Status: This story is getting a rewrite/hiatus. I won't be posting any new chapters until The Rebound Curse is complete.

Sink Down Into Light

The Beginning

Locked out again! I have to remember to ALWAYS bring my keys! I swear when I get home I am going to kill...myself. That's it, from today till the day I die, my top priority is to bring my stupid, house key.

Why don't I just climb up you might ask? One, I live on the fifth floor of this apartment building. Two, I am deathly scared of heights. And three, pretend being one of the people living here and seeing a small girl climbing up the wall. Yeah, I thought so.

I sat down on the bottom step of the stairs and waited.

Should I call my mom? She's probably with one of her boyfriends (notice the 's') getting totally wasted, or gambling away my college fund that my dad left for me before he died of a heart attack. Sad? Welcome to my life.

I looked around my surroundings and noticed it was getting pretty dark. I hated being outside alone when it's dark. I quickly took out my beat up flip phone and called my mom.

No answer.

I called again.

No answer.

I will not be ignored! I called at least ten times before she answered.

"What?!" it was my mom's annoyed voice. Hm, I wonder why.

"Gosh, finally you picked up. I was beginning to think you were dead. Any ways, I forgot the house key and can't get inside." I stated the obvious.

"Well that's too bad. Just wait by the door. I'll come home....soon." Just for those who don't know the meaning of 'soon' coming from my mom's mouth it means, "I'll come home before the sun comes out."

"But mom, I have a math test tomorrow! I have to study and I can't miss it either!"

"Oh gee, again too b-ok, ok....no...what?! Ok! Fine! Please sir! Yes. Natasha....17....daughter. Yes..ok." That was weird.

"So mom? Can you come home?" I have a feeling she won't...

"Oh honey?" Honey? What's gotten into her?

"Yeah I'm still here." I replied nonchalantly. "Where else would I go?" I mumbled.

"I won't be coming home tonight," told you so, "but one of my friend is going to offer you a ride so you could come spend the night with me at their house."

Before I could ask anything she hung up. Some mom...can't find the freaking meaning of the words, 'come home'.

True enough, a red Mercedes car drove by and stopped in front of me ten minutes later. Now I don't know much about cars but I do know that it looked very expensive.

Then someone came out of it. He was tall, lean, his black hair was the usual emo boy haircut, and his eyes were in an amazing color of blue. He looked around my age maybe a year or two older (who knew my mom was seeing someone half her age!) and he was wearing some skinny black jeans, a black vans, and a band t-shirt. Very much like my style. So I admit it, he was h-o-t. Ugh! I can't believe I said that.

He looked at me, smiled and waved. I smiled back but did not wave. Psh, he must have thought I would be drooling all over him but I'm not that kind of girl. You need more than looks to impress me. I looked boredly up at him.

"Can I help you?" I asked plainly.

"Your mom asked me to come and pick you up, 'Nattie'." I glared at him. NOBODY calls me that except my parents. Besides, how did he know that was my nickname?

"Don't call me that." I said, still glaring. If looks can kill, he would be more that dead. Cliche much?

"Fine then. What do you want me to call you?" he asked innocently. God, kill him now.

"Sorry, I don't give my names out to strangers." I replied dryly. I turned my head away so I wouldn't have to see him. But I could feel a hole on my head with his holding stares. I turned my head back to his direction, "You know, it's not polite to stare." But no, he just kept staring intensely at me with his blue, ama-STUPID eyes. Yup, stupid.

I sighed, got up, and started walking up the stairs to my locked apartment door.

Anywhere would be better than with this creep.

Before I could take one more step up the stairs I felt a hand yanking my wrist harshly causing me to fall backwards.

He caught me before I hit the floor and I felt a rag over my mouth and nose. Before I knew what was happening, I was limp in his arms.