Status: First GA story...Incomplete

Our Ghost Adventures

Let's go Ghost Hunting

We had been preparing most of the day like we would for a lockdown. Nerve center was going to be in the garage and there was an X cam in every single room of the house—hallways included. There was even one in the dungeon—that I usually didn't go into. That was Zak's special room that always made me feel weird when I went down there, it hadn't been like that at first, but it quickly progressed into a room that I hated. I always felt...unwelcome. We were only filming because we could see the evidence that way. This wasn't going to be an episode, it would simply be for our use only.

"Zak, there's something else I need to tell you," I said. He looked at me seriously. "When I went to go down the hallway to Lorelei's room...I heard humming."

"What kind of humming?" he asked me seriously.

"It sounded like a nursery rhyme or something..."

"What tune." I considered this for a moment and tired to think back. There weren't a lot of nursery rhymes that sounded similar.

"Three Blind Mice would be the closest." I saw his jaw tighten and he looked furious.

"That's the damn thing from Bobby Mackey's..." he said. "We have to be careful tonight...super careful."

"We will be," I replied. "But you have to admit...this is going to be weird."

"It is...We've investigated lots of places, but I never thought that we would be investigating our own house."

"Me neither. Hopefully...hopefully we get rid of it...We have to...”

“We will, Sweetie. Nothing will every tough you or Lorelei. I love you both too much for that.”

“Hey G, what do you want us to do? How do you think we'll get answers?” Aaron asked.

“I hate to say it,” I began. “But maybe we need to split up...Go into the rooms where it most likely is...?”

“I hate that you're always right,” Zak sighed. “Yeah, let's do that. Somebody needs to stay down here, Lorelei's room, the dungeon, and our room.”

“I'll take Lorelei's room,” I volunteered.

“I think that you should take the dungeon, Zak,” Aaron suggested. “You're down there more than anybody else.”

“But--”

“He's right,” I looked at my soon to be husband carefully. I know you want to be upstairs with me, but the dungeon is your place.”

“Who's going to take our room, then?”

“I will,” Nick offered. “You wanna stay on this floor, Aaron?”

“Works for me, bro,” Aaron agreed.

“Alright, we have our plan, now let's get this taken care of, I'm getting married here in a few days!” I just wanted our home to be the safe haven that it should be. Sure, Zak and I hunted ghosts and demons for a living but that didn't mean that we shouldn't get to live in peace just like everybody else.

“Sweetie, I want you to be super careful, the last thing I want is for you to get hurt,” Zak looked at me with an intense gaze that made me a little nervous for what was to come. I wasn't able to say anything to him in response, so I nodded slowly and forced out a quiet 'I love you', which he quickly returned before pressing a very loving kiss to my lips.

I started getting my things together when I noticed Zak and Nick standing together, all that I could make out was, “Watch out for her, man.”

I saw Nick nod and after a few moments, they were still talking. I was only a couple feet away, but they were whispering softly. I felt a hand on my shoulder and my muscles became rigid and I whipped my head over to see the culprit. Relief flooded over me when I saw it was only Aaron.

“Sorry, Adri,” he apologized. “You gonna be okay up there? In Lorelei's room?”

“Yeah. Some son of a bitch is messing with my daughter—and they are not about to get away with it.”

“Promise me you won't try to be too much like Zak—with the taunting stuff, I mean...It's dangerous and none of us want to see you hurt.”

“You realize that it is just ask likely for any one of you to get your ass kicked by this thing as it is for me? You know it's sexist that you're being more protective of me just because I'm a girl, right?” I was only half joking, it was my attempt to light the mood.

“It's not like that, it's that your about to marry Zak and that's like marrying all of us.”

“Wait...Aaron...did you just—”

“That's not how I meant it!” he defended himself. “But you get what I mean, right? He would got to the moon and back for you and so would the rest of us—for Veronique too.”

“Ready to take care of this shit?” Nick asked me, not even batting an eye to what Aaron had said—he had most likely heard all of it, but he didn't even have a reaction to it.

“Yeah, let's go.”

XxX

“If there's anybody up here, please say something. Anything.” I had been in Lorelei's room for nearly an hour and I hadn't gotten so much as a weird vibe. I still wasn't getting anything, so I decided to stop my EVP session and radio Billy to see if he had gotten a hint of activity. “Billy,” I said into the walkie.

