Status: active

Let's Be Alone Together

Worth A Shot

"Where's Isaac?" I wandered out loud as I made my way into the kitchen the next morning

"Don't worry about it" Derek mumbled quickly "You need a ride to school? I'm heading out"

"Stiles is gonna pick me up" I shook my head and took a seat at the table, still feeling Derek's eyes on me "What is it?"

"Stiles?" he stopped and stared at me "You guys have been hanging out?"

"I guess you aren't the only one that's been sneaking around and keeping secrets" I shrugged, throwing my backpack over my shoulder

"I'm keeping you safe"

"With all due respect, I'm stronger and faster than any of the pack members you have running around right now" I spoke sternly, meeting Derek's gaze. We both turned towards the window as Stiles announced his arrival by honking the horn of his jeep.

"Your ride is here" he rolled his eyes, turning away from me
I don't know why it bothered me so much that he was keeping something from me. Maybe I wanted to prove that I wasn't a helpless little girl anymore. We were raised the same, trained to use our abilities since we were kids. It infuriated me that he thought he had to keep me in the dark. Who cares if he's an alpha? He's not my alpha.
I hurried out the door and shoved past Derek with all my might, throwing him against the wall. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him try to compose himself.

"Have a nice day" I smirked as I hurried down the hall and out the door towards the jeep.

------------------------------------------

The first half of my day went without incident. In fact, for a while I started to feel bad about the attitude I gave Derek this morning. Whatever it was, he probably had it under control. I mean, if he really needed help he'd just ask... Right?
Wrong. Very, very wrong. I knew something was up when I first heard the sirens during my trigonometry class. I had gotten used to tuning out any sounds that were far off, that meant the sirens had to be coming towards the school.
Fast forward through a classroom full of dead birds, being dragged out of school by Stiles while he gave a hurried and brief explanation of what was going on and here I was... brooding in a corner of the loft while the boys were having a hushed conversation with Derek across the room

"Is she okay?" I heard Scott whisper to Derek

"You guys have known Eva for a week, so you may not know yet that she can hold a grudge for a very long time"

"What'd you do?"

"I thought keeping her in the dark about the alpha pack would keep her safe. As you can see, she disagrees" he sighed, glancing my way. I had been glaring at him since I arrived with the guys, pissed off about everything he kept from me.

"She's this mad over a lie?" Stiles spoke up

"This is the same pack that killed her parents. I failed to let her know that they were in town"

"Oh... well then I'm surprised she hasn't kicked your ass yet" Stiles smirked, receiving a glare from Derek

"Do you think if you stare at him long enough you'll burn a hole through his skull?" Isaac leaned over and asked, a small smile playing on his lips

"Not something werewolves are capable of, but worth a shot" I shrugged "How are you feeling?"

"Not great, but better. Derek says my insides are still healing"

"That's good, I'm glad" I forced a smile before quickly turning to face him "Look, it makes me really angry that I didn't know you were taken. That's not how Derek and I were raised, if one of our own is in danger then we help them. If I had known I would ha--"

"If you had known not much would've been different. It would have been you getting nearly killed in an elevator instead of Scott"

"I guess so" I sighed, crossing my arms and resuming my work on trying to burn a hole through Derek's skull