Status: Complete

I remember

Remember Me

When I was little my dad would tell me that some day someone would come into my life and change everything. I didn't believe him at first, that is until I met Jack. He did exactly what my dad said would happen, he changed my life, but in a good way. He was there for me when my dad committed suicide, and when my mom started doing drugs and drinking all the time. He took me to my first prom and homecoming dance. Jack was the most likable person I had ever met. Everyone loved him. Jack was a straight A student, played football and baseball, he was kind, sweet, caring, and everything my dad would want my boyfriend to be. Then when my dad died and I was having trouble with friends, family, school, and life, Jack was there. He always was and always will be.

After our Jr. year in school, Jack was majorly depressed and wasn't letting anyone help him. He even pushed me away. Then he ended up in the hospital from a drug over dose. And when I came into see him at the hospital his last words to me were "I will always love you, no matter what, don't forget all the good times we had. But most importantly always try to remember me. Okay?" Those were the last words I ever heard him say to me. And that was the last time I ever saw him.

At the funeral, I stood up and said "I remember how much Jack loved and cared about everyone and everything, plus life in general. He loved life. Jack was the most loving person I ever knew and I know he would want me to moved on, but his last words to me were to never forget him. I promised myself that I would never forget him or the good memories we shared. He will always be with me and he will carry my heart with him no matter where Heaven takes him. I will always and forever love him."

The first couple years, after Jack's dead and funeral, were the hardest years I had gone through, besides when my dad died. After the funeral for Jack I went on a drinking binge and tried to get wasted enough to forget, but every time I would get even close to being wasted I would remember Jack's smile and I would remember how he would hug me and say I love you. After a while I quit drinking and every year on the day that Jack and I started dating I would go put fresh flowers on his grave and then would go to our spot under the willow tree that my dad had planted when he was little. And I would just sit there thinking about Jack and my dad.

The year Jack died was the hardest, but I never did forget about him or the memories we had.

******THE END******