

Will you slow down Shaun?

SHAUN

Liela please.. Just listen to what I said and go home!

Liela

I'm not going anywhere Shaun! And whats gotten into you? You have some dream and now you're going to go and bother a woman who clearly has turned her back on the world?

SHAUN

Look. (Shaun stops) It was not just some dream ok? I saw..with my own eyes..everything that has happened..thats happening and is going to happen..

Liela

..but Shaun really? Just listen to yourself, you aren't making any sense. You're just-

SHAUN

My mom admitted it was all true..everything in the past that I saw Liela..ALL TRUE! And this false Messiah is leading the people astray..I know it..somethings not right here Liela. People around us changing and disappearing? He hasn't made a difference Liela.. He's the..

Liela steps forward and covers Shauns mouth. She looks around as people and onlookers walk by.

Liela

Look..Lets say everything you're talking about is true..OK? (whispers) It wouldn't be too smart to go around calling him an Anti-Christ now would it (gestures with her eyebrows).

Liela removes her hand slowly. Shaun looks around then back at Liela.

SHAUN

yeah..you're right. I guess that means you believe me?

Liela

It means, Mr. Paschar, that I'm open to confirmation. A ton of it!

Shaun and Liela laugh.

Liela

Come on.. Lets go find ms. youthfully vibrant Prophetess Zooshada.

int. Fire and tears 2: condo - day

Shaun and Liela are seen talking to a condo clerk about Prophetess Zooshada.

Clerk

Sorry guys..it's just company policy not to release residential names or associated information. I could lose my job right..

Liela

(charm)

But..sir.we just really really want to know about the Messiah.

clerk

Mhm.. (looks left and then right. He leans forward and whispers) Look if she was here I couldn't tell you anything..nothing...not a single word...

Shaun and Leila look disappointed they begin to walk away.

CLERK

And I definitely wouldn't advise you to check out her old apartment on (fictional street name) street.

Shaun and Liela smile at each other. Liela does an excited surpise gesture and grabs Shauns arms. Shaun grabs Lielas arms.

INT. FIRE AND TEARS 3: Apt - afternoon

Shaun and Liela have found their way into the apartment.

Shaun and Liela make it to Prophetess Zooshadas door.

As Shaun knocks on the door it opens.

Shaun and Liela look at each other. Shaun proceeds in slowly.

The televison is on a coverage of the supposed Messiah.

A tea kettle can be heard boiling over.

Liela bumps into Shaun from behind.

Liela

(whispers)

Sorry...

Shaun continues looking around.

Shaun sees pictures of the prophetess in her new youth. Pictures of the current Messiah with an X crossed over them in red marker.

Scripture writings of the beast and false prophet are scrawled against the wall and the words.."the end has come."

SHAUN

Hello?

Shaun continues looking around.

On the floor there are newspaper clippings.

On the table there are several bibles opened to scripture referring to the apocalypse.

SHAUN

Prophetess Zooshada?

Liela

(whispers)

Maybe she's not here Shaun.. we probably should get going..

SHAUN

We're here to talk about..the Messiah.. If I could just ask...

Dishes are heard rattling in the kitchen. A dish breaks and then..coughing.

Shauns eyebrows fix to curious/anger.

Shaun extends his arms behind him protecting Liela as he steps forward.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

(a sick voice)

Don't come any closer Shaun.. and...for the Love of God..don't call that deciever the Messiah.

Liela was about to let out a scream but quickly covers her mouth.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

That goes for you too Liela. Please..the both of you..have a seat.. in the TV room. I'm just finishing up this cup of tea.

Shaun and Liela walk to the TV room and have a seat.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

You can turn off that nonsense if you wish. He's not here.. not yet anyway.

Liela looks scared at Shaun. Shaun turns off the tv and mouths the words "it'll be OK".

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

You come asking about him..because one of you has seen him. One of you has begun to unviel the truth of our world.

Prophetess Zooshada coughs.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

(stirring tea)

Perhaps in another world..another dimension..those little bastards didn't exist. If only this were some sort of movie and it was a badly scripted attempt at adding religion with scientific what ifs...pffttttt... Messiah.

Prophetess Zooshada coughs.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

It'd make one hell of a movie I'll tell you that...but sadly...

Prophetess Zooshada steps into the camera view.

Prophetess Zooshada is old.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

There won't even be enough time for a commercial of such nature now would there be?

Prophetess Zooshada does more coughing.

SHAUN

what happened to -

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Just be quiet and listen. I'm sure you didn't come all this way to hear yourself talk. I know what you seek.. and have it you will. And you..Liela..Turn on your recorder...

Shaun looks to Liela. He nods to her and she nods back. Liela pulls out a cellphone and presses record.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

That False Messiah is a ruthless lying Alien among our people!

