Status: Will contain violence & gore.

Give

Brother

Junhong stands in front of the sink, hands braced on the edge as memories of the last time he saw her flash by.

"Junhong , you'll be okay while I'm gone right?"

He scoffs, rolling his eyes at her worried expression. "You worry too much, noona. I'm twenty- I know how to take care of myself. Besides you're only going to be gone for two days right?"

Ae Ri nods still looking skeptical. "I can't help but worry a little. After what happened to abeoji and umma..." she trails off, noting the way he grimaced at the way she referred to their adoptive parents.

"That was years ago." He states simply, taking her zipped duffel bag and carrying it into the living room. "I'm surprised you even remember what happened, you were like six years old."

"And you were three," she says with raised brows. "Do you even remember?"

"It's kind of hard to forget KyungRi- I mean umma- having a heart attack and abeoji getting mauled to death by a wild animal."

She frowns at how he speaks so nonchalantly about such a thing but her attention is quickly diverted by a car horn outside.

"I'm guessing that's hyung?"

"Yes, I told him I'd meet him outside so we could beat the traffic. I'll see you in two days. Make you sure you eat, ok? Call me if you need anything!"


The sound of a door opening shakes him out of the memory's hold and he glances up seeing one of his friends peering in.

"Are you holding up okay?" He blanches, a hand covering face as he mumbles "Right, stupid question."

Junhong shrugs, checking his vibrant hair in the mirror as he straightens his suit. "Are they about ready?"

"Yeah, Yongguk's already... He's already here." A pause as Junhong walks towards the door and his friend finally takes a good look at him. "You know people are going to freak over your hair right? Not that it matters but..."

"Ae Ri was going to help me dye it when she got back. I ended up doing it myself." He doesn't mention that he did it the night she died, only after destroying everything within sight range and using the color she had intended to use on herself when she returned.

He doesn't say anything more, exiting the room and making his way down the hall. Upon reaching the doorway he comes to a halt, the sight of the open casket and the figure residing within feeling like punch to the gut.

"Well Ae Ri... I guess it's time to say goodbye."
♠ ♠ ♠
So after having this sit in my notes for a little over a year, it's finally kicking off. I apologize in advance for any mistakes with spelling or tenses- I did a quick read through before posting this but I do have a tendency to miss things. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy!