To Mend A Broken Heart

Chapter 11 - A Night To Remember

"Incoming!" Joey called out before bomb diving into the pool. The impact caused half of the water to splash onto the pavement and all over Yami and Yugi, who had luckily already jumped in.

Yugi shook the water out of his hair, scowling at Joey, "I would have thought a buffalo just jumped in," he said.

Yami laughed, "Or an oversized monkey," he added, looking over at their friend.

"Hey!" Joey said, "I heard that!" Yugi stuck his tongue out at Joey, who glared at them both. They were all in their underwear enjoying the rooftop pool that they had all to themselves, and Yugi was finding it hard not to stare at Yami. Oh man, this is harder than I thought, why does he have to be so ripped?! Yugi thought to himself, admiring Yami's abs while the man wasn't looking. Yami hadn't been to the gym in a few weeks after the Briana incident, but his aesthetics hadn't paid the price yet.

They had soon gotten bored of the pool and were lounging in the spa on the rooftop, looking out over the city. They had then decided to start a dare competition while they were in the spa.

"If only there were girls here," Joey said with a snicker, "That would make this much more interesting. Then again, Yugi doesn't need girls," he laughed. Yugi stuck his tongue out, and Joey just grinned at him. They soon gave Joey his dare and he sighed, getting out of the spa and walking over to the railing.

"Make sure it's nice and loud for the whole city to hear," Yami reminded him, watching with an amused expression as he and Yugi sat in the spa watching their friend.

Joey took a deep breath, before yelling at the top of his lungs, "MY NAME IS JOEY WHEELER AND I HAVE A HUGE VAGINA!" He yelled as his voice echoed out across the surrounding area. After a moment, they then heard a response from a few floors down.

"We already knew that!" the random voice echoed up to them. Yami and Yugi just cracked up laughing as Joey looked down over the railing, trying to find the owner of the voice. "And that my friends," Joey then said, walking back over and getting back into the spa, "Is what proves that I don't have a vagina," he said. They continued their dares until they'd ran out of ideas, also proving that none of them were 'chicken', and had soon dried off and were sitting in the penthouse, eating and joking about. Yami and Yugi decided they wanted to have a re match in Duel Monsters, and Joey wanted in as well, so they set themselves up in a 3 way duel to determine who was the best at the game.

As they were sorting each others decks, Yami spoke up. "Yugi, throw something at me," he said, still looking down at the deck he was sorting.

Without a word, Yugi grabbed a pillow and threw it straight into Yami's face, trying not to laugh at his reaction. Obviously Yami hadn't expected the pillow to hit him square in the face.

Joey was quite confused, "why are we throwing things at Yami?" he asked.

Yugi answered, still sorting Joey's cards, "He told me to throw something at him whenever he thinks of her," Yugi explained, lingering on the last word to show who he was talking about.

"Oh, okay," Joey said, realising it was a tactic to punish Yami for thinking of Briana. He picked up an empty bottle and threw it at Yami's head.

"Ow!" Yami groaned, rubbing the side of his head, "What was that for?" he turned to Joey with a glare.

"I thought I'd join in," Joey said with a grin.

Yami threw the bottle back at him, "there's a reason I asked Yugi to do that and not you," he said.

"I was just trying to help," Joey said with grin.

Yugi handed Joey's deck back to him, "See this is why we can't have nice things, because you're an idiot." Yami just laughed.

...

The three boys had stayed up until the early hours of the morning, running a muck of the penthouse and having the time of their lives in the large space. Joey had also insisted on taking advantage of the hotel's 'midnight room service', and the the three had ordered the largest plate of Nachos they could, managing to devour the whole thing. After such a big meal, they had soon collapsed on the king sized bed just after midnight and fallen asleep. Seems the room was only suited to two people, they had to share the one bed. None of them were bothered about sharing a bed, they were like three brothers; they didn't care. As for them all fitting on it, seems it was a King sized bed they thought it would be no problem.

Then again, Yami and Yugi had never shared a bed with Joey before. Yami had been in the middle, with Joey curled up on his left and Yugi peacefully sleeping on his right, and it had been comfortable.

As Yugi had been falling asleep he was very aware of Yami lying next to him, and could feel the heat radiating from his bare chest. As he was starting to get cold, he tried not to imagine what it would be like to cuddle up next to Yami, fearing that he would actually do it by accident once he was asleep. Little did he know that Yami had accidentally done the same to him the first time he had stayed at Yugi's house. The three had all managed to get to sleep pretty well, though after waking up a few times, Yami noticed that Joey was slowly taking up more and more of the bed, and this time Yami had woken to find that Joey had an arm slung across him.

With an amused chuckle, Yami lifted up Joey's arm and placed it by his side, before noticing that Yugi was almost falling off the bed as he was sleeping right on the edge. Yami tried to push Joey back so that Yugi had more room, but the man was a heavy and aggressive sleeper as Yami soon found out. After Yami had tried to push Joey back across the bed, Joey had protested with a groan, and pushed Yami in response. Yami was caught quite off guard by Joey's sudden force, and so was not able to stop himself when Joey pushed him into Yugi and they both fell off the bed in a mess of sheets and limbs. Startled, Yugi had let out a yelp of surprise when he fell off the bed, and a similar noise when Yami had landed on top of him. It was only a few seconds that the two of them were sprawled on the ground together, but it was enough to make Yugi blush. He was glad for the darkness of the room, otherwise that would have been awkward for him. Hell, it was already awkward.

Yami had let out a yelp of surprise and upon noticing he had landed on top of Yugi, he soon scrambled to his feet, looking quite flustered. The two just stayed where they were, just looking at each other for a moment, before Yugi finally spoke up.

"...What just happened?" he asked, sitting up on his elbows.

"I...don't know..." Yami said, standing in front of him. "...I tried to push Joey over cause he was taking up so much space and I think he pushed me back..."

"Geez," Yugi said, sitting up fully, "He's aggressive when he sleeps."

"Tell me about it," Yami said. He then sighed and turned around, "I think I need some fresh air..." Yugi watched as Yami walked out of the bedroom, and just saw him disappear up the stairs leading to the roof.

With a quizzical look on his face, Yugi stood up, and after a moment, decided to follow Yami.