Sequel: True Confessions

Lies 1-50

She's The Lucky One

I remembered what day it was a day too late. We were going to my sister's house that day, she was letting us stay free of charge because she loved me and she understood me.

She was the only one in our sick twisted family that did. Oh, my sister. She was so sweet with her long brown hair that curled slightly around her ears and her perfect marriage. I was so incredibly jealous when Frank slipped that ring on her finger. I was so angry.

"Charlotte!" She threw her arms around me and I felt her slip something into my pocket. She pulled back with a smile, it was our secret greeting.

"My sweet little Natalia!"

We giggled like we were young again, hiding in the clost while Markus looked for us. He always smelled like smoke, he was always with the babysitter. She smoked like it was going out of style, it made her features relax and she always fell asleep watching Judge Judy on our television. He was her servant, we were the whiny kids she pushed into the back room to play.

"HEY! I am not little!"

"I know. I missed you!"

"I missed you too." She looked over my shoulder at the boys and I turned around and introduced her.

Skinner was on the phone with Molly, she'd called to ask how he was doing. She still hadn't told him about Dan.

"And this is Noah." I said, pointing him out last.

"Well hello Noah. So you're the boy who's called dibs on my sister's ring finger. Speaking of which, let me see it."

I held out my hand and that's when I realized Frank was no where to be seen.

"Natz, where's Frank?"

"Oh him? I thought for sure mom would have told... Oh you aren't talking to mom, right. He left me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's fine." She sighed. "We stopped loving each other."

"Oh."

She dropped my hand and we all followed her into the kitchen where she had food spread out all over the counter. "Do you guys want to help me set the table?" She asked.

"Sure."

Skinner told Molly he had to go without an 'I love you' and I sort of felt bad for her. "Sorry, that was my girlfriend Molly. Charlotte, she says hi."

"Tell her I said hi the next time you talk."

Natz gave them dishes to take to the dining room and she waited until they were gone to grab my wrist and say, "Noah's really sweet, I can tell. Don't let him go."

I smiled. "I never even considered it."

We all sat down for dinner and Skinner said close to my ear while Natz was busy talking with Levi, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"About Dan. About Molly, I mean."

"I didn't know you didn't know." I lied through my teeth. "Did she tell you?"

"Yeah. She told me. What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know. It's your kid. Deal with it how you think you should be dealt with."

"Thanks, that helps." He snorted and stormed off.

I took Noah to the side later that night and said, "Hey Noah, did you know Skinner has a kid?"

"No."

"Oh well, he does."

"Thanks for just throwing that at me."

"No problem."

"CHARLOTTEEEEEE!" Natz screamed.

"WHAAAAAAAT?"

"Come with me."

"Why?"

"I've got to go to the store. Come with me, I need food!"

"But you just ate."

"I know silly, I mean I need to buy food." She rolled her eyes as if that made sense.

"Yeah, alright. Bye Noah."

"Bye Levi! Bye everyone else!"

"BYE!" They all screamed in our faces. It was funny becasue at that exact moment, Levi and Skinner ran past us, Levi screaming, "NO!!! DON'T TICKLE ME!"

Natz and I walked out and she smiled at me. "Well aren't we one to have a sugar coated life?"

"What do yoyu mean?" I asked.

"You Little Miss Lucky have a really good life with those guys. Levi's a sweetie. Noah's great for you. Skinner... well he's just Skinner."

I laughed a little. "I know I'm lucky."

And it's true, because I did know. I was, for once in my life, lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, Happy Birthday Natz! You have sole ownership of this part.

So, how does it feel to be 16, eh?

Hehe, I hope you liked your part! Sorry it wasn't SUPER long or anything, but I think I love it! And obviously your character will have more part in Charlotte's life now.

So there it is. Yeah. =D