Status: First GA story...Incomplete

Our Ghost Adventures

Bobby Mackey's Music World

Wilder, Kentucky. I hadn’t expected a place that housed such evil to be so…calm. I didn’t get the slightest bad feeling until we pulled up at Bobby Mackey’s Music World.

“Oh man, I don’t wanna go in there,” Aaron said.

“Okay, look, turn the camera on,” Zak said. Aaron did what Zak asked and turned on the camera. “I’m making this promise right here, right now. We will not ever come back here after tonight. This will be our final trip to Bobby Mackey’s Music World. I swear to God we won’t come back.”

“What if shit hits the fan in there? What if it’s worse than before? I mean those evil entities know you guys. What if they attack?” I asked, feeling the need to say it.

“Then we will run the hell out of there. This won’t be a typical lockdown. We aren’t getting locked in there because of the special circumstances. And I say that in front of all of our viewers. I know that you all want to see great evidence but this is for the safety of my crew-which if you’ll notice Nick isn’t even here tonight. He swore to his wife that he wouldn’t come back here, and we’ll let him honor his promise.”

“Can I say something?” I asked. They both agreed and I looked right at the camera. “I’ve only been with these guys for a few months now, but I’ll tell you that they are so fearless…I have never seen any of them be freaked out like they are right now. These are some brave people and to get them scared like this…I’m scared myself,” I said. I rubbed my locket for good luck before we stepped outside of the van to go in.

Even the air outside of the car was heavy. I was already feeling the affects of Bobby Mackey’s Music World.

Aaron kept the camera rolling as we walked towards the wretched building. Zak had to do an intro and I was basically just there to stand next to him. After we filmed the intro, Aaron went to the van to grab the cameras.

“Can we talk a minute?” Zak asked me, stealing a glance at the doors of the building.

“Of course. Do you want to walk down the road, that way a bit?” I gestured away from the van and away from the building.

“Yes!” he exclaimed, taking my hand. He and I had been getting progressively closer. It had been two weeks since we first kissed and we weren’t ‘dating’ but we weren’t not dating either. We did kiss on a regular basis, so that was nice, but we hadn’t been on a real date yet, and we weren’t telling anybody anything. “Baby,” he started. “I want you to stay close to me, tonight. Nobody is going anywhere alone, but I want to make it our goal to talk to Johanna tonight. She isn’t an evil spirit and maybe with you here she can talk to you.”

“I think that’s a good idea,” I agreed. We had seen all of the bad of Bobby Mackey’s but this poor woman was trapped here, possibly anyway. “And you won’t have to worry about it; I don’t think I want to go anywhere alone this time.” I had only been by myself on lockdowns a few times. I was usually paired with Zak. I was only sometimes with Aaron, I hadn’t been paired with Nick yet. But, I think that was because we were both occasionally susceptible to the negative energy.

***Zak’s POV***

“Why don’t we all go to that diner across the street before our lockdown,” I suggested.

“Sure,” she agreed. We walked back, invited Aaron, and walked over there. We got a table and were seated quickly. Me on the end with Adri and Aaron by himself on the other side.

“Hi, y’all, my name is Lindsey, I’ll be your server today, can I start you off with-” She paused mid-sentence and looked at myself and Aaron. “Oh me oh my! You’re the boys from Ghost Adventures!” she exclaimed. “I just love your show. I watch it every Friday and Saturday night! Oh and you must be the new girl, Adrianna!”

“Actually my name’s Adrina,” she corrected lightly.

“Oh I’m so sorry! Do you think that I could get your autographs?”

“Only if you keep it quiet that we’re here,” I decided upon. I loved my fans, I really did, but it was kind of…overwhelming to have people crowding around us. We were all just average people that happened to be on TV.

“Okay! Agreed!” Lindsey said. “What would you like to drink?”

“I’ll have a water,” Adri said. “Ice. Lemon.”

“Coke, please,” I said.

“Sweet tea,” Aaron said.

“I’ll be right back y’all!”

