Status: 5 Recs/Comments/Subs= New Chapter.

Stay Right Where You Are.

Terrible Things.

*Austin's P.O.V*

I gulped as I walked onto the plane, my palms beginning to get sweaty.

America wouldn't be the same without him, and he was gone forever. I should have just stood up to my parents that I wasn't going to go, and now he was dead. All because he had driven drunk trying to get over me.

I had gone through security, baggage and gotten a bit of breakfast, and now I was boarding, an overwhelming sense of guilt flooding my thoughts.

'It's your fault he died.' I think. 'If only you would have stayed like you promised.'

I feel tears begin to fall, as I stare out the window at the runway.

"Are you alright, mate?" Someone asks on the other side of me with a thick British accent.

I look over to the brown-haired tattooed boy sitting beside me. He couldn't have been much older than me. "F-fine, thanks." I mumble, offering a weak smile.

"Obviously not," He replies easily, staring at me intently with bright hazel eyes. "What's bothering you?"

I sigh, running my fingers through my dark hair. "Long story."

"We've got a twelve hour flight."

I look over at him, giving him a small grin. "Well alright..." I say, and begin to tell him the miserable story of the dead ginger boy and I.

The boy who's name was Oliver Scott Sykes was fighting back tears, because I hadn't held back in telling every single detail of Alan and I's dark fairytale of a relationship. "H-he's really gone?"

I nod, choking back the lump that had formed in my throat.

"Austin, I am so sorry, mate." He says quietly, placing his hand on my shoulder. "He sounded like a good man, Alan did."

I nod once more, folding my shaking hands in my lap. "He was the best."

Things for the next few minutes are comfortably quiet as Oli and I pay attention to the on-flight movie, reading the English subtitles.

"How old was he?" Oli asks quietly, fucking around with the sleeve of his hoodie.

"Eighteen. He died about six months after I left." I reply, fighting the sobs that threatened to rip through my body.

Alan really was dead, and he wasn't going to come back, ever. I wanted to be with someone, I wanted to get over him. It had been a year and a half and he wasn't waking up from eternal sleep anytime soon. There was no one like him, and I too, wanted to be six feet under at this point.

"Where do you live?" Oli asks another question, trying to lighten the mood.

"LA, you?" I respond, not really feeling up for anymore chit-chat but not wanting to be an asshole either.

"I live in London," He begins shyly. "But I'm meeting my boyfriend for the first time."

I let out a quiet, 'Aww' and ask what his name is.

"Josh Franchesci." He says, a smile forming on his lips the second after he says it.

"Cute," I smile widely, showing all of my teeth. "How long have you been together?"

"Four years." He says, cheeks reddening, showing his embarrassment.

My jaw almost fell open. "Goddamn, Oli! It's about time!"

He nods, laughing as he returns back to his normal shade. "I know." He grins. "I'm finally meeting him!"

He squeals a bit, and pulls me close wrapping me in a tight hug, which I happily return.

"I never thought I'd ever meet him, but he convinced me to come down and he'd pay for my ticket!" He says while we pull away. "I didn't want to let him, but I gave in considering that it might be my only chance."

It almost started to hurt me, seeing Oli beam like this. Yes, of course I was happy for him, he was obviously in love with Josh, and nothing could pull them away from each other anymore.

They reminded me too much of Alan, something I would never be able to feel again. I didn't get to wake up to him anymore, or wrap him in my arms. No more kisses to the back of each other's necks, and no more watching Disney movies. No more Alan, ever.

I must have fallen asleep, because Oli had shaken me awake saying we had landed and starting bouncing around in his seat and tapping everything.

"What if he thinks I'm ugly?" Oli frowns, looking at me bug-eyed.

"Shh," I say, softly. "You're not fucking ugly, alright? He loves you remember?"

"I remember." Oli giggles, as we file out into the aisle, carry-ones clutched tightly in our hands.

Taking careful steps back into the terminal, a large grin spreads across my face and I run over to meet Justin, Shay, while Tino isn't paying attention and is talking to a skinny brow haired boy.

"Welcome home!" They say happily as I walk over to them, Tino finally noticing my presence.

That really bothered me, I know it was so long ago, but how were they so content with Alan...dead?

"Baby!" I hear the brown haired boy say as he runs over to Oli, picking him up and spinning in a circle before giving him a deep kiss.

I look back over to my friends, who look like they're hiding something big.

"We have a surprise!" Justin giggles, practically bouncing off the walls.

"Wh-what is it?" I stutter out, a bit overwhelmed.

They didn't need to get me anything!

"Kitten!" Justin calls loudly, waving his arms crazily in the air.

"Fuck, Justin! Stop that!" I say, grabbing his hands and pulling them to his sides when a pair of maroon Toms come into view as my eyes trail up the familiar body that I had once been able to call mine.

Then our eyes meet.

"Surprise." Alan says softly.