Status: In Progress

I'm in Love With Poisoning

And This Is How It Starts

We arrived at the event and I was taken aback. It was a massive outdoor festival with a lot of stages and a lot of people too. I didn't know much about this place so I stayed with Mike the whole time. Not that I could wander off with anyone else, for that matter. He looked at the schedule and told me we had to go see the Wonder Years. I followed him to the stage. The Wonder Years were actually really good. I'd be sure to look them up when I got home.
Mike looked at the list again and his expression went completely serious. He glanced at me and grabbed my arm. He started sprinting to another stage. We were moving so fast I couldn't even ask him which band we were going to see. We got to a stage that was really empty. There were only maybe 15 kids there. They all looked like scene girls, to be honest. I looked at the banner hanging over the stage. It read Black Veil Brides. I'd never heard of them. I asked Mike what time they would start.
"About 45 minutes, probably," He said checking the time on his phone.
"What?! Why are we here so early?!"
"There's someone you have to see." He explained patiently.
I was confused, but I didn't care.
We waited patiently for 30 minutes, just talking casually about work and stuff. Then in the last 15 minutes, the crowd started to grow. People tried to get to the front and shove past others. Since we were right at the barriers, I was kinda scared they were gonna try to shove past me. But since Mike was so big and intimidating, I didn't think anyone would mess with us. I was focused on the stage. Suddenly, someone (a member of the band, I assumed) ran on stage. Everyone went wild. He ran to the drums. Then one by one, the band came on stage and took their positions, and picking up their instruments. They all looked similar. Dark, black hair, tattoos, face paint and black clothes. They looked like a younger, hotter KISS. Finally, the last member came out. Most likely the lead singer, since no one had occupied the main microphone. He walked to the centre of the stage and my jaw dropped when I saw him. No. Way. The crowd was going crazy, but I couldn't hear them. All I heard was a low voice in my head.
"You are magnificent."
"I never like people, right off the bat."
"I feel bad for your parents."
"You deserve better. I wish I could give you that."
Those sentences ran through my mind as my eyes followed the band member across the stage. We locked eyes as he scanned the crowd. I could see confusion, then surprise, then joy flash through his eyes in seconds. He waved and I timidly waved back, not sure if he was waving at me or not. I was still unaware as to what was happening.
"Hello Houston!" He yelled.
The crowd exploded.
"Are you ready for the best fucking time of your life?!" He asked.
The screams from the crowd were deafening.
They played their set, and coming from someone who had never heard them before, it was pretty amazing. I had no idea that last night I had been talking with the lead singer of Black Veil Brides.
After the set ended, I stayed at the barrier, still stunned by what had just happened. The crowd had left and it was just me and Mike still. We were both quiet.
"You knew." I said softly to Mike.
"Of course I knew Claire! I'm not an idiot!"
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"C'mon Claire, you never would've believed me. Plus, I thought it was something you had to find out for yourself."
I was still trying to piece everything together when I heard his voice.
"Quit fucking around Ash!"
My throat closed up. I saw him come from behind the stage and walk towards us.
"Hey Claire, I was waiting for your text."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Sex -The 1975