“I’m gonna go use the little ghost hunter’s room,” Aaron said, flashing us a smile. He stood and left the booth.

“Wow…” Adri said. “Is it always like that?” she asked. I shrugged.

“It depends. Back home-well my home-people don’t usually notice us. They’re too busy. But it depends on the place. We could get noticed anywhere…”

“Hm…I don’t know if I like it.”

“You’ll get used to it.”

Just the way she was looking at me, with her chin rested on my shoulder and her eyes connected with mine made me want to kiss her, to taste her lips with mine yet again. Before I could move in for the kiss, her lips were on mine. I cupped her chin with my hand and deepened the kiss.

“I’m sorry,” she said after pulling away. “I just couldn’t resist…” She gave me the cutest, shiest of smiles.

“Don’t ever apologize for kissing me, okay? I was about to do the same damn thing.”

“You were?” she asked, looking up with slightly wider eyes.

“Yeah,” I pressed one more kiss to her lips before I heard someone clear their throat. I expected to see the waitress with our drinks, but instead it was Aaron, reclaiming his seat at the table.

“I saw this one coming before we left Vegas the first time,” he said with a smirk.

“You did not,” Adri protested.

“I did too. You two have always been flirts!”

“Have not,” she said.

“Have too.”

“Have not.”

“Have too!”

“Have-”

“Aaron, dude, we have not always been flirts.”

“Whatever, Zak. You’re the biggest Goddamn flirt I’ve ever met.”

“Your drinks,” Lindsey said putting the cups down in front of us.

“Thanks,” Adri said. She hadn’t moved from her place next to me with her head on my shoulder. I didn’t remove my arm either. Aaron had already seen, so I didn’t see the point in trying to hide anything.

“Are y’all ready to order?” the waitress asked.

I knew I was forgetting something. I hadn’t even glanced at the menu yet. I looked to Aaron and Adri, noticing that they hadn’t either.

“We’re gonna need a minute,” Adri said for us.

“All right, I’ll be back,” she said and left.

***Adrina’s POV***

“You might want to bring a jacket,” Zak warned. We were in the hotel, getting prepared to leave. “That place can get fucking cold.” I sighed and dug through the bag. I didn’t think I had one…I didn’t remember bringing one at all.

“Well, I guess I’ll be freezing tonight,” I said, zipping my bag back up.

“What? You didn’t bring a jacket?” He looked at me like a mother chastising her child. I shook my head and almost broke a smile. “What am I gonna do with you?” he shook his head and walked over to his own bed. He dug out a jacket and tossed it to me. I caught it and held it up.

“This looks a little…big…” Zak was a big guy, especially compared to me! He had all of these muscles, and I, on the other hand was mostly just skin and bones. I had weighed more, I had looked healthy, but it took me this long to get back to a barely normal weight. After I lost my husband I didn’t eat. I just sat and stared…It was awful…I miss actually having weight. I had even had to buy new clothes. Things in my closet went from a size ten to a size four, it was annoying.

“Maybe you’re just small,” he said.

“This says ‘Bagans’ on it,” I pointed out. There was a place on the front with a patch that said ‘Bagans’. On the back it said ‘Ghost Adventures Crew’ and had the symbol Zak had designed for us. “My name is not Adrina Bagans.”

“Tonight it is,” he surprised me by walking over and kissing me. “I meant what I said early. By my side at all times.”

“I know…You’re not sending Aaron off by himself though, are you?”

“No, I’m not doing that here.”

“Good,” I gave him a kiss and he smiled again.

“Stop sucking face in there! Let’s go!” Aaron called from the other side of the door. I smiled widely.

“C’mon, we better go before Aaron freaks out anymore,” I said patting Zak’s bicep.

***
“We’re standing here...inside of Bobby Mackey’s Music World for the fourth time. As I said earlier, Nick will not be with us this time. We’re hoping that the exorcist worked and that we will quite honestly not find any evidence. As we have each time in the past, we’ll leave this section at three and go to the former slaughter house area.” Zak said into the camera. I was holding one of the cameras and Aaron had another.