“Go ahead,” he replied.

“Have you gotten anything at all?”

“That would a negative. This house is silent.”

“Has anybody else gotten anything.”

“Nothing.”

“Nada.”

“Zip.”

All three of the boys ended up replying at nearly the same time.

“Maybe we should all meet back up for a while,” I suggested.

“Living room?” Zak's voice asked.

“Sounds good,” Nick agreed.

When I left Lorelei's room, I nearly ran into Nick—literally. “Sorry,” I apologized.

“You're fine,” he assured me. “C'mon, I have a feeling Zak would kick my ass if I even let you walk downstairs alone.”

I just shook my head. I should have known by now that these boys would protect me, even if it annoyed the hell out of me.

Once we got into the living room, Zak was leaning against the couch and Aaron was standing beside him. Billy was still out in the garage watching the monitors.

“So how do you wanna do this g?” Aaron asked.

“Adri and I will go back into Lorelei's room and you two can go into the dungeon,” Zak decided. We all knew that was what was going to happen, arguing with Zak was difficult to begin with, but he had that tone in his voice that told all of us that he meant business so we went with it and began in our directions.

“So your really didn't get anything in the dungeon?” I asked. He just shrugged.

“It's like they knew we were doing this so they just left...”

“Our house has never been this still before. You may be on to something,” I didn't know what it was, but something felt off. Something felt wrong.

Once into Lorelei's room, we took a seat in the middle of the floor and Zak wordlessly took my hand. His skin felt hot—not warm—but hot. I looked at him slightly confused, even in the dark I could make out his squared jaw line and his nose. “What is the dungeon right now? A sauna? You're burning up!” I decided that it couldn't be left unsaid.

“Doin' an EVP,” Aaron's voice came through my walkie, but I then realized that Zak didn't have his.

“Where's your walkie?”

“Hm? I must've left it in the dungeon,” he didn't even seem phased by it, even though he had been the one so insistent on all of us taking the walkies. “Hey, Adri, I've been thinking, maybe we don't need to do this. I mean it's kind of because of use that they're here in the first place, right?”

“What the hell are you talking about? They could hurt your daughter, that's why we need to do this!” I looked at him like he had grown a second head because it really seemed like he had. He was talking like someone that wasn't him. Like...And it hit me like a bus. “Zak, sweetie, I don't really want to do this either, but we have to.”

“Adri, we don't.”

“Okay, maybe we don't,” I tried to be as believable as possible, I doubt my acting skills were great, but maybe it worked. “Maybe we should gather the guys and call the whole thing off,” I really hoped that Billy had audio running in this room right now. “Hey guys, let's meet in the living room,” I said into the walkie. Shit, Aaron and Nick were doing EVP. Billy had at least heard me...That was something, right? I got up from the floor and I still felt Zak's hand tightly wrapped around my own. I decided that if I pulled away, it would be obvious, so I kept our fingers laced together.

We started down the hallway and it happened so quickly. My back was quickly slammed against the wall in the hallway. “We all lived here in peace until you came in here.” The voice wasn't Zak's, not really anyway.

“I'll go, I'll leave,” I tried.

Earlier...

“Adri, I want you to take this, in case things get out of hand tonight,” Zak looked me sternly in the eye as he placed a small vile of something in my hand.

“What is it?”

“Holy water.”

“Nobody is going to get possessed. We all know not to open ourselves up to demons and not to show fear.”

“Just in case,” he gave me a small smile and kissed me sweetly.

XxX

I didn't think that I would ever know how Zak was so prepared for everything, but I knew that I loved him for it. As what ever was taking over Zak's body's grip tightened on my right wrist, I tried to move my hand to get the vile from my pocket.

“First I'm going to kill you, then I'm going to kill that little whining brat of yours, and then I'm going to let your boyfriend live out his days behind bars, knowing that he killed his own baby.”

I couldn't get to my pocket, no matter how hard I tried. So, I screamed at the top of my lungs and hoped, no prayed, someone would hear it. I couldn't get out of this one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only two more chapters to go :) If I get two comments I will get another chapter up today or tomorrow.