Sequel: True Confessions

Lies 1-50

Club Vamp

"I'm home!" My brother Markus lived five hours away but he came home once or twice a month. It was a saturday and I was getting ready for my job at the bar when he walked in and was scooped up in our mother's arms.

"OH Markus! I'm so glad to see you!" her cologen lips spewed through fire red lipstick.Her hair was pulled back tightly so her forhead looked lifted and the wrinkles around her eyes were gone. She had a botox injection scheduled for later that same day. Saying that my mother was a millionaire was an understatement. She was a few thousand dollars close enough to being a billionaire and no one who met her would doubt that. She flaunted it enough. Hell, she stuffed her bra with $20's and let them all hang out. She lavished in being doted on and she had quite a few boyfriend's over every week. Just enough that if she got tired with one, a new one was already programmed on her speed dial. My mother was a 49-year-old whore. That's exactly why my father left her 12 years ago when I was ten.

She had just made her first million through her baby clothing company, Bells, and she celebrated by going out with her 20 year old secretary who was just a 'guy friend'. She was 37 at the time and had been married to my father for 20 years. 20 years, how old the 'guy friend' was. He was just being born when my mother was getting married, and he was only 2 when my brother was born. Eww.

"Hi mom. Oh. Hi Charlotte."

"Hi Markus."

I didn't exactly look 'sisterly' in the outfit I was wearing. I looked sort of skanky, it was my uniform. I had black boots on, a low cut black shirt with a v-neck, and a short red skirt that was slightly too tight. My makeup ws thick and my nails were a blood red color. But the club's name demanded the color mix, and I loved it.

"Charlotte, leave. You own me rent and you can't be wasteful with your time. Go."

"Yes Martha."

That was my mother's name, Martha, and I hated it. She wasn't deserving of a name like Martha. Especially when she looked like a Beatrice or SNAKE WOMAN.

I walked out of the house and hopped into my dirty car and drove to club Vamp. The club was pulsating with heat and a few people were covered in the fake blood we served with each drink. It tasted like sugar and went great with our margaritas.

Some people were really weird at that club. One boy came in every night, or so I was told by all the other girls who worked the club, who really thought he was a vampire and demanded extra blood. They thought that was weird because it was just sugar. They'd all figured it had something to do with impressing his friends.I'd never seen him though, and I had been working there for a few weeks.

That night, Vamp boy strolled in with a blonde girl lon his arm who was wearing fake fangs and had too many piercings in her face to count. "What can I get you?" I asked and grabbed a couple vials of the fake blood.

"Two Bloody Mary's, and I want extra blood."

I handed him two vials, and her one and gave them their drinks. They chugged them and then walked away, already fumbling. I watched as he poured the blood over her and licked it off of those gross piercings. A few is okay. A face full of metal is weird and disgusting. The music got louder and the DJ was hyping up the crowd as a band was waiting to play. All I knew is that they were hard rock and something new to listen to.Not even the owner kne the name

I waited with all those vampire wannabes until that band stepped out on stage and I spotted a familiar face. It was Levi and he was playing bass for my favorite band FallingThrough. I knew all their songs, but had never seen any of their faces because they weren't very popular and they were a club band. My friend recorded one of their gigs for me on her MP3 player and ever since then, I've loved them.

I sang every word, screamed every sentence, and devoured them until it was over. After, they all came down off the stage to get a drink and I smiled at Levi. "Remember me?"

"Charlotte! Hey! Guys, this is Charlotte. Charlotte this is my band, FallingThrough."

"I know! I love you guys!"

"You love us?"

"YES! My friend was at a club one night, and she recorded you for me on her MP3 player. I've been your biggest fan since then."

"Wow."

"Yeah wow. Drinks on me."

"Hey thanks. You're pretty awesome Charlotte."

"Yeah I am," I said with a smile. They all grinned back and then Levi asked,

"When do you get off?"

"Ten minutes."

"Cool. You want to come over to my place?"

"I'd love to."
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are getting good, don't you think? The next chapter will be all about Levi's place and the band. Thanks for reading this!