Shaun and Liela become disturbed but continue listening.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

They aren't all the same...the aliens. They were once a peaceful nation. God had his angels watch over them while they learnt His laws. They all thrived in visions and were powerful prophets who accepted God. As powerful as they were Jesus Christ was and still is the most powerful prophet of us all. They love strongly in their society. Even if its through prophecy and must wait to meet they will love that partner forever. They do not ever date! Never losing sight of their destined love..ever. Just looking at another with an eye of lust or interest is a great offense to them and they react rather strongly.

Shaun looks down and away trying to figure something out.

Liela notices..swallows and focuses on Prophetess Zooshada.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Our careless habits are beneath their near to perfect ways. Many assumed it was just about our intellect as to why "life in the great myserious galaxy" never encountered us. No..these beings feel. But then..there came a tide among them. Some believing that our ways were too destructive and that the most powerful prophet should have been born as one of them. That we mocked heaven and our freedom into the face of God. We took for granted a system that forgives and turned it into a system of our souls bliss. So they..a band of them...went to search for more reasons to finally condemn us.

Prophetess Zooshada begins to cough.

SHAUN

(stands up)

Prophetess!

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Sit down, sit down!

Shaun sits back down.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

(long sigh)

So they disregarded their laws and left Gods hedge to come to earth on a mission to rid the universe of our sin. They visited the nile..and yes..those pyramids were already there....they visited gethesmane..they visited the tomb and then it happened...

Liela becomes frightened.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

They discovered demons.

Liela lets out a crying shock covering her mouth with her hands.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

They listened to their demonic lies. They agreed that this world deserved to perish of its sin and in return the aliens will get to rule if they sold out on God.

Shaun

Are you saying that aliens-

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Be quiet boy! Demons had already plagued this world! It is no aliens fault but the fault of our own kind which gives them strength. Satan has a way of drawing evil to him..even from the farthest regions of the universe it seems. And soon they heard rumor of a key. One that can not only see between heaven and earth. But can unlock it. You see..the Anti-Christ. He's the other key...the key to the abyss.

Liela

So This Key to the abyss.. I mean.. what are we supposed to do about it now?

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

The Key to the abyss must be destroyed....as powerful as it is..it is still mortal..born on this very planet. But..the choice belongs to the Key of heaven.

SHAUN

I don't understand?

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

That drug "Soul Bliss" was a cursed instrument used to bring in his demonic underworld.

SHAUN

But why a drug..that doesn't make sense?

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Oh? and what does make sense boy? Possessing random people at will and exposing the end of time? Making it such a spectacle that everyone will pray and honor God and collaborate to defeat it? Or..using the worlds weaknesses against itself..and systematically influencing wars..hatred and poverty? To only then rise after such great deception as the peoples savior?

SHAUN

Then why did you help him! Scripture tells us about the beast and the false prophet Zooshada. Why tell us this now after condemning your people to trust him!?

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Help him? As a young girl I was told about a time where someone will come and I would have to choose..

Prophetess Zooshada stands up.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

..we all have to make choices. To protect our loved ones..to protect this world..to protect our faith in God. And if I had not made my choice Shaun..to become the bearer of false truth.. and if the Anti-Christ would rather go on possessing people otherwise..then who my dear..just who would the Heavens Key have to inform them of these things?

Liela

And just who is Heavens Key? Why isn't it doing something?

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

We both know very well who the Key is...Liela.

Prophetess Zooshada begins to move newspapers and kneels in prayer.

SHAUN

The choice..you said the Key would have to make a choice..what's that choice?

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

If the Anti-Christ is left to live on this earth he will continue to possess man of demons. Destroying souls and their chance at redemption..forever. He will do this for a very long time and eventually..when the time is right..turn on society and rule as their new leader in Satans name. But if the Key of Heaven made a choice to kill him...He will free the people and restore the opportunity for redemption..

SHAUN

Then that's it! All the Key has to do is kill the Anti-Christ!

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

In order to unlock the abyss..the key must be killed first. The key naturally wouldn't destroy himself of course..for failure is greatly punishable for much of eternity where he comes from. And you know what happens then?

Liela and Shaun remain silent.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

The apocalypse.

A fire alarm is heard out in the apartment hall.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Do not worry..niether of you two shall die today...But..once you leave this place..your faith..in all things that you love.. that could die..we all have choices..Go now and remember this!

Smoke is building.

SHAUN

(running over to prophetess)

Come on! We can still get you out of here!

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Dear boy.. I'm holding them back. If you don't hurry all this would have been for nothing..now go!

Shaun stares at the prophetess and then nods. He makes his way to the door. Liela follows.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

And you..Liela.

Liela stops and turns to listen.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

You should know what is forbidden...make the right choice.

Liela shakes her head in confusion and leaves out with Shaun.

Shaun and Liela are in a hall that is filled with smoke..they turn behind them and see a man walking in the smoke.

The man has a molotov in his hand and is smiling. His eyes are also covered in pitch black.

SHAUN

Come on..back up this way!

Shaun leads Liela to the other end of the hall where the stair well is. They are walking backwards.

Outside the building Mr. Paschar is with the fire department escorting people out of the lobby.

