Status: active

Let's Be Alone Together

Down To A Science

I was skeptical as I slowly approached the nearly condemned house. Deaton had told me about the fire when I arrived this morning but I couldn't have imagined this much damage. The fire was actually all he told me about and judging by his face when I asked about Laura, there was a lot I needed to know.

I stood outside the front door for nearly an hour. Marveling at the once beautiful house and listening to the unfamiliar voices coming from inside. I had lost myself in my own thoughts when the door swung open, revealing two boys I had never seen before.

"Um, hi?" The darker, curly haired one spoke softly, curiously eyeing me up and down

"Is Derek here?" I blurted out. The bus ride from Seattle was long and draining, I had no more patience for strangers at this point.

"Are you..." The other boy spoke "a Hale? Another Hale? Jesus, you guys just keep popping out of the woodwork don't ya?"

"I'm not" I shook my head, stifling a giggle "but they are-- were a big family"

"Stiles" he introduced himself and pointed a finger at his friend "that's Scott"

"Eva" I mumbled and gently pushed past the boys into the house. It was just as bad inside and it still took me by surprise. This wasn't how I remembered the Hale house and my mind was reeling with what I could have missed in the past 10 years

"Derek?" I called out, my voice echoing off the bare walls

"He's not here, he has a place in tow-" Stiles began before Scott interrupted

"How do you know Derek?" He asked, never taking his eyes off of me. He seemed defensive, which meant he had probably gotten a whiff of me

"We grew up together" I tried to explain "and...it's just very important that I see him, please"

Scott held my gaze for what seemed like minutes, obvious listening to my heartbeat to pick up if I was lying or not.

"Look, I've spent far too long on a bus to get here and walked at least thirty minutes in the rain to get to this house" I snapped "I know what you are, you know I'm the same. Which means if my intentions were bad I at least would have killed your friend by now"

Scott continued to stare at me before nodding quickly and turning around, "He's staying at a loft in town. We can give you ride"

"What? We're going to give a ride to some chick who just threatened to kill me?" Stiles raised his voice as I followed them outside

"Like she said, if she wanted to she would've done it by now" He shrugged

"Right, how thoughtful" he rolled his eyes as he turned to look at me in the backseat "You sure you're not a Hale? You've got that whole menacing-stare thing down to a science"

"I'm sure" I smirked "Now can we hurry, please?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sweet? Next chapter will come soon. Just needs a little fine tuning.