Status: Frequent updates

The X-Kid Army

Wasteland I Like to Call My Home

Billie, Mike, and Tre sat in the middle of their food supply, facing each other. Mike had been forgiven and was allowed to come down from the pipes without suffering bodily harm at the hands of Tre. The three guys were now sharing a bag of chips.

They pretty much had it made down in the sewer. There were electrical outlets made originally so workmen could plug in their power tools. They had stolen some mattresses and blankets from an abandoned house whose owners were still missing, and had probably been snatched in the middle of the night by a few of Max's Clowns. They had even managed to get a refrigerator up and running in their hidden home. The best part was that they were completely under Mad Max's radar. He and his creepy crew of clowns had no idea that they were down there. The guys all wished they could tell someone, and maybe have others come live with them, but as far as they knew, there were no others. Their families were far away in California. Everyone else in the city was either imprisoned or dead. They only time they ever left the sewer was to to steal supplies, and they had never seen anyone besides the Clowns.

"Is it me, or does it not smell down here anymore?" Mike asked.

"Well, if everyone's in prison then the only smelly water would be coming from their pipes. Other than that, I don't think the sewer's really being used." Billie answered.

"Either that, or we're all just used to the stink." Tre said, pointing at Mike.

"Hey! I smell lovely!" Mike exclaimed.

"You haven't showered in two days!" Tre yelled.

"There's no way to tell if the water down here is clean!"

"Either it smells, or it doesn't. BATHE!" Tre retorted, bitterly.

"You're supposed to be nice to me today." Mike said, sadly.

"Why?" Tre asked.

"It's my birthday!" Mike said, hurt that they had forgotten. "Billie! How could you forget, we've been best friends since we were ten!" He yelled. Billie grinned.

"I didn't forget. Here." He said and tossed him a pack of cigarettes.

"Gee thanks. 'Happy Birthday, smoke these and it might be the last one you ever have." Mike said, laughing.

"There's a cooler present over by your mattress." Billie said.

"You're the best, man." Mike said, happy that someone actually remembered his birthday.

"Well, I can sing happy birthday!" Tre shouted, frantically. "Happy Birthday to you-" he began to sing loudly.

"On that out of tune note, I'm gonna take a walk." Billie said. He grabbed a flashlight and headed towards one of the tunnels, while Tre continued his song.