Status: I'm really not sure about this. :s

Black

Five

When the Messenger came bursting through The General's tent with a straight razor and bloody hands, Andrew's first thought was kill the traitor. Before he could do that, the panting child dropped it and said Cyrena. That had him more than worried-- he was terrified-- but more than that, he was angry and pointing an accusing finger at the boy. "What did you do?" The child was absolutely terrified in his own right, held by his collar and dangling in the man's grip.

"Nothing! I went to deliver a message from The General like asked and.. She's dying! A bullet in the chest!"

With this Andrew dropped him and sped off like Cerberus was chasing after him. Then finally panting at the tent, he was more than panicked to see her shivering with fingers digging into her arm and sweating.

Cyrena looked over and smiled like a drunk, letting her head slam back onto the bed. "I--I thought you wouldn't come."

"Of course I did." He practically falls beside her, pulling her hand away from her chest-- her wound exposed and making him pale. "Oh, Cyrena."

"That's why I-- I wanted to see you. Not gonna make it." The corners of her lips turned upwards and she squeezed her eyes shut when things got unfocused. "I'm.. Wanted to-- talk before.. I can't take it out. I'm.."

"Cyrena! Come on, keep awake." He nudged her and looked around the room, fumbling helplessly through the drawers until he found a pair of tweezers. "Keep awake."

"Mm.. Here.. Don't waste your time trying to.." She coughed and her eyes shot open from the pain.

"Damn you, Cyrena! I'm not letting you just die!" Andrew was yelling and shaking, pulling his knife out and slicing open the side of armor to see where exactly the bullet was. "Just shut up and stay awake."

"You're nice today--" Another cough and groan, watching through half open eyes as he took in a breath of relief. "What?"

"It's above your heart. Now hold on."

Andrew looked around and grabbed his machete again-- this time the blankets were objected to his abuse. "You're.. Good doctor." She giggles and watches him cut and tear at the bed until he's satisfied, returning to her with the tweezers again and a large helping of material. She was losing too much blood. "Oh, you mother fucker! No way!"

She holds her chest defensively and furrows her arched darkened brows. "No." She repeats and he glares down at her, grabbing her wrist and gaining a slap from the offending hand. "I said no!"

"Stop! I can't leave it there!" He slaps her back and forces her hand away. "Just stay still."

"I HATE you." Cyrena huffs and closes her eyes as tight as she can, beginning to feel the pressure on her wound. "I hate you!"

"Unreasonable bitch."

This gains a smile from her that barely lasts a nanosecond when he continues his prodding and poking at her until she begins cursing and hissing. "Shh, you're moving."

"You're digging a bullet out of my chest! What do you want me to do?" She growls and forces her eyes open to glare at him, hoping he'd catch fire.

"I want you to shut up." He shakes his head and narrows his eyes at the bullet, giving attempt to pull it out on first try from the yelling Cyrena. Even though it wasn’t piercing her heart the loss of blood could kill her.

She clenches her jaw shut and rakes her fingers over the remaining blanket piece, gripping at the fabric when the tweezers dig into her chest far enough to get a grip on the bullet and rip it free.

"You okay?”

She nods frantically, biting into her hand and closing her eyes again. The scream is almost deafening and makes him flinch-- the bastard bullet falling onto the bed and he rushes to press the ripped sheets onto the wound after getting a look at the damage. "The hole is small enough to singe shut but I have to clean it first." No response. "I need you to put pressure on this, come on."

He shakes her until her eyes flick open, slightly relieved she did. "What did you do?"

“Saved your life. Now hold this.” Andrew chuckles and puts her hand over the bullet hole, keeping his own there until she gained the strength to keep pressure on it herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Andrew has a really hard time being nice.