Status: I'll try and update as much as I can. Enjoy! :)

A Million Reasons

Responsibility

I woke up with a pounding headache. The only thing I remember after John's departure was alcohol. I drank a lot of it. And the way my stomach was churning this morning only confirmed my thoughts. I sighed at the brightness of the sun shining into my bedroom like it was it's job.

"Bloody fucking sun." I muttered walking out of my room. I walked down stairs and searched cupboard after cupboard for some aspirin, with no luck. I kept muttering curse words until I long arm snaked above my head and pulled out a bottle of aspirin, behind everything in the damn cupboard. I looked over at him gratefully, grabbing the bottle before pouring two into my hand. After I swallowed them, I sat down with my head in my arms only lifting it when I heard the clink of a mug hitting the counter in front of my face. I looked over to John curiously.

"Aspirin and Coffee. Best hangover cure." He shrugged. I laughed at breathed in the scent of the warm dark liquid in front of me. I took a sip and sighed contently, until I could feel my stomach churning again. I grabbed my stomach and ran to the bathroom. I pretty sure I puked up all of my insides. I hadn't even realized John followed me, until he let go of my greasy hair surrounding my face. I sat against the tub and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

"I'm never drinking again." I muttered loudly.
"I say that everytime." He said, laughing.

I got up and scrubbed my teeth over and over, trying to get the horrible taste out of my mouth.

"John!" Jared yelled from god knows where in the house. He sighed and got up to leave.

"Hey John?"
"Mhm?"
"Thanks." I said sincerely. I normally had to deal with hangovers by myself back home. I mean when I got them. I normally drank on my own too. Not nearly as much fun.
"Anytime." He said before continuing. I smiled to myself. Maybe visiting Jared was a good thing afterall.

_____________________________________________________________

After a while I got really bored with watching tv, so I went out to my car and opened up my glove compartment and grabbed my camera. I've always loved photography. I decided to go for a walk to see if I could find any pretty places. I kept walking and walking, I found plenty of pretty places, just not what I was looking for. Suddenly a white pickup truck slowed down beside me, making me feel a little nervous. The window rolled down slowly revealing a familiar face. I sighed in relief.

"Whatcha doing?" John asked.
"Walking." I said in a 'duh' tone.
"Where to?"
"I don't know. Trying to find somewheres to take good pictures." I said holding up my camera around my neck.
"Hop in." He said. I walked around the front of the truck and opened the passenger door. He patted the seat. I sat down.

"Where are we going?"
"You'll see." We drove for quite a while, it was starting to get dark.
"John. Jared's going to be worried."
"We're almost there." I sighed and slumped back into the seat. When we finally pulled on to a dirt road, it was fully dark out. We stopped on a high hill. He opened his door, and so did I. He led me through a few trees before we reached a small spot overlooking Tempe. It was breath taking. All the lights made it look so mesmerizing. On top of it all, there was a perfect view of the stars.

"John." I said breathlessly.
"It's beautiful isn't it."
"Oh my god. Yes." I sat down, pulling John with me. He chuckled but obliged anyways. I aimed my camera at the beautiful sight in front of me. I took a few shots before John stood up abruptly. I looked up at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.
"I was supposed to meet up with Lauren." He said looking down at me with that same apologetic face from last night.
I nodded shortly and started walking to his truck.
"Macy! Wait." He said grabbing my shoulder. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." I lied, feeling like my tears were begging to get out. I hopped in his car and looked out the window the whole ride back. I was far too jealous of someone I didn't even know. Far too attached.

_____________________________________________________________

We pulled up to Jared's house and I tried to get out the door as fast as I could, but John tugged on my arm.

"Are you sure you're okay?"
"I'm perfectly fine."
"I really am sorry."
"It's okay John. Really." I said, making eye contact for the first time since we left. God he had perfect eyes. He let go of my arm. I shut the door and started towards the door.

"Jared. I'm home." I said. I walked into the living room to see various unfamiliar faces. They all looked at me when I walked in.

"Oh hey Mace." Jared said.

I sat down next to a boy with overly attractive hair and big eyes. He smiled brightly and put out a hand to me.
"I'm Halvo." He said.
I grabbed his hand, "Halvo's an interesting name." I started.
He laughed. "I get that alot. My real name's Eric. But my last name's Halverson, so everyone just calls me Halvo." He shrugged.
"Eh, I like it." I said mimicking him, shrugging. "I'm Macy." I said smiling. Everyone was still looking at me.
"That's Joel." He said pointing to a boy with shaggy hair, and two piercings. He was cute. He waved shyly. He pointed to each as he spoke, "Nick, Alex and Andrew." Then, "Justin, Sean and Ryan." I waved at them all.

"So where were you?" Jared asked.
"I went for a walk." I half told the truth. "Well it was great to meet you guys, but I'm gonna go read." I walked up to my bedroom and sighed. I had a couple of things I definitely needed to face. 1. My mother. 2. John.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey. hi. whats down/ new update. enjoyyyyyy. I'll probably end up updating again tonight considering I don't have a life. But for now I have to go study.. sighhh. let meh know what cha think lovebugs :)