Status: Hope you like it!

Butterfly Kisses

Butterfly Kisses

Just Imagine...

As you shut your locker, you feel a pair of arms slink around your waist. You grin to yourself before turning around to face your boyfriend Jack.

He pulls you close and whispers, "Happy birthday, Y/N."

You can feel the blush creep into your face and you giggle. "Thanks."

The two of you head out of the school together, holding hands while everyone around you wishes you a happy birthday. You thank them all before saying goodbye and turning to leave.

You walk quietly with Jack. He's usually pretty wild and rambunctious, yet cute and sweet. Today he's been pretty quiet and thoughtful, which usually means he's up to something.

The silence between the two of you is comfortable. Today's been perfect, and you let out a sigh of contentment and smile. The choir sang Happy Birthday to you, your friends decorated your locker, and now you get to spend the rest of the day with Jack.

He drives you to the beach, which is where the two of you met. It's a perfect September day. The sun is out, there's a light breeze, and the waves on the water make your heart ache because summer's nearing its end. It's perfect hoodie weather.

Jack comes over to the passenger side of the car opens the door for you, swooping down onto one knee and gesturing towards the beach. "M'lady," he says in a faux accent. He holds out his hand for you.

You giggle and take his hand. Ah, there's the goofy Jack that you know and love.

"You can head over to the rocks," he says. "I'll be out in a second."

You cock an eyebrow, but do as he says.

"The rocks" is a little cove that you and Jack found last summer. It's great for swimming in the summer, and in the fall and spring, it's perfect for just relaxing. It's your happy place, the spot you go to when you just need to think. It's perfect.

Once you're there, you plop down on the biggest rock there, which you've claimed as your own. You sit and watch the waves while you wait for Jack, letting the monotonous sound of them crashing against the rocks lull your mind to far off places...

The sweet sound of an acoustic guitar breaks you from your thoughts. A smile breaks out across your face, knowing it's Jack without even looking. He sits down beside you, strumming all the while.

He's not exactly the best singer in the world, which he's very well aware of, but he starts singing to you anyway.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Y/N," he sings as he reaches into his pocket and grabs something wrapped in a napkin and holds it out to you. "Happy birthday to you."

You unwrap it, revealing a crumbling brownie. Your heart melts. It's simple moments like this that make you love Jack even more. "Thank you," you say quietly. "I couldn't have asked for a better birthday."

"You're welcome," he says as he leans over to give you a kiss on the temple, but he misses and his eyelashes brush against you, tickling your cheek. "Whoops," he says as he regains his balance.

"It's alright. I think I like your butterfly kisses better anyway," you giggle.

He grins and leans close, batting his eyelashes against your cheek again. It gives you that funny feeling in your stomach, as if you're in a car and going down a hill really fast.

"Butterfly kisses from now on?" You ask.

"If that's your birthday wish, then yes, butterfly kisses forever," he says as he rubs his nose against yours.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's for my girl Helena. Happy Sweet Sixteen, darling c: