I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In

Chapter Twenty

Duane and Leland remained outside, while Isabelle had excused herself to have a shower. She hesitated slightly, worrying that Duane would tell Leland the extent of her feelings for him. Although she agreed that communicating with Leland was something that would need to be done in the near future, she'd like to do it on her own time. Duane seemed to understand her hesitation, giving her a silent nod away from Leland's gaze.

She moved through the house, stepping into her ensuite. As hot water escaped the faucet, the room became steamy. She stripped down and stepped into the waterfall. She smiled as she stared at the cool, charcoal tiles before remembering what had occurred after she and Leland had done the deed. A small lump formed in her throat, which she gulped down. Leland and Duane were outside and she was safe, she reassured herself.

She closed her eyes, feeling the water trickle onto her face and down her body. However, the niggling feeling that someone was watching her remained. Her eyes darted to the dark window. There was no one there. She began to feel uncomfortable. What if he was just hiding himself better this time? She shivered, turning off the taps and covering herself with a towel. She hurriedly slipped on some pyjama shorts and a tank top. She untied her hair, allowing it to dangle wavily over her shoulders. She glanced at the dark window once more, before shaking off the feeling and leaving the bedroom.

Duane was standing at the back door, obviously getting ready to leave.

"You going?" Isabelle asked, smiling as he turned to face her.

He nodded, "Yeah, better get home. You two have a fun night." He winked, before his face became serious and he shook his head, "that's just a disturbing thought for me to be having."

"You're sick, bra," Leland shook his head. "I'll walk you out. See you in bed?" He stood up from the outdoor chair, facing Isabelle.

She shook her head, "I was coming for a smoke. I'll come out with you."

The three of them stepped out the front door. Isabelle lit up her cigarette and remained on the stoop, while Leland and Duane playfully wrestled on the front lawn.

"What are you doing?" Isabelle laughed, as Leland tried to tackle Duane to the floor, "You two are like five year olds."

"Alright! I gotta go!" Duane loudly spoke, trying to shake Leland off his back. "You're lucky your girlfriend was here, bra."

"Oh, why?" Leland smirked, "You couldn't win if you tried."

Duane shook his head, obviously too tired to argue back, "See you tomorrow. Belle, I'll see you next time my macho brother breaks your door." Isabelle chuckled, stubbing out her smoke and waving goodbye. She stepped back into the house and made sure the back door was securely locked.

Leland followed suit, ensuring the front door and windows were locked tightly. He turned off the TV and the lights in the loungeroom, before making his way into Isabelle's bedroom. She wasn't in there yet. He assumed she was in Zahli's bedroom. It was something she did every night. Isabelle stepped into the bedroom; her face fraught with sadness.

"It'll be okay, baby. She'll be back with us soon enough," he said, scrambling over the bed to lift Isabelle's chin and kiss her gingerly.

She nodded, closing the bedroom door behind her. Leland kissed her again; this time with a bit more force. He could feel her smile as he kissed her. He pressed himself harder against her, causing her back to hit the door. Her arms wrapped around his neck and he kissed her passionately.

His phone buzzed on the bedside table; a phone call. He ignored it, moving his lips from her mouth to her jawline, to her neck, causing her to moan.

"Leland, your phone is ringing," she mumbled, glancing over as the phone stopped briefly before ringing again.

"Ignore it," he said, breathlessly, moving back to kiss her lips. He tugged at the hem of her tank top, breaking away for a moment to take it off her body.

The phone stopped once more, before buzzing again. Isabelle tried to make out the caller ID, but Leland took her face in his hands, "Fuck the phone."

"What if it's important?" Isabelle groaned, feeling him hard against her.

He shook his head, pressing against her harder, "It's not more important than this."

"Leland-" she continued, however was cut off by Leland's hand slipping into her pyjama shorts; two fingers pressed against her in a circular motion. She could do nothing but moan, as he picked her up and placed her on the bed.

"Fuck the phone," he reiterated, forcefully, before kissing her once more.