Status: In Progress

I'm in Love With Poisoning

You're Not the First Or the Last

“What do you mean? What hurts?” I asked, suddenly scared.
“My chest. I hurt it a show a while back. I walked into one of the amps and it knocked the wind out of me. Now I can’t use as much energy as I would like to.”
I sat down beside him and rubbed his back comfortingly. “Do you want some water?” I asked.
“Sure, thanks.”
I ran to get him a bottle of water. When I came back, he was lying on the couch. I kneeled down beside him and handed him the water bottle. “Drink this, it’ll help.” I opened up the bottle and held his head up as he drank. He downed almost the entire bottle.
“Thanks Claire. That helped a lot.” He was pretty tired now, and his eyelids were drooping. He looked like he needed some sleep.
“Let’s get you back to the bus, Jackie.” I helped him keep his balance as I led him to the bus. I had my arms around his waist, with his arm around my shoulders. It was pretty sweet, considering the height difference.
Jack was in charge of directing us to the bus, but he couldn’t do that in his half-conscious state, so I had to ask random people in the bus lot to help. I passed by a guy with fiery red hair. He was sipping a beer outside a bus when I walked by.
“Hey there, I’ve never seen you around here. What’s wrong with Jack?” He asked quickly.
“Oh, I’m Claire. I’m a friend of Andy’s, from Black Veil Brides?”
He chuckled softly. “Yeah I know who Andy is. But what’s wrong with Jack?”
“He’s kinda tired and I was going to bring him back to his bus, but the only problem is that I don’t know which bus is his.”
“Oh it’s that one down there. The one with the red chair in front of it.”
“Thanks so much….”
“Oh, I’m Alan. I’m in Of Mice & Men.”
“Nice to meet you Alan. Well I better be off then.”
“Nice to meet you too Claire.” He gave a small smirk and wink and went back to drinking his beer.
I walked Jack to the bus, and opened the door. Surprisingly, it was open. Who just leaves their bus door unlocked? I brought him back to where the bunks were. Now the hard part was going to be finding which bunk was his. There were at least 8 bunks. My worries were put aside when I saw a piece of paper with “JACK” written on it, in bright red lettering, hanging over one of the bottom bunks. There were a few batman logos drawn on it as well. I chuckled and put Jack into the bunk. I kind of just sat there for a while, on the floor, staring at him sleep. Then he stirred and looked at me, still half asleep.
“Claire, I love you.” He whispered.
“Shut up Jack, just go back to sleep.”
“No, I’m serious, I’m in love with you.” The fact that he was more awake now, scared me. He wasn’t supposed to love me. No one was. This can’t happen.
“Jack, you’ve only known me for about 2 hours. You can’t love me. No one can.” I said the last part quietly, to myself.
“But I do.” Those three words, sent my stomach into a hurricane of butterflies. He pulled me into his bunk and just lay with me. We were facing each other. I could feel his hot breath on my cheek. This was not helping the butterflies in my stomach. He slowly moved in and kissed me. It was the most perfect kiss I could have asked for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Alpha Dog -Fall Out Boy