Status: First GA story...Incomplete

Our Ghost Adventures

Haunted House

Tonight was the night of Zak's bachelor part and I was staying in with Ariel and Veronique. Carlin and Daren were staying in their guest bedroom, just as they had before. They insisted that they didn't want to intrude.

"My party is the night Ellie and Molly fly in, right?" I asked Ariel as we sat and watched TV. She and Veronique had glasses of wine in their hands while I held Lorelei.

"Yep," she replied. "Are you excited for the wedding?"

"Yeah, but I don't see anything changing...We already live together and we already have a kid. I'll just have the last name now." Ariel was quiet for a moment, like she was considering asking me something. "Go ahead, ask me."

"Do you ever compare your feelings for Aidan to the feelings you have for Zak?"

"I don't know...Everything with Zak is so different..." I sighed.

"Different how?"

"I don't know...the way he looks at me, Aidan never looked at me that way." She seemed to accept that answer. "Do you know what Aaron planned for the guys tonight?" I asked her.

"Not a clue...he wouldn't tell me."

"He didn't tell Nick anything either," Veronique said when I looked over at her.

"I'm just curious, it doesn't matter to me what the boys do..." I shrugged.

****

The guys came back later, Nick was the only one that wasn't drunk. Apparently he had been the desginated driver. "Did y'all have fun?" I asked when they walked in.

"It was so fun!" Zak exclaimed, hugging me.

"I'm glad," I patted his back. "You're heavy, sweetie, why don't you go on up to bed?"

"Not until you come with me," he said.

"I'll be there in a minute, I promise."

"Okay..." he stumbled up the steps, Gracie following him the whole way.

"Alright guys, I've gotta go tuck my fiancé in. I'll see y'all tomorrow."

"Bye," Ariel laughed.

Before Nick and Veronique walked out the front door, I had to ask Nick something. "You guys didn't get into too much trouble tonight, did you?"

"Nah, just the usual stuff," Nick replied.

"Okay, drive safe guys." I made my way up to mine and Zak's bedroom. He had fallen face first onto the bed on top of the covers. I shook my head and smiled a bit. "Sweetie," I touched his shoulders slightly to wake him. He was still fully dressed and I knew he wouldn't be comfortable sleeping in his jeans. He rolled over and pulled me down into the bed with him. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, I didn't exactly like it, but this was actually the first time he had been drunk around me. "Honey, let me up," I murmured. He let go of me and I stood back up. "Don't you want to change?"

"Mm..." he said. He sat up and pulled shirt off, tossing it somewhere into the room. He undid his pants and fell asleep in his boxers.

"You need to take your contacts out too..." I reminded him. He let out a sigh and got up and walked into the bathroom.

"Maybe I should take a shower..." he said.

"You don't have to."

"You could join me," he suggested with a small grin. I bit my lip but shook my head. "Why? Because I've had quite a bit to drink?"

"No, I was married to an Irishman. Alcohol doesn't really bother me...But you're tired."

"I'm never too tired for you..." A smile creeped onto my face. I knew that I wouldn't be able to deny him for long...In all honesty, I wanted my fiancée right now... "Come on...It's the night of my bachelor party..." he gave me a pouty face and I grinned.

"Okay, but Lorelei's asleep, so I've gotta keep the baby monitor in here...and we've gotta be quick."

"Deal," he grinned.

***
"Ow what the fuck is that noise?" Zak asked when the baby monitor went off for the first time at a little bit after three in the morning.

"It's just the baby. Go back to sleep," I got out of bed and went down the hallway to the nursery. I swore that I could hear humming, but it was probably my imagination. "Shh mommy's—" I saw something standing by Lorelei's crib. "Zak!" I screamed. Even if he couldn't hear me with his own ears, I knew that he could hear me on the baby monitor. I turned on the light and screamed for Zak again. The figure stared at me for a moment, before it just vanished, right as Zak came to my side.

"What's the matter, baby?" he asked. His voice kicked up an octave because he knew that there was something wrong. I ran for Lorelei's crib and picked her up. I hugged her to me and almost began crying. Zak's hand came on my back, I turned around and cried into his chest with Lorelei between us. "Did you see something?" he asked. I nodded and tried to speak, but I was so scared...I knew stuff followed us all home, it happened. But, the fact that there was something in the room with my baby made it that much worse.

"There was a shape...a dark figure standing over Lorelei's crib..."