We began the lockdown moments later. We each had a camera now and a digital recorder.

“I don’t want anybody going anywhere alone,” Zak said. “I mean it.”

“Why don’t we start by trying to talk to Johanna?” I asked. From what I could tell, Johanna wasn’t a dark entity. She was just trapped here.

“Alright. Adri, why don’t you start with a spirit box session?” Zak asked.

“Okay,” I agreed, taking the equipment from his hand. When our fingers brushed, my hand felt like it had been shocked (in a good way). “Johanna, are you here with us?” I asked. Nothing, just static. “Guys, I don’t feel anything. It just feels like a building.”

“I don’t feel anything either,” Aaron said. “Usually as soon as I get here, I feel activity.”

“Well, maybe it’s a good thing,” Zak said, hopeful.

“Why don’t we go up to her secret room,” I suggested. Zak nodded in agreement and we all climbed up there-carefully and went to Johanna’s secret room. “Maybe you should-Now I feel something,” I pulled the sleeves up on Zak’s jacket and showed them my arm. It was covered in goosebumps.

“I feel it too,” Zak said.

“So do I,” Aaron agreed.

“Johanna, is that you honey?” I asked in a calm, relaxed voice and awaited a reply from the spirit box.

“Zak?” the voice was clear as day. She was clearly asking for Zak.

“Dude did she just-”

“Shh!” he hissed at Aaron. “I’m right here, Sweetie. This is Adri,” Zak said, gesturing to me. “Can you keep talking to us?” We both waited again.

“Help…me…”

“How can we help you?” I asked. “Just tell us how and we’ll do it...”

We waited a good ten minutes…Nothing. It had just stopped…I didn’t understand. Soon after that, we went to the slaughter house; we weren’t locked within there though. The door was only closed; we’d only leave in event of an emergency.

***Zak’s POV***

“Adri, stay close to us in-”

“Hold on guys, shh,” I commanded. I had all of a sudden heard what sounded like a little girl. “Did you hear that?” I looked over at Adri, only being able to see her on my LCD screen but she had a strange look in her eyes. At first, I feared that something had possessed her like at Poveglia. But that wasn’t it; she reached over and gripped my arm in a death grip.

“It sounded like a little kid!” Aaron exclaimed. “Adri, what’s wrong with you?”

“Mommy! Mommy help!” we all heard the voice once more. All of a sudden Adrina took of running.

“Sweetheart?” she called in response to the voice. I ran after her, knowing how dangerous it would be for her to be alone. I grabbed her around her middle and held her back.

“Adrina, you can’t go after that voice,” I warned her.

“But that’s my daughter, Zak! I can hear her! You have to let me go! I can’t let anything hurt her!” Distress was filling her normally tender and sweet voice.

“That’s not your daughter, Adri, they’re playing a trick! You can’t go by yourself! Not there, not anywhere!”

“But what if they hurt her?”

“They can’t,” I promised, pulling her against me. “She’s safe…” I wasn’t even aware she had a daughter!

“Zak, she’s dead!” This took threw me off. Now I understood why she was freaking out.

“Well, they don’t have her,” I tried to reason. “They’re trying to play a trick!”

“No…but it’s…” she had the most terrified look in her eyes. I pulled her into my arms. “I can’t be in here!”

“Sugar pie,” she jumped further into my arms. I didn’t recognize the highly accented voice to come through the spirit box that Aaron had turned on. It wasn’t a British accent, or an Australian one…Scottish maybe? I had heard it before.

“Please, take me back to the hotel…” she pleaded. I looked to Aaron.

I knew the consequences of quitting now. There were already so many people that thought that myself and the rest of the crew were fakes and ‘wimps’ but I knew that Adrina was feeling uneasy…I wasn’t positive how she was feeling but I could only guess. “I’ll take you out to Billy,” Billy was our equipment tech that had arrived earlier. For personal reasons he hadn’t been on the past few investigations, but he was here now.

“Okay,” she murmured.