Status: Complete

Fifteen Minutes Late to Starbucks

Fifteen Minutes Late to Starbucks

Sighing, I glance down at my watch. 3:17.
He's almost twenty minutes late. I've been in this Starbucks booth for what seems like forever, taking small sips from my coffee and watching his untouched cappuccino grow cold.
It's probably just the traffic. Toronto traffic is usually hell. Yeah, that's probably it.
I haven't seen Elliott in months due to his band's latest tour, and I'd be flat out lying if I said I hardly missed him. The nightly skypes and phone calls from hotel rooms hundreds of miles away just can't soothe the desire to feel our fingers intertwined. The short texts- no matter how freaking adorable- just can't make up for the lonely days that I spend watching movies alone, attempting to ignore the empty space in the sofa beside me.
Glumly, I stir my coffee and stare impatiently out the window to my left.
The sky is grey and forbidding, and scattered raindrops are beginning to fall. As the steadiness of the rain increases, the pedestrians outside decrease in equal proportion. Cars and trucks and busses all rush to their destinations through the busy streets just outside.
I momentarily zone out to the steady drumming of the rain on the roof and the monotone drone of people talking and laughing throughout the room, and am only brought back to my senses when I feel a warm hand grip my shoulder.
My eyes dart upward to the figure beside me.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, the traffic was awful."

And the next thing I know, I'm wrapped in Elliott's arms, hugging him so tightly I doubt I'll ever let go.

We pull apart just enough that we can look into each other's eyes, and I notice the tears just barely visible in the familiar blue eyes in front of me.

"I missed you so much," my lips just barely remember how to work, "It's been so freaking lonely without you."

He smiles and tightens his grip on my waist before whispering, "I've missed you so bad. I promise I won't be leaving again for a while. I've missed you too much."

I lean in closer and gently press our lips together before pulling back, because, lets face it, nobody in Starbucks probably wants to watch a random couple making out beside them as they try to enjoy their overpriced bagel.

Obviously Elliott doesn't feel the same way because he pulls me back towards him and reconnects our lips, hands moving to lightly grip my face. In response, my hands move to his forearms as his lips brush carefully over mine. The kiss lingers for a few more moments in which we are both blissfully unaware of the world around us. All I notice is the taste of his lips, the rhythm of his breaths, and the way his hands slowly fall from my face to instead grip my waist as he regretfully pulls away.

We're siting across from each other in the booth, sipping the fresh drinks that Elliott bought, and laughing at each other's stupid jokes. Under the table, his right hand is holding my left one, stroking my fingers and lacing our hands together in the absentminded way I know so well.

"-And it turns out the venue was literally on the exact same street as the hotel in the first place! We drove around the entire city for no reason," he finishes his story with a laugh.
I grin in response and glance down at my nearly empty coffee.
A few moments of silence pass, and I questioningly look back up at my boyfriend.
Resting his chin on his hand, Elliott stares back at me, a soft smile on his lips.
"I'm so lucky to have you," he smiles.
"I'm pretty sure I'm the lucky one," I laugh in response.
"I really missed you a lot, y'know.. Even seeing you on Skype and everything never could make up for the emptiness I felt as soon as you logged off. I've been dying to see you again.. To hug you and kiss you.."
Without warning, he suddenly leans across the table and presses his lips against mine. My hands find their way to his head, and gently entangle themselves into his messy, blonde hair, pulling him closer if that's even possible. His fingers gently grace my cheek before he pulls away.
Laughing breathlessly I raise my eyebrow, "What was that for?"
"Just 'cause I love you a lot. And you look really freaking adorable. And I love you." He flashes his familiar lopsided grin.
I reach across the table and lock our fingers together, "I love you too, Elliott."
Swiftly, he lifts our entwined hands up to his lips and softly kisses the top of my hand, peeking up at me as he lowers them back down again.
"How about we go back to my apartment? Watch a movie or two? Order some pizza? Cuddle for a couple hours?" I smile at him, since movie nights have been his favourite thing since forever.
"If by a couple hours, you mean days, then I'm game," he smirks.
And together we left the Starbucks hand in hand, no longer lonely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sup
Cute fluffy stories are not my speciality, but this was really fun to write! I hope you enjoyed it!
I also have a Tumblr which I totally think you should check out for bands, other bands, and more than likely some Elliott.

Thanks for reading!!
Comments are wonderful!

xo Alex