Status: Rewriting

Success Will Be Waiting

Hardwork & dedication

I came home frustrated from training. I slammed the door, and it made Brooklyn scream like a little girl. I held back a huge laugh to keep all seriousness on my expression. "What's wrong?" Brooklyn said as he rushed to the door and kissed me gently. "I hate my team. I hate Tata. I hate the world." I hissed. "I just want to go back to my old life but stupid FIFA thought it was so smart to bring a little girl onto a professional men's team! Now how stupid is that!" Brooklyn didn't disagree, nor did he agree. "What happened?" he asked with worry all over his face. "The team's giving me a hard time, Tata is making fun of me, and the lovely fans attacked me after practice." I said as I threw my empty training bag on the floor since the crowd that attacked me stole everything out of it. I showed Brooklyn my ripped up shirt and he noticed how I only came home with one shoe. "I'm going to kill those people if I ever see them come near you ever again." Brooklyn said as he helped me onto the couch. I was completely out of breathe since I ran for a very long time and my leg was bleeding. "The police also got involved. If it weren't for the cops, then that crowd would've eaten me!" Brooklyn shook his head. "From now on, I'm coming with you wherever you go until I leave back to England." He said. I counted down the days until he leaves in my head, and it only left me with 7 more days until solitude and no more protection. I nodded, but I didn't want to scare him off. My world is so complicated right now that I'm even scared of it.

Andrew came by, just to check if I'm alright. He greeted Brooklyn, as he was happy to see that we made something that was supposed to turn out fake into something real. Then he rushed over to me to check if I was alright. "It's all over the news... Are you okay? These fans are absolutely crazy." Andrew said as he took a look at my bandaged leg and my bruised arm. Concern was all over his face. "Andrew, I don't think I can do this anymore. But I guess I'll just have to wait 5 more years until the contract expires." I sighed. Brooklyn came into the room and handed Andrew a drink, and sat beside me with his arm around my back. My exhausted body suddenly felt relaxed at his touch, and I rested my head on his shoulder. "There surely is a way out of it, isn't there? Just look at the copies of your contract, maybe there's some way." Brooklyn suggested. I lit up at his words. There's (almost) always a way out of a contract, even if there's a price to pay. I ordered Brooklyn to get the copies from my desk in my room. He soon came back with a bunch of papers. "I'd don't know which ones the contract?" He said confused. I laughed. "With a deal like this, there has to be this many papers. I'm a female playing on a bloody men's football team!" He handed me the papers, as Andrew, Brooklyn and I looked through them carefully.

"I found it!" I exclaimed after almost an hour of searching through the papers. Andrew and Brooklyn scrambled to their feet and tried to get a hold of the paper. "But... I have to pay €100 million." I said as my jaw dropped. "I don't remember discussing this with them!" The two men scanned the paper carefully. "It's FIFA, they'll always be hiding things from you." Brooklyn explained. Once I started to process everything, I knew that even if there was a easy way out, I still wouldn't give up. "This is something that no one on this earth could've gotten. But I did. I want to prove everyone wrong. I'm not a laughing stock, I'm a footballer." I said and quickly left the door.

I arrived at the empty training field. It's been hours since everyone left, but I wanted to train. I wanted to train properly. No distractions, no anger, no problems. I started doing several drills with the equipment I found for hours. Sweat dripped down my skin and fell onto the turf. I was exhausted, but I didn't want to stop, I couldn't stop. I had determination in my eyes. I will not sleep, eat or rest until I've finally had enough. "You better slow down, you'll hurt yourself." I heard a voice behind me say, almost making me want to scream in frustration as to why someone would interrupt what I'm doing. I was ready to yell at whoever was there, but once I turned around and saw that it was Tata, I immediately sealed my mouth shut. "Extra training, I see?" He said. All I did was nod. I don't want to say anything I'll regret, especially to my coach. "Go home." He said strictly. This time, I didn't nod. "I came here to be better. To prove everyone wrong. Please don't stop me." He came a few steps closer and whispered "go home." I flinched as I was uncomfortable at how close he was, but I stood still, I didn't move an inch. "Go home." He said once again, but this time security appeared behind him. They took me off the field and led me out of the training stadium. I looked back at Tata. He mouthed 'go home' to me, and walked away. A shiver went down my back at how scary he is, I wish he weren't my coach.

My house was empty, both Brooklyn and Andrew have dissapeared. I picked up my phone that I have forgotten at home and first tried calling Brooklyn. "Aden?! Where the hell are you?" Brooklyn answered after the first ring. "I'm home now. Where are you?" I asked. "I went looking for you. Andrew had to leave, so I don't know how to come back to your house... I'm near a really big white fountain." I laughed for a few seconds. "I know where that is, I'll come get you." I said and called my driver to bring the car around and go to the location of where Brooklyn is lost.

Brooklyn came in the car. He was freezing cold. I handed over my jacket. "Why are nights in Barcelona so cold?" Brooklyn asked as he shivered. He carassed me in his arms and kissed me lightly. "I'm glad you're safe. Where'd you go?" I sighed, he'll think I'm pathetic and child once I tell him what I've been doing. I explained everything to him, my training, Tata being creepy. "I need to prove the world wrong, Brooklyn. It seems as if Tata doesn't want that." Brooklyn played with my hair as he listened until we got home. "It's okay. I believe in you." He kissed my forehead. "I want you to prove them wrong."