Status: *** I plan to update every few days. Thanks for any comments/feedback received!

She's Not Afraid

Seven

"Celeste! You know you're not working today, right?" Matt was pacing next to me with a confused look on his face.

"Just checking my schedule the next couple of days," I sit down at my desk, looking at the fat stack of new clients I've been assigned too. "Great." I say sarcastically.

"I was talking with Chad and we were thinking of hiring another therapist. You've been handling 50+ clients while still in school full-time." Matt sat in the chair across from my desk, his right leg shaking like a nervous tick.

"That would be helpful. I don't seem to have a personal life anymore." I mutter.

"That's depressing." James was standing in the doorway, his arms crossed across his broad chest.

"Ah. Mr. Neal, here have a seat!" matt jumped up out of his chair like some crazy fangirl. I swear he had a crush on James.

"Shouldn't be too long, James. I have to sign some stuff and we can head out." Matt glared back and forth between the two of us. He just smiled, shook his head and left.

"See you tomorrow, C. Have fun."

James ended up taking the chair, his arms resting on my desk as he began to play with a paperclip.

"There. Done." I neatly placed the stack of client information into the folder in my desk drawer, locking it.

"So confidential, so secretive." James said. "You must have some pretty epic clients, eh?"

"A couple Pirates, two Steelers but hey, you're my first Penguin. That in itself is enough to lock this drawer."

In fact, a lot of my clients are high school girls and all I need is James Neal's personal information being leaked due to my poor security.

"I took your virginity then. I'm sure now, you'll see a few more Penguins walking through that door. The season is just beginning."

"Yeah. So, what are you going to do with me today. It's your job to entertain me."

***

Wrangled into my car, I took Celeste somewhere private. Somewhere where I could have her to myself and a place where she can see the real James Neal.

"Is this your place? Damn, Neal!" I pulled into the driveway.

"Home sweet home. Hey, I have something to show you." We both step out of the car and head into his garage.

"Holy mother of Nunavut. You would own a Ferrari." Her fingers slowly trailed the curves of my precious baby. "Can I sit in it?"

I unlocked the driver's side door and she took the wheel.

"Ferrari is a good look for you. You look fucking hot." Her hands rubbed the steering wheel as she adjusted her seating position.

"You need to take me for a ride in this later."

"We'll drive this to dinner then." She didn't look at me, her eyes were too busy checking out the interior of my car.

"I can show you around the house? Then I need to change before we head out." She nodded her head. I grabbed her hand and helped her out of my Ferrari.

"You just keep getting more interesting Neal." We walked inside, and I was reminded of how unprepared I am for women to be in my house. My mother would be ashamed of my lack of cleaning skills.

"Typical bachelor. White walls, dirty dishes and bare furniture. You must travel a lot." She started laughing.

"Oh you know, hockey stuff." I followed her into the living room. "Not much here, all the fun stuff is upstairs."

"Okay Mr. Tour-guy. Lead me to the fun." She winked at me. Celeste was incredible. Sassy and cute, the perfect combination of woman. She followed me upstairs to the first white door on the left.

"My bedroom...." I open the door and we walk in, a gleam in her eye.

***

"So this is where all the magic happens. Probably what....two-three girls a week?" I took a seat on the edge of his bed. It was comfortable, one of those memory foam beds. I can't imagine how he wakes up in the morning.

"Nah. Believe it or not, not many girls comes here."

"Believe it, I won't. Still, this is a huge room and your bed is heavenly." Neal walked over to his closet, picking out a new T-shirt and walking to the bathroom. His dressers were covered with framed pictures of his family.

From what I counted, his parents weren't divorced, he has 3 brothers and one gorgeous sister. His entire family is full of babes.

It's official. The Neal's have amazing genes.

"Those are my three idiot brothers, Mike, Nick and Peter." His voice startled me. He was looking fresh, from shirt to perfectly tousled hair. "That is my mom and dad and here," he points to the pink picture frame, "that's my little sis, Rebecca."

"You're parents made cute kids. I bet your sister gets a lot of attention."

"Hey! They have to go through me first!" His brows furrowed.

"I like your room. It's homey. Too bad your house isn't like your bedroom."

"I spend most of my time in my bedroom...." James grinned. "So, you and I? Shall we hit the streets? I have a plan. And it involves the Ferrari."

***

"SHIFT!"

"Stop yelling at me!"

"Jesus christ! Celeste, shift the damn car!" I put the Ferrari in gear, the motor revved and the power ran over my body. "Pull over."

My breathing was heavy. Nervous. Excited. Thrilled.

"Holy crap. I've never felt that much power between my legs! That was awesome!" James started at me. He was pissed.

"This is why I don't let women drive my cars." His voice was calm, cool and collected. "I thought you knew how to drive a manual!?"

"I do! I've never drove a sports car before! I'm sorry." James sighed, his right arm resting on the door as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's fine. I guess, maybe I'll just have to teach you."

I looked at James, smiling. "For real? That would be fantastic. Then I can buy a Ferrari and we can race each other."

Using my humor was a way to lighten up awkward situations. The fact that James Neal allowed me to drive his precious Ferrari was something I will hold close to my heart. Not all guys would do that.

"Switch me spots. I'll drive." I unbuckled and climbed into the very small back seat while he scooted over behind the wheel.

"Man, I'm hungry. Who knew that driving a fast car could make a girl hungry?" James just stared at me.

"Local?"

"Only if you promise to be offended on how much I can eat."

James started laughing.

"Promise."

***

Upon arriving at Local, people were staring.

James Neal was at Local.

With a girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little bit longer chapter. The next one will be filled with some Celeste/James goodness.

Promise.