Status: active

Let's Be Alone Together

Reunion

"Is something wrong?" Stiles asked, staring at me through his rearview window. I took note that it was different from the wary looks Scott had been giving me all night, if anything Stiles looked…concerned?

"Yeah" I nodded, "it's just been a long day"

"So you grew up with Derek, huh? What was that like?"

"We were just kids back then" I shrugged "from what Deaton has told me he's grown up quite a bit since the last time I saw him"

"You know Deaton?" Scott spoke up as we pulled into the parking lot

I simply nodded as I jumped out of the car, quickly making my way inside. It wasn't exactly what I had imagined when Scott said he had a loft in town, this was clearly an abandoned building. I began to wonder what would make Derek live in a place like this, had I really missed that much?
I blindly led the group down the hall until I saw a stream of light coming out of an open doorway. I was quiet as I entered the dimly lit loft, aware that Derek may not even remember me and even if he had, would I be welcomed? I could hear his and an unfamiliar voice close by and as I rounded the corner I stopped in my tracks as my eyes fell on who I registered as a quite grown up Derek Hale. I could see him slowly recognize who I was and for a few brief seconds I saw his eyes light up

"Eva?" he spoke softly, quickly pulling me into his arms, "I can't believe it's you! Do your parents know you're…", He slowly pulled away from me, his face turning hard "Your parents never wanted you in Beacon Hills"

"I know" I nodded, my eyes darting to the grown as I fought back tears

"Where are they, Eva? Where are your parents?" his tone was urgent

"Derek…" I sighed, finally meeting his eyes. I couldn't bring myself to say it and I was suddenly more aware of the fact that Scott and Stiles were in the room, along with the blonde boy in the corner that I had yet to meet.
He turned away from me quickly and began pacing the room, he knew exactly what I couldn't say.

"Did Deaton help you get down here?" he finally spoke up, I simply nodded "You can stay here with us then, you c--"

"Us?" I questioned

"Hey roomie" the blonde boy finally spoke up "Isaac"

"Eva" I nodded towards him

"You still in school?" Derek asked

"I should be starting my senior year"

"The guys will get you registered at the high school" he nodded, seeming to still be in thought "I have to go see Deaton about something. Make yourself at home" he mumbled before quickly exiting the loft

________________________________________________________

"You know, Isaac's parents are dead too" Stiles' voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I looked up at him curiously

"Oh, um…okay?"

"I don't mean-- Sorry, that was a bad ice breaker" he sighed, taking a seat beside me on the floor

Derek had been gone for a few hours by now. Stiles and Scott were staying to keep us company but I just wasn't in the mood to get to know everyone just yet. It seemed like everything had happened so fast and now that I was safely in Beacon Hills the loss of my parents was finally setting in.

"It's fine" I assured him

"It's just you've been sitting here for a while. I figured maybe you'd want to talk to somebody?"

"I appreciate it, Stiles, but--"

"I really think it would help" he insisted "you don't have to tell me how they died, just tell me about them. Who do you look more like?"

"My mom…but people always said I have my dad's eyes. His eyes were just brown, I don't think there's anything special about brown eyes, but they were big. 'Eyes the size of the moon', my mom used to say"

"I can see that" he commented with a laugh "You have great eyes"

"Thanks" I smiled, feeling my cheeks blush a bit "Tell me something, Stiles?"

"Anything" he grinned

"How'd you get involved with all these werewolves? You're not one of us, but you seem almost…comfortable with all of it"

"I adapted" he shrugged "Scott's my best friend, plus you guys aren't so bad… at least when you're not threatening to kill me"

"Sorry about that" I giggled "I was little on edge back there"

"Water under the bridge, just don't make it a habit" he joked

"I'll do my best"
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapters will be a bit more fun since I'll be developing the relationships more. But I wanted to explain Eva's return to Beacon Hills since it'll matter later on. Thanks for reading! :)