Status: This is part 1 of a 3 part series. Hoping to have it picked up and turned into a film.

The Key

INT. bible study: HOME - Later

INT. bible study: HOME - Later

Shaun and Mrs. Paschar are seen reading the bible together later that night around the table.

Shaun is sitting on Mrs. Paschars lap.

Mrs. Paschar is telling the story of Jesus Christ when he was a little boy.

Shaun

But momma why didn't Mary let Jesus talk in da' temple?

Mrs. Paschar closes the bible.

MR. PASCHAR

Well Shaun..as brave and smart as He was his momma probably felt worried about him.

SHAUN

Was he in trouble?

MRS. PASCHAR

Oh no, no, no honey. Some people who loved God were also really mean. And because his momma loved him so much she did her best-est to protect her little guy from harm.

SHAUN

Were they really mean to Jesus momma?

MRS. PASCHAR

Well honey.. lets say you and I find out together.

Shaun nods his head yes and places his chin in both of his hands as he turns back to the bible.

Mrs. Paschar opens it back up.

int. visionary art: classroom - Later

(Shaun is 13)

Shaun now goes to a Catholic elementary school.

Shaun is in class and his teacher is talking about prophets.

The camera passes over students in the room and a boy (Kevin) reading a science magazine behind his bible.

Shaun has his head down and is doodling on a piece of paper.

MRS. PENDAGRAS

(in the middle of a lesson)

..and those prophets were sometimes ordinary people ladies and gentlemen. Ordinary young men and young women who God would choose to do extraordinary tasks.

SAMANTHA

Do prophets still exist?

MRS. PENDAGRAS

It's really hard to say Samantha. But as faith would have it - I do believe that God chooses some of us today. Take Prophetess Zooshada for example. She is 77 years old, from our very city and is known by the world for following God's plan. You just have to be careful not to put your faith in people..but to keep your faith with God.

Bell rings for lunch.

MRS. PENDAGRAS

Lunch time everyone!

Students are packing up their books.

Shaun is now putting away his doodles.

Some kid makes a joke about Shaun on the way out to a group of friends. They laugh as they exit.

Mrs. Pendagras notices the situation and walks towards Shaun.

Mrs. Pendagras stops Shaun from putting away his last doodle and picks it up from the desk.

MRS. PENDAGRAS

You know Shaun..in the book of Luke Christ tells us "no prophet is accepted in his hometown". If we recall our studies..Luke was an artist and also an apostle of Christ.

Shaun

(looking confused)

So you think I'm a prophet?

MRS. PENDAGRAS

(lightly laughs)

I think..

Mrs. Pendagras crosses her arms

MRS. PENDAGRAS

...if you practice at your blessings you'll become a great artist one day. And as great you'll become it would be just as great for you to pay more attention.

Shaun

(Smiles)

Sure thing Mrs. Pendagras.

Mrs. Pendagras nods for Shaun to leave with a smile on her face.

Shaun leaves the classroom.

Mrs.Pendgras takes another look at the doodle.

The camera zooms downward on the doodle.

A picture of a sword and shield.

Doves flying downward with buckets of water.

An eagle flying into a beacon of light with stars surrounding it.

At the bottom is the planet covered in flames.