Sequel: True Confessions

Lies 1-50

Building A Mystery

I rubbed the bruise on my face where Martha had hit me. It was painful and my eye was slightly swolen. Plus my vision in that eye was gone. A cream that I found in the bathroom just barely covered it, but I was close to being late for work because I had taken a nap, and it would have to do.

I sighed. Life wasn't very fair. My 30 year old brother was downstairs being treated like a baby, my 26 year old sister was in college, and I was stuck working my ass off for a room to live in.

"I'm going," I huffed as I walked passed the living room. They didn't even bother to look up.

The coffee shop was almost empty, a few scattered people lounging their minds in far away lands with all the free time in the world. I was just the girl who waited on them, who fed them the caffeene that ate holes through their brains.

I leaned against the counter and let my eyes roll slightly as I thought about things that always led me back to Alexander. But I can't talk about that. About...him. I lost myself in that job, and I could never remember what I did while there.

Levi came to get me at exactly 9 and he handed me a daisy. "How creative," I remarked with a smile and followed him out to his car. He opened the door for me and I slid onto the seat.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"I don't know. Do you want to ditch the party?"

"Yeah. I'm kind of bummed anyway."

"Why?"

"I was thinking... that's all."

"Oh. What happened to your eye?"

"Uh... My mother hit me."

I wondered about saying that. I wasn't normally so open with people. Then a stale silence formed over us like old crust on bread. Crust eventually has to crumble though.

"We barely know each other. Tell me about yourself," I say.

"I'm a vegetarian. I'm bi. I'm RANDOM. I'm also very purpley."

"Hey, me too. Except the bi thing. I'm straight."

"Cool."

"Very."

"Let's listen to some music. Do you like Flyleaf?"

"Like? I flipping love them! Put it on hun."

"Hun?"

"I call everyone hun. Get used to it."

He smiled and laughed loosely while pusheing the CD into the dash.

"I will break into your thoughts with what's written on my heart. I will BREAK!" we sang along, me doing the high pitched vocals very well, him doing the awesome screaming. By the time we got to his house, we had sung along to half of the CD, laughed at each other's facial expressions, and learned how to annoy the other.

Drake greeted us first by jumping on me from behind while I was walking up the driveway. Noah followed. That resulted in a huge, sweaty, smelly hug. Then there was Skinner, who jumped on top of me also, and my face hit the ground hard. My eyes teared up, and Levi freaked out on them. When I stood up, with the help of Drake, my face was cut, my tears were washing away the blood, and the cream I had wiped on earlier had somehow come off and spread like whipped cream all over the ground. How ,I don't know. I thought it was supposed to stay on. Maybe it was the tears.

"What... How did that happen?" Drake asked.

"Her mother," Levi filled them in. Noah looked mad suddenly.

"How could she do that to you?" He roared. "DRIVE ME OVER THERE, I'LL KILL HER!"

"Whoa, calm down," I said with a smile and fading tears, "Since when are you guys my friends?"

"Since yesterday. You're now part of our family, those greetings were your initiation. We decided to let you in last night. Noah is the vampire who prtects our family. Levi's the wolf who eats the remains of people Noah kills. I'm the clown. Drake is the gazelle," Skinner said with a smirk on his face.

"Why is he the gazelle?" I asked with a laugh.

"Pansy boy is good bait."

I hunched over with laughter and they grabbed my arms and picked me up. Then I was carried into the house where I regained my composure.

"Sorry, Drake. They're hysterical."

"Oh yeah. Hahaha. FUUUNNY"

"Want to play Ouija Board?" Skinner asked, changing the subject.

"Yes."

We gathered around in a circle and took out the board and the Guider.

"You first, newbie."

I grabbed the Guider and asked my first question. "How old am I?"It answered correctly. Then I asked a mental question, and my answer was "18."

"What the hell?" Drake asked when he saw it move to 1 and 8.

"I asked a mental question. Drake, your turn."

"You can do that? Okay then..."

He took the Guider and asked a mental question. It moved to 1. "Dammit."

He threw it at Skinner who said, "Do I love myself too much?"

It moved to yes.

Then It was Noah's turn. "Will I ever be loved?" His voice was soft. Warm.

The Guider moved over the yes slowly.

Levi rejected his turn and it was my turn again.

"Is Alexander okay?" I asked.

It moved over the yes. My eyes stung with new tears and I asked a second question. "Will I ever be loved again?"

The Guider had a spaz attack then. It raced all over the board, our hands quick to catch up to it, and finally stopped in the dead center of the board. It was pointing to Noah.

It wouldn't move after that. We even tried switching spirits, but to no result. The board just died that night. It refused to be asked anything else, so we tucked it away under Noah's bed.

He drove me home because the rest of them got wasted.

"Noah?"

"Yeah."

His tiny car sputtered in my driveway.

"Thanks for the ride."

I couldn't bring myself to ask if he was thinking the same thing I was.

"Yeah. No problem."

I hopped out of the car and escaped a beating for just that once.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was sort of a filler type thing... Sort of. Details were important, so I hope you paid attention.

By The WAY- I call it the Guider. Some people call it other things, like the Messenger, or the Seeker.