Sequel: True Confessions

Lies 1-50

Turbulence.

'Knock knock knock.'

The noise shook me into reality. How long had I been lying there, I wondered. Blood was hard around my nose and my arms were swollen and blue.

'Knock. Knock. Knock.' There was that annoying noise again. What was it?

"Charlotte? Charlotte are you there?" His voice came through the door almost noiselessly.

"Yeah," I choked on some blood that had clotted in my mouth, "Hold on, I'll be right there."

I pulled myself up through the pain and pulled open the front door with a huge effort. My arms were pulsating with pain. So was my stomach. I walked quickly to the bathroom and called behind me for him to sit down. I waited to hear the couch creak with violent protest before I paced down the hall as sluggishly as I felt.

In the bathroom I hacked up some blood, washed my face, and pulled out a new shirt from behind the sink where I always kept a spare. I called it my 'Conservative Shirt' because it was long-sleeved and had a collar. It was red and silky so it was still attractive, but I only wore it after one of the beatings my brother or mother gave me. My sister still loved me.

In the living room, Noah threw his arms dramatically around me and I flinched reflexively. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"Are you sure? You realize you were late for our date, that's why I came over."

"Oh really? I... lost track of time." It was because my face was mopping the floor, but I wasn't going to tell him that. Had I really been out for that long?

"No. Tell me what happened. Was it your mother again? I'll kill her."

"It wasn't my mother. Honestly."

And I wasn't going to tell him it was my brother either.

"Alright, I trust you. Do you want to come over now? The guys wanted me to ask you if you wanted to watch us practice."

"Great!" My mood changed quickly though and I asked, "Do you think I could stay over again tonight?"

"Sure. My couch is always free." He smiled and took my hand. I led him up to my room and started packing a few things that I was going to need.

"Thanks Noah."

"Yeah, no problem. We wrote a new song, I want you to be the first to hear it."

"Really? What's it called?"

"Turbulence."

"Rad. I can't wait to hear it."

We took the long way over. It was dark and there was no sound around us but wind grasping at our windows.

"Charlotte?"

"Yeah Noah?"

"How about we go out for dinner after practice?"

"Sure."

My back hurt too and the seat was killing me. I was happy when we finally managed to get there. The band was set up in the kitchen of all places. Skinner told me it was because he like to eat between songs when he practiced.

I sat down and Noah said into the microphone, " This is for Charlotte. Turbulence."

I smiled stupidly and Skinner rolled his eyes and started to sing,

'She was the world.
The green. The BLUE.
To him.
Then a secret UNFOLDED UNDER HIS EYES.

At Night she CRIED.
WAITING FOR HER PRINCE CHARMING.
AND WAITING TO BE DEAAAAAAAD.

Suddenly she wasn't green.
She was Black.
And Blue.
With scars.
And SCRAPES.

At night she SCRRRRRRRRREAMED.
Begging for it to stop.
WAITING TO BE KILLED.

Mama please.
She begged.
Brother please.
She cried.
Sister PLEASE!

At night she bled.
Begging to be dead.
Begging to be dead...'

And that was the end of their song. Noah came over and I gave him a smile. "That was great." Tears were forming in my eyes.

"I know that wasn't the most romantic song or anything... Charlotte? What's wrong?"

I didn't want to start hyperventilating so I took a deep breath and lied to him with a 'nothing.'

The second lie that night. How do I build a relationship on lies when the foundation will more than surely crumble?

"Don't lie to me."

He saw right through it, so I rolled up my sleeves and showed him the blue. He gently ran his fingers over them and said with a serious tone, "You've got to go to the hospital."

"No. No, I can't. They'd tell her and I'd have no where to stay. Please don't make me."

"YOU COULD STAY HERE!" Levi said hyperly.

"YESYES!" Skinner agreed. Then I noticed how many pixtystix they both had in their hands.

"Says the boys who are hopped up on sugar."

I wiped my tears and replied bluntly, "No. I could never do that to you guys."

"Do that to us? We offered." Drake said out of nowhere.

"No."

"Don't say no. Say you'll think about it tonight and we'll go over tomorrow if you change your mind."

"Alright."

I yawned and Noah said, "Go take a shower. Relax. I'll be in to bed in a few minutes, we just want to go over a few songs."

"Okay."

The shower was warm and it soothed my arms and back. I washed quickly and got dressed. I climbed into bed and let the sheets absorb. Music from the kitchen flooded my ears and soon my brain haulted and feel into sleep mode.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is dedicated to natzlovesyou, my fiirst subscriber! Feel loved.