Mr. Paschar leaves the building and his fire chief begins to talk to him as he tries to go back in.

MR. PASCHAR

But sir there are still people in there!

Firefighter

Look Paschar.. it's too dangerous right now..I'm not sending anyone else in there.

Mr. Paschar stares upward at the building.

A hand comes into view of the camera and a small knife drops down. (Marcus' knife)

Back in the building the man with the molotov is walking forward.

Molotov Man

You two..in myyyyy grasp! Whatasurprise...

His head twitches and he pats the molotov on his leg.

MOLOTOV MAN

burn and feel our hate. Our hate has burned for soooooo LONG!

The molotov man raises his hand to throw it but a voice is heard from prophetess zooshadas room.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

That is quite enough...demon. Walk this way in the name of my true lord and savior Jesus Christ. Obey the order of a servant in the light!

Molotov man has been frozen stuck and cannot move. He is then seen walking into prophetess zooshadas room.

MOLOTOV MAN

You traitor! You treacherous traitor! He will have you punished and destroyed for this!

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

So be it Demon! We shall see which of the two will truly be punished! Shaun if you can hear me this one last time..that woman..she loves you..trust her................... God give me strength! Release thy weapon!

Liela tries to run to the room but Shaun holds her back.

Liela is crying and fighting too get to the room.

A fire blazes from the apartment.

Shaun and Liela have stopped struggling and can only stare.

SHAUN

Lets go Liela..Lets go now!

Shaun and Liela are making their way down the steps.

As Shaun and Liela almost make it down they see 2 men in black smiling.

The same 2 men that Shaun saw at the party.

Shaun tries to back Liela up the stairs.

Liela

Shaun..just what's going on ..who are these people?

SHAUN

Just walk back slowly Liela...

Shaun tests a door to see if its hot.

Shaun enters into the door..Liela and Shaun are coughing.

The 2 men in black appear from the door way.

One of the 2 men in black cracks his neck and puts his hand on the wall.

Liela and Shaun stop and watch. The man begins to crawl on the side of the wall. Scrurrying towards them.

The door behind Shaun opens and Marcus is standing there with his small knife staring angrily.

Shaun and Liela notice.

Liela puts her hands to her mouth.

Marcus begins to run at them.

As the man is still scurrying across the wall, Marcus whips his knife in the air turning it into a sword.

The Man on the wall leaps at Shaun and Liela.

Marcus takes a step on the wall and pierces the man in the chest. They both go flying back in the opposite direction.

The man in black is dead and Marcus is poised over him.

The other man in black is watching unmoved. He gestures for Marcus to get up.

Marcus gets up.

Marcus

You two..get out.

The man Marcus pierced reawakens and stands up very quickly.

Marcus swings backwards but the man ducks.

The other man in black approaches but Marcus swiftly turns and swings at him downward.

The two men in black begin to laugh.

The voice

(speaking in Shauns head)

Take Liela and get out Shaun. Get out now.

Shaun shakes his head and grabs Liela to the exit.

Marcus is shown being slammed into the wall. Breaking large amounts and setting off loud slams.

One of the men notices Shaun leaving and tries to maneuver around Marcus. Marcus manages to stop him.

THE VOICE

Keep going Shaun!

Shaun is going down the stairs with Liela. A man in black suddenly hops over the rail right in front of them.

MAN IN BLACK

All this fire, smoke and running.. Why do you dare bother? The nerve of your kind!

The man in black slams his fist into the wall.

Shaun and Liela are backed into another hallway.

Fire has begun to rise and the only exit is behind them.

The man in black turns to Liela.

MAN IN BLACK

If you come with us now...and join us..we will be certain not to harm you.

Liela looks frightened at his words.

The man in black opens up a vortex in the wall. He extends his hand.

MAN IN BLACK

Come..join us.

Mr. Paschar comes from behind the man in black and puts his left arm around his throat while twisting the man in blacks arm.

MR. PASCHAR

Shaun! ... (struggles) Shaun! You get out of here now! You hear me! Get out now! Take my son and get out of here!

SHAUN

Dad!

Shaun runs forward.

MR. PASCHAR

No Shaun! Get going!

Fire blazes in the hallway.

The man in black is looking very serious now. Standing still. He slowly raises his arm and clasps it on Mr. Paschars left arm.

A snapping noise is heard as his grip alone breaks the left arm.

Mr. Paschar quickly lets go of the twisted arm and wraps his rightarm around the neck as his left arm is crushed.

Mr. Paschar looks at his son and then looks back at the vortex.

Shaun shakes his head no.

MR. PASCHAR

Just know that everything is in God's plan son.

The man in black becomes angered at the sound of God. He crushes Mr. Paschar left arm more and shouts in anger.

MR. PASCHAR

We love you son. And we're so proud of you!

Shauns father cries out in agony just before falling with the man in black into the vortex.

The vortex closes.

Shaun screams in tears and reaches out for his father but it's too late. Liela is in tears but is grabbing Shaun by his arm. They manage to escape the burning building.