Sequel: True Confessions

Lies 1-50

They Never Understood.

"She's not worth your time! Look at her! She's SCUM!" Noah's brother Alex screamed.

"SHUT UP ALEX! At least I didn't get her pregnant and have to marry her after a one night stand, like with you and Tracey!"

Alex froze, I could hear it in the air. I was supposed to be in the bathroom, but I couldn't find it, and I came out ot ask where exactly it was. Alex's house was so big.

"SHUT UP!" Alex's voice suddenly boomed again.

"No! I love her! I care about her, and not about what you think! So there you go! Good-bye Alex!"

Noah stormed out of the room, and he was surprised to see me outside of the door.

"Charlotte... Come on, we're going."

"Nice to meet you Alex!" I called, just to make him feel guilty.

"Yeah, you too." He grumbled.

"Charlotte, did you hear anything Alex said?"

"No... Um what did he say?"

"Nothing." Noah rushed away from the conversation like it never happened. I guess I expected it though, he always had my best interests at heart.

I tapped my fingers on the dashboard and asked, "When's our next gig?"

"Tonight... I think. I'll have to check with Skinner."

"Okay. Are we going to play anything new?"

"No, we're just going to stick to our old set until you get the hang of Murder I Wrote."

"Alright."

His tone was sort of bored and his knuckles were white on the steering wheel.

"Noah?" I spit out the hushed whisper like I wasn't ready to disturb him, but I knew I had to.

"Yeah Charlotte?" He sighed for a long time.

"I heard."

"Oh."

"Listen... I love you. Thank you for that."

"You're welcome."

His eyes slipped off the road and fixated themselves onto my face. His teeth made an appearance as a blinding smile. Of course I smiled back.

Our fingers laced and his grip on the steering wheel loosened under his other hand. HIs eyes found the road again.

"I love you too," he said.

His thumb rubbed circles into my hand and he began to hum softly. It was "Murder I Wrote" our new song.

I hummed along too, trying to imagine my fingers on the guitar strings. I needed the real guitar in my hands though, to actually practice.

Suddenly his humming began to form words and he sang them without effort. Sometimes I wondered why he was the drummer and not the lead singer. Skinner was amazing, but he just couldn't hit the high notes as well as Noah could. Noah had a very beautiful vocal range.

"So you've got a smile on
What for?
He's not home.
YOU'RE ALL ALONE.
I guess that has to be good enough.

What's that you're hiding?
Behind you back.
Is that a knife I see?
DON'T PULL IT OUT ON ME.

He's done it again hasn't he?
CHEATED ON YOU.
I see your point then-"

He was cut off, his words broken by the piercing noise of a horn. There was no time to react, we were hit from the back and the car jumpped forward into traffic. I tightened my grip on his hand as another car collided with us from the front. The air bags deployed and smashed into our faces. Everything stopped after that. We were in a mass of metal that stunk of blood. When I looked around, I realized where it was coming from.

"Noah baby," I said as I put my bruising hands on his cheeks.

"What?" His eyes were wide and he was gasping for breath.

"Don't look... Okay? Just don't look."

He yanked my hands away and looked even against my protests.

"My... Oh my God."

His left foot was torn clean off and it was gushing blood.

"Someone call an ambulence!" I heard a man scream as he approached our car. "Are you okay?" He asked. Our windows were shattered.

"I'm fine." I said. My face was bruised from the air bag, but I didn't even feel it.

Noah passes out before I could say "I'm" though.

The man saw Noah and screamed, "WHERE'S IS THAT DAMN AMBULENCE!?"

"I CALLED FOR ONE!" A woman screamed back.

I looked at Noah's foot again, and my head fell back onto the seat. As I was fading out of consiousness, the man said, "I saw the whole thing. That was no accident. That guy drove into you on purpose."

"That's my brother in law... well he will be." I managed to say. Then everything turned black and I couldn't hear any more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda like this one...

HEY YOU!
Yeah you, the one reading this!
You own this part. 8D
Comments are appreciated! XD