Status: First GA story...Incomplete

Our Ghost Adventures

Hospital

“You ready?” Zak asked me as they sat in the car outside of the abandoned hospital.

“Yes,” I stole one last look in the mirror, making sure that I looked at least presentable.

“Good,” we got out of the car and walked over the nerve center. Nerve center was just a tent where all of the computers and tech equipment was. Billy and Jay would be staying in here while the rest of us were inside. “Jay, this is Adrina, Adrina this is Jay our new audio tech.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said.

“Same here,” he seemed quiet, much like Billy in that sense. Zak did a run through as to what we would be doing tonight—for the first part of the night he and I were going to go through A Wing while Nick and Aaron when through B Wing. We would all meet back up a later and discuss our findings.

“C’mon, we’ve got an investigation to do!” Zak was excited, I could tell. I, on the other hand was nervous. I knew I shouldn’t be, I had done dozens of investigations this one wouldn’t be any different. I followed Zak into the hospital and we all stopped in the front entry way. “Okay, time to go dark, switch your cameras to night vision,” he instructed. We all did and officially began our lockdown. I filmed all around me as we walked through A Wing. When Zak began to speak, I pointed the camera at him. “This is where dozens of people have seen an apparition of a little girl in a white gown and screams are always—”

“Shh…did you hear that?” I asked. I had just heard a female voice scream.

“I did,” Zak said, pulling out the spirit box. “Whoever just screamed, can you do it again?” he asked. We didn’t get anything through the box.

“Do you think it was just residual, maybe?” It would make sense.

“Maybe,” he replied. Granted that neither of us felt anything in the way of spiritual energy, we continued on through the hospital. We walked around for over an hour and didn’t find a thing. I was a little surprised, but it happened. We soon made our way into what used to be the maternity ward.

“Is this why you picked A Wing for us?” I asked him.

“Yeah, kinda…There were mothers here giving birth here when Oliver Whitmore came in…I thought they may connect with you or even me better.”

“In case any of you don’t know,” I turned the camera to face me. “Zak and I just had a daughter and that’s why this theory makes sense.” And if you ask me, his theory was correct, as soon as we walked into one of the rooms, a blast of cold air hit me. “Do you have an EMF detector on you?” I asked. Zak handed me one and I checked the temperature in front of me—given that I was walking in first. “I’m at 55 degrees right here,” I turned and got a reading in front of Zak. “It’s 67 right here…” I walked over the threshold and into the room. Zak turned on the spirit box and I took that as a sign. “Is there somebody in here with us?” We both heard what sounded like a cry or a whine from a woman.

“Were you a mother in here, giving birth?” Zak asked.

“Girl…” the box said.

“Did you have a little girl?” Zak asked. “What was her name?”

“Alicia Marie.”

“That’s a beautiful name,” I said, tears welling up in my eyes. I felt for this woman…I couldn’t imagine if somebody came in right after I had given birth to Lorelei and just shot and killed us. I felt Zak reach over and grab my hand.

“What’s your name, sweetie?”

“Carmen.”

“I’m Adrina and this is Zak; it’s nice to meet you Carmen. I’m so sorry that this happened to you—but you need to find the light and move on,” I wanted to help Carmen some how. I didn’t need to hear the spirit box to hear what Carmen said next. It was clear and so pronounced.

“Love Alicia Marie…” And then, her presence was gone. Was she asking me to tell Alicia Marie that she loved her? Did her daughter some how survive that day? I was going to do some research as soon as I got the chance, that was for sure.

“Are you alright?” Zak asked me gently.

“I—I don’t know. That was…a lot. I could hear so much pain in her voice when she said that she loved Alicia Marie…” He paused for a moment.

“When did she say that?”

“What do you mean? Just now, right before her presence disappeared. I heard her, how did you not hear that? It was so clear, it was like she was you or me, she was right here and she said it! I don’t understand.”

