Status: This is part 1 of a 3 part series. Hoping to have it picked up and turned into a film.

The Key

ext. is he ready?: college - afternoon

ext. is he ready?: college - afternoon

(Shawn is 19 - Present Day)

Shaun and Liela went to the same bible college and attended the same classes.

Shaun and Liela are good friends.

Shaun is walking off campus and is on the phone.

SHAUN

Yes Angie..(laughs) This semester was great.

ANGIE

I'm so glad to hear that Shaun! Congratulations on a successful year!

Shaun passes by a group of girls on campus.

Girls

Hey brother Shaun! Great interview on God's Visionaries TV!

SHAUN

(looking up from his phone)

Shaun raises his hand to gesture hi

Thanks, and God Bless you guys.

Shaun goes back on the phone.

SHAUN

Hello?

ANGIE

Yeah, what was that about?

SHAUN

They tuned in on God's Visionaries TV with pastors John and Jim about my practice ministry.

ANGIE

Wow.. Aren't you Mr. Popular now?

SHAUN

(laughs)

I wouldn't say that..All glory belongs to God. The support here has also been.. incredible. (pauses) You too Angie.. You've been incredible.

There is a brief pause.

ANGIE

It's only been a few months but we're always here for you...and speaking of we.. (Angie whispers quickly) She's so proud of you!

ms. Basquali

Hello?

SHAUN

Hey Ms. Basquali!

MS. BASQUALI

Shaun! My, my, my- what gifts the Lord has blessed you with!

SHAUN

Amen Ms. Basquali! How's everything going?

Shaun signals for a cab and gets in.

MS. BASQUALI

How's everything? (laughs) Everythings fine my boy! Great interview!

45 minutes later.

Shaun gets out of the cab after paying his fare while Ms. Basquali is still speaking.

Shaun is at the train station.

Shaun then notices Liela waiting for the same train, checking her watch with one suitcase in hand.

SHAUN

Sure thing Ms. Basquali. I'll be sure to give Angie a call later.

MS. BASQUALI

You behave yourself over there ya hear? Don't let me have to come out there (laughs)

SHAUN

(laughs)

Will do Ms. Basqauli.. Love you guys.

Shaun hangs up and walks over to Liela. Shaun taps her shoulder. Liela turns around and is surpised to see Shaun.

LIELA

Oh Hey Shaun!

Liela gives Shaun a hug.

LIELA

Ready to meet the fam?

SHAUN

Ah man. Moms going to be.. Well you know how she gets..

Liela

(imitating Mrs. Paschar)

"Ohh my baby! Welcome home! You eating right? You keepin up with the news? Oh! And Hows that incredibly beautiful and talented girl named Liela doing? (laughing)

SHAUN

(laughing)

Yeah, that was.. close enough.

The train arrives and Shaun and Liela board.

int. is he ready? 2: train - evening

Liela has fallen asleep.

Shaun is seen watching Liela sleep.

Shaun is seen getting ready to sleep as the train goes by.

INT. IS HE READY? 3: TRAIN - morning

The train is now back in Shaun and Liela's city.

Shaun wakes up first and notices they arrived. He nudges Liela gently.

Liela wakes up and notices they arrived.

Shaun and Liela are then seen getting their carry on luggage from off the train.

EXT. IS HE READY? 4: train station - continued

Shauns parents are waiting for him at the station.

Shauns mother is joyous to see him with hugs and kisses.

Shauns father watches with his shades on.

They offer Liela a ride but Liela says her ride will be there shortly.

Shaun and his family part ways.

ext. IS HE READY? 5: Beginning of the end - home - afternoon

The Paschars pull up in the driveway and Shaun grabs his bags from the car.

Mr. Paschar walks up next to his son and hugs him for a long time.

SHAUN

Dad? hasn't been that long has it..

MR. PASCHAR

(embaressed)

Right..(laughs) It's just..it's just so good to see you son. Things have gotten a little crazy since this Messiah shown up. I'm just very proud of you.

SHAUN

I've always been proud of you Dad.

The Paschars look at each other and Shauns father replies.

MRs. PASCHAR

Shaun.. We ..we love you. And that's all that matters.

SHAUN

Come on you guys.. I'm not going anywhere and the way I see it niether are you guys anytime soon.

Shaun taps his fathers strong arms as he enters into the house.

int. the news: house - evening

Shaun and his family are watching a televised news broadcast on the Messiah.

Newscaster 1

Leaders around the world have all gathered in peace in the respective name of the Messiah. He has helped them with their differences and continues to heal the world of its wars, famine and injustices.

Mrs. Paschar changes the channel.

The channel is called GodsVisionaries Tv.

Newscaster John

..and while our esteemed so called Messiah is conquering global disputes, sickness and poverty we still see the damage that has been done by the new drug called "Souls Bliss" that erupted on our streets. Not only are scientists unable to dissect the substances of that drug or discover its origins- it's the victims that have become subdued by its trance effects. Teachers, friends and parents have claimed that after their loved ones had taken this mysterious drug that they became different among other reports. Is our Messiah truly out to heal the world? Or is he just leading us on? Some experts in the religious community claim that he is not the Messiah but the Anti-Christ himself embodying the symbolic traits of a Lord and savior.

Shaun becomes more interested in the broadcast.

newscaster Jim

Now John, that's just absurd! How can a man..no..a God send! Be condemned to the thoughtless drivel of mortals? He represents a change and presence that we..yes John even you..have yearned for. The opportunties for real peace and for a true chance at God's embrace are finally here. We've made it John!

NEWSCASTER JOHN

Now Jim, we go way back and this..it's just absurd that we would find ourselves in a religious community that should know to question and seek God's answer in this through prayer. I'm not saying he's the Anti-Christ Jim but it's impossible for me to say He's the Christ until my God has said so with undeniable confirmation.

NEWSCASTER JIM

Undeniable confirmation!? What of the many who HAVE prayed on it and have placed their claim in God's answer? Those who said that God told them in the many ways He chooses to speak to us that yes, indeed, this man is our Lord and savior. I'm one of those people John and you know what? So is Prophetess Zooshada. You remember her John? The worlds most respected prophet at the near age of 100 healed of all ailments and brought to a youthful age of 25! Explain that John? Are you trying to say God doesn't speak to us? Are we forgetting the many times you've asked ME to pray for you and THANKED ME ON AIR about my gift with God?

NEWSCASTER JOHN

Jim..look..I

NEWSCASTER JIM

you know what John! I'm sorry this had to be live and on air.. I just..I just can't do this anymore. I can't sit here and listen to a guy who'd rather argue with the beauty this Messiah has brought to our country..to the world. And you know what? If you want to stick to your biblical revelations.. and say he's the anti-christ FINE! I remember reading very clear that the real Christ you so damn well yearn for is coming with a sword! A sword John! Is that what you are hoping for? For our world to be in wait of destruction and death? Your neighbors..friends..children all across the world..even me John..you want that for me too?

NEWSCASTER JOHN

Jim..please just listen to what I've got to say..

Jim takes off his shirt mic and walks off set.

Jim can be heard shouting to the producer

NEWSCASTER JIM

"no ..that's it.. I'm done. I just can't work with a guy who all these years has just been...just been a faithful murderer. Either you get rid of him or thats it... you've lost me for good!"

The channel goes off air.

Shaun turns to his parents who are looking at each other. Mr. Paschar grabs his wifes hand.