I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In

Chapter Sixteen

Walking into the cool, dark house, Isabelle shivered slightly. Her hand ran through her hair, slightly wavy from the salty ocean air. Flicking on the lounge room light, she watched as the house erupted into brightness. Leland stepped in behind her, placing a hand on her hip as he brushed past her and into the kitchen.

"You want a coffee, baby?" he asked, leaning against the grey countertop and watching Isabelle intently. He flicked the kettle on anyway and pulled a mug out of the cupboard. She nodded silently, sitting on the lounge and pulling a cushion to her chest. He could tell she was crying. Sweeping over to her, he pulled her into his tattooed arms, "I'm so sorry, baby. Things are going to get better, I promise you."

"I know," Isabelle sobbed, her lip trembling as she tried to speak, "I just hate leaving her. I'm so scared she's going to think I don't love her or want her anymore."

Leland held her tighter, kissing her head, "Dad and Beth will make sure she doesn't feel that way. She's only little but I can guarantee she knows that you love her more than anything and you would have her home if you could."

"I hope so," she wiped the tears from her blushed cheeks, before licking her chapped lips, "I need a shower. I'm all salty."

"Okay," Leland lifted her chin, kissing her softly.

Isabelle looked up into his brown eyes, before kissing him once more, a little more forcefully this time, "Did you um- do you need a shower too?" She bit her bottom lip in anticipation, watching as Leland nodded, bringing his lips to hers once more.

Moving through the house, Leland picked Isabelle up, manoeuvring her legs around his torso. His hands ran up the back of her shirt, one resting on her neck, pushing her closer to him. She moaned as they stumbled into her bedroom, breaking their kiss to pull the white singlet adorned his sun-kissed body over his head. He grinned as she bit her lip, kissing her once again. Untangling her legs from his waist, she took his hand, leading him into the charcoal bathroom. As she turned on the faucet, she felt his hands untying the knot holding her bikini top on underneath her shirt.

In a matter of minutes, both were naked, pressed up against the cool tiles of the shower. Warm water trickled over their bodies. Leland hoisted her up, keeping her back against the wall. He broke their passionate kiss as he slowly slipped into her, watching as her mouth gaped open and her back arched in pleasure. It was amazing, everything he had imagined it to be. Isabelle used one hand to hold onto Leland, the other hand roamed to the back of his neck, pulling him as close as physically possible as their bodies moved with one another.

Isabelle's legs tightened around Leland; her hips moving faster and with more urgency. She tangled her fingers in Leland's wet hair, tugging gently as she groaned. She arched her back, pressing her naked breasts firmly against his chest. He took the opportunity to suck on her exposed neck, causing her hips to buck firmly against him, her body shaking as she let out a loud moan. Leland pulled away from her and watched as her face contorted into pure ecstasy, just before feeling the exact same pleasure himself.

He held her in his arms for a moment, her legs limp around his torso but still present, kissing her deeply. His knees felt weak beneath him so he placed her onto the shower floor. She looked at him, her blue eyes searching his brown ones, placing a gentle but passionate kiss on his lips. As she held her lips there, he smiled.

"If I had known it would be that good, I wouldn't have fallen asleep that night before the action started."

Isabelle laughed, a blissful tinkling laugh that echoed through the bathroom, "If I had known it would be that good, I would've woken you up."

His arms moved to either side of her head, his palms splayed on the cool tiles. He lent down and kissed her again. He wasn't sure what it was, but kissing her made him feel like he was floating and he couldn't get enough.

As Isabelle opened her eyes, she saw a black figure looking through the bathroom window. She gasped, grabbing Leland's arm, "There's someone looking through the window."

"What?" He snapped his head around, but the figure had dissipated, "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive. How long were they watching for?!"

Leland stepped out of the shower, Isabelle turning the faucet off and rushing to grab a towel. Throwing on a pair of pants, Leland jogged outside followed closely by Isabelle. She stayed at the door, as Leland made his way to the bathroom window. There was no one there, but a fresh Marlboro Red cigarette stub indicated someone had been there. He walked out to the footpath, looking both ways but seeing no one.

"Leland!" Isabelle shrieked from the doorway, causing him to snap around and sprint towards her. He saw the shadowy figure bolt from the porch.

"Call my dad!" Leland shouted, sprinting after the silhouette.

Isabelle ran inside, grabbing her purse and shifting through the rubbish to find her cell. She'd managed to dial the first three numbers before hearing a familiar haunting voice.

"Hello, you hoe."

Clenching the towel tighter around her naked body, Isabelle shook her head. This couldn't be real.

The man closed the door behind him, locking it quickly, "Don't want that fucking lady-boy interrupting us do we?" Isabelle didn't respond, backing away instead. "I definitely didn't think that would be your type. Long hair, tattoos? He looks like a fucking criminal!"

"But he isn't," she whispered, "you are."

"A little bit of drugs here and there. God, you have always exaggerated."

"What about the breaking and entering? The assault? And now stalking."

"Stalking?!" He laughed, "I'm just curious to see what you've been up to. I notice my daughter is absent. Is that so you and lover-boy can fuck uninterrupted?" He spat those words at her, his fists clenching at her side as he continued to move towards her.

Isabelle felt tears sting at her eyes, "Not at all. She wasn't safe with me, with you on the loose."

"Not safe?!" he roared, punching the wall to the side of her, "She's my fucking daughter you slut."

"You dropped her! You said you didn't want her! Why can't you just leave us alone, Tim?" Isabelle cried, her back pressed against the wall.

"Because you are mine," he whispered, in a voice that could only be described as chilling. It chilled her to her core, "I don't fucking care what you think, you will always belong to me, bitch."

The front door handle turned, but the door remained shut. Leland moved to the side window, glancing in. Seeing Tim towering over Isabelle infuriated him. He stepped back, and slammed his foot into the front door, sending it flying open and splintering.

"Fuck, I forgot you think you're some bad ass," Tim groaned, not turning around to look at Leland, "One fucking TV show and all of a sudden you're this big fucking man."

"Get the fuck away from her," Leland spoke through gritted teeth.

Tim snorted, "Or what? You'll knock me out?"

"I did last time."

"You got lucky," Tim snapped, "Now fuck off." He turned to Isabelle, sneering as he reached out to flick off the damp towel. She clenched the towel tightly. "Don't be shy. I just seen your naked body fucking that," he sneered, gesturing his thumb to Leland behind him.

"I'm not going to ask you again, Tim," Leland warned, "Get the fuck away from her."

Tim reached forward, grabbing Isabelle's face in his hand. He clenched tightly, raising his other fist in a swift motion and colliding it with her jaw. She fell, whimpering, as Tim was knocked to the right of her. He fell with a thud, his head narrowly missing the lamp table.

Leland stood over him, his eyes alight with fury, "I fucking warned you. What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He moved towards Isabelle, crouching beside her and holding her face gingerly in his hands. He kissed her cheek tenderly, and scooped her up into his arms. She clung to him, her body weeping and her face buried into the crook of his neck. Placing her gently on the lounge, he kissed her once more as he dug his cell from his pants pocket, dialling the police and then his father.

"Leland," she whispered, almost breathlessly from beside him. He crouched next to her, his calloused hand brushing her hair from her eyes. "I'm sorry you have to go through this."

He shook his head, a small smile on his face, "Isabelle, you are unbelievably special to me. I should have kicked his ass before he had the chance to hurt you. I would do anything, and I mean anything, for you."

"I love you, Leland," she mumbled, before her eyes closed.