"Was it the same one you've been seeing?" he asked.

"I think so...but it's been so long since I've seen it, Zak."

"I know...take her to our room...I'll come in in a minute."

"No...please don't make me go without you," I felt pathetic, but the figure went away when Zak came to my rescue. I hated being helpless.

To my surprise, he agreed and followed me to our room. "I won't let anything get you," he promised, kissing my head.

"I know...Lorelei's staying in our room tonight, though."

"Damn straight she is."

***
I didn't fall back asleep. I don't know that Zak did either, but around five, I could hear a voice coming through the baby monitor, I had meant to turn it off, but apparently I didn't.

"Zak, wake up," I nudged him. He was a deeper sleeper than I was most of the time.

"I'm up," he said.

"Do you hear the voice?" I pulled the monitor off the night stand and handed it to him. He put it to his ear and held his finger to his lips. I saw his eyes grow wide. He jumped out of bed and dashed to the door.

"Take Lorelei—get Carlin and Daren, and go to Aaron's, now. Tell him and Nick to get over here."

"I don't want to leave you here alone with—"

"Adrina, now." He wasn't ever commanding towards me. That was what made me go...I didn't want to, but something was wrong here. I needed to get to Aaron's as fast as possible so that Zak wasn't alone. "Take my car..."

I grabbed Lorelei's diaper bag from downstairs and woke Carlin and Daren up in the process. I took the keys to Zak's Bentley and put Lorelei in her car seat. I hopped into the driver seat and drove over to Aaron's quickly, but doing my best not to get pulled over.

***Zak's POV***

"Whoever is in this house and causing my fiancée problems, I want you to show yourself to me! You're not going to lay a finger on her you bastard!" I exclaimed into the house. The voice I heard on the baby monitor had said something with kill and Adrina in the same sentence. My head hurt, but I was sure that was from my hangover. I couldn't blame that on anything paranormal. After hearing that voice this morning, I thought whatever this was, had been in Lorelei's room just to get to Adrina.

The front door burst open and Nick and Aaron came in a moment later. "Bro, what's wrong?" Aaron asked. His voice was tired and it was clear that Adrina must've woke him up. I was sure that he had a hangover, just as I did.

I went through everything that had happened. They both looked at me worriedly.

"Man...I get so sick of this shit following us home..." Aaron sighed.

"Tell me about it..." I sighed. "It's not going to hurt her, we need to do an investigation here tonight...I want to catch this son of a bitch on film—she's seen it several times and I don't want it to keep bothering her."

"Let's do it," Nick said. "I'll call Billy, but don't you think that Adrina should be here too? She's the one that's seen it..."

"He's got a point, G. I don't wanna put her in danger either, but you're more likely to get answers with her here..."

"Dammit. I'm gonna go call a priest. Get him out here to do a clensing after...Aaron, will you call Adri and ask her to come back and find out if Ariel will watch Lorelei tonight?"

"Sure, bro."

***Adrina's POV***

"Hello?" I picked up my phone when Aaron called.

"Hey, uh, Zak wants to do an investigation here tonight...He's calling in a priest and he wants you to come back...Nick's calling Billy to get him out here too."

"Give me like half an hour, if I'm not going to be back here, I need to get some things in order first...I was supposed to make phone calls for the wedding today and—"

"I'll do all that stuff," Ariel volunteered.

"You don't have to."

"I'm the maid of honor, it's my job."

"Okay," I told Aaron. I"m going to pick up some coffee on the way, though."

"Starbucks?"

"Yeah. I'll pick something up for y'all too..."

"Thanks, you're the best, Adri." I nodded and we both hung up. "Carlin, Daren, will you be okay here for the day—and tonight?"

"We'll manage, lass," Carlin said. I had already explained what had happened to everyone.

I drove to the Starbucks that I frequented, and picked up five large coffees (I figured Billy would want one too) and drove back home. I parked Zak's Bentley in the garage and walked in the house with the drink carrier in hand.

"I'm sorry it took so long," I apologized to Zak. "I didn't sleep and I won't be able to function without coffee."

"It's alright, babe," he replied, taking one of the coffees. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my head. "I love you more than anything and I won't let anything hurt you—ever."

"I know you won't," I murmured against his chest. "I love you too, Zak."

"We're going to figure this shit out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for your awesome comments. There're only three more chapters left in this story. Hopefully I'll get them out to you very soon.