Sequel: True Confessions

Lies 1-50

MARTHA. Back. AGAIN.

I was trying to straighten my hair when Noah walked into the bathroom and handed me the telephone.

"Hello?"

"Hello."

"Uh... Who is this?"

"Who do you think it is?" A male voice said.

"Dad?" I asked.

"Noooooo sweetie. This is Seth."

Seth. Seth... I couldn't place the name in my head.

"Well Seth, I have to go. Don't call me sweetie.I'll talk to you later."

"No, wait. I was wondering if you'd like to go out some time."

Suddenly his voice registered in my brain.

"Look, if my mother put you up to this, I'm engaged."

"I KNEW IT!" A shrill voice screamed. It was annoying enough that I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Martha?" I asked. She had three way called me just to find out where I was. I didn't know how she got my phone number, probably off my dad. He still loved her, no matter what she had done to him.

"I'M GOING TO GET YOU!" She screamed in that voice again.

"Yeah yeah, and your little dog too, I know." I said with a roll of my eyes and I hung up the phone.

I turned the straightener on again and pulled at my hair. the phone started ringing again and I hit talk and then off again.

When my hair was finished I went to Levi's room and started painting the walls.

"Char? We're going out to see a place for a gig. Do you want to come?" Skinner asked.

"No, I've got to finish this."

"Oh come on. We're leaving to go on tour in a few weeks, we have to do a few gigs for some extra cash. We have a bus to pay for!"

"I know, but I have to finish this!"

"Alright," he grumbled.

I turned on my CD player and started singing along to the words. I was losing myself.

"Charlotte?" Noah's cool voice came through my ears.

"Yes Noah?"

"Come here. I have to show you something."

"What?" My feet carried me over to him and he kissed me.

"That."

We smiled and said goodbye.

I tied my hair up and took a look at the bare white walls. I picked up a paintbrush and dipped it in the black paint I was using. A checkerboard of white and black appeared smoothly and faded into a Black tree where red apples hung off of bare branches. One apple was dripping red and that's where I painted a puddle of blood and a boy with his head down, bleeding from his wrists. The miniature details took forever, but I was amazed at how quickly the paint fell off the brush. I was swaying lightly by the time the doorbell rang.

I walked to the front door with suspicion as to who it was. Two brutally large policemen were standing there waiting for me.

"Hello? What can I do for you?" I asked as I pulled the door open and a wave of hot air swept through the doorway.

"Charlotte Phillips?"

"Uh... Yeah?"

I wiped my paint covered hands on the old shirt I was wearing.

"Come with us."

I walked out to the police car in astonishment. Without getting into to much detail here, I was taken into custody and put in a holding cell.

I sat down, staring at my red Converse and pretending not to notice how awful it smelled in that holding cell.

They took some hairs and blood for drug testing and gave me one phone call. I called home, but had to leave a message.

Martha got there right after my call.

"Hello Charlotte. I see you've finally been put where you belong."

"Martha? This was your doing wasn't it?" I asked bitterly.

"Yes. Brilliant wasn't it? Even if they only keep you in here for a few hours, it gives us a chance to... talk."

"I don't want to talk to you."

Eventually the guys came and I was cleared. When I asked what they took me in for the police said they had gotten an anonymous tip about me doing drugs. I glared at Martha and with venom hissed, "There is nothing you can do about me getting married."

"Oh, we'll see about that." She said with a sly smile playing at her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo?

NATZ AND LIVY OWN THIS PART! [joint custody]

haha, you guys rule.

<3 for the readers and subscribers.