“Maybe she was just talking to you,” he said. “Why don’t you go on out to nerve center with Billy and Jay for a while, you seem shook up. I’ll be out in about an hour.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, and then if you want you can come back in…”

“Okay, thank you. I’m sorry I—”

“It’s your first investigation back in a while, I get it, and this…was emotional.” I nodded and gave him a lingering look before starting to leave the hospital. But, before I could actually even leave the maternity ward, this other room was calling my name, I heard this baby cry. I walked into it, without even really thinking. I was glad I did, because I suddenly saw this full bodied apparition on the bed! She was so clear! I could make out her hair, where her feet were under the blanket and everything. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t speak, I knew that now would be the time to do an EVP, but I wad just in awe overseeing this.

“Adri,” I heard my name being called behind me, but I didn’t turn, I continued to look at the woman in the bed in front of me. It wasn’t until she vanished that I turned around and found Zak standing behind me. “I thought you were going outside…”

“I was, but I heard this cry and then…Then I saw a woman lying in that bed! A full body! Look,” I rewound my camera to show him what I’d caught.

“Holy shit!” he exclaimed. “That’s—That’s the best thing we’ve caught since the documentary!”

“I—I know…I’m going outside not, this is too much…” For that woman to be caught on film like that, she died here. She died on what should’ve been one of the happiest days of her life. I had to wonder if she had other children that weren’t here, or a husband that wasn’t with her because he got held up at work, or was out getting food. The possibilities were endless.

***

When Zak, Nick, and Aaron walked into the tent, I was on my phone—looking up the casualties from this hospital on that exact day. Right as Zak was about to say something, I found her. I found Carmen. “Yes!” I exclaimed, standing up right. “Carmen Elizabeth James.”

“You found her?” Zak asked. “What about Alicia Marie?”

“She didn’t die here, Zak. I’m going to have to find her and tell her what we found. I have to tell her about her mom saying that she loved her…”

“We will,” he promised.

“Can you two explain this to us a little bit?” Nick asked. So, Zak gave him a quick run though of what we’d experienced.

“Wow,” Aaron said.

“He didn’t even tell you the best part, I got this full bodied apparition,” I said.

“No way!” Aaron said.

“Shut up,” Nick was in disbelief.

“This is why we need you, ghost magnet.” Zak had told me things had been slower without me, I guess this place only proved that. I guess that I attracted more spirits than they did.

Zak grinned at me before going back into his serious face; he knew we had a lockdown to get back to. “Okay, so now, Nick and I are going to go back in and investigate the lower floor; dark shadowy entities have been seen down there. Aaron, Adri, stay here and just keep watch on our other monitors. If you see anything, go check it out.”

Aaron and I nodded before I took a seat again. I pulled my phone back out and sent a text to Ariel. ‘How’s Lorelei?’ it asked. I waited impatiently for a response.

“Look at you, texting on the job,” Aaron smirked.

“I’m just checking in on Lorelei, and then I’ll put it away, I swear,” I told him as it lit up. I slid my finger across the message from Ariel.

‘Sleeping. Been great all night.’

‘Kiss her goodnight for me.’ With that, I put it back in my pocket and refocused on the job.

***

There wasn’t any activity on any of the monitors for the X cameras we’d set up. Aaron and I were pretty bored. Billy and Jay were watching their monitors carefully—only two of them had anything on them because one was Zak’s and the other was Nick’s. Mine and Aaron’s cameras were off.

Soon, the sun was coming up and our lockdown was over. I had successfully found Alicia Marie through her father, Scott James, all I had to do was look him up from the birth certificate and I was able to find his one and only child—Alicia Marie James, her last name was now Richardson and her husband, Joe, owned a car dealership right up the road. I found the phone number for that and I planned to call at a decent hour. I had even found the ‘I love Alicia Marie’ EVP on my camera, since it didn’t come through the spirit box.

“I’d say that was a pretty damn successful lockdown,” Zak said with a grin as we headed back to the car.

“Hell yeah it was,” I said. “But, right now I just want to get back to Lorelei.”

“You and me both,” he agreed, kissing my head as we walked. I texted Ariel and let her know that we were on our way back. She told me that Lorelei had just gone back to sleep. Thankfully, we arrived back at the campground rather quickly and went to our respectable beds for sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
AN: I’m sorry that it’s shorter than most…The next chapter will be better :) Please comment.