Status: trying something new.

You & Me.

You're so ruthless, darling.

I slowly opened my eyes, staring at the ceiling. I could feel the sunlight dashing into my room, in rays. I rolled myself out of bed and walked to the kitchen to make some hot coffee for myself. Ever since I’ve moved into this apartment after my dad left, I was lonely probably more than half of the time. My best friend, Kayla moved to Los Angeles and now works as a model, and here I am, working in a small diner, and living alone in this small apartment. If I could go seven years back, everything was so different. I had my mom and dad and we were that perfect family, but everything has changed, if I ever told my 15 year old self that seven years from now I’d be living in a small apartment alone, and work in a diner I wouldn’t believe it.

I guess I didn’t imagine my future like this at all. I was expecting it to be more perfect and more eventful. I took a sip of my coffee, staring at a picture of me and my dad. I precisely remember that day; it was on a school talent show, and I won it. I remember how my dad just starting to cry out of joy and he hugged me tightly and said “I knew that you could do it, pumpkin.” I smiled, and suddenly my thoughts went to the clock.

It was already 7:30 and I had work in less than 40 minutes. I quickly ran to the bathroom and took a shower, got ready for work and left the apartment.

“Scarlet, table 6 are waiting for their order please be quick,” Rich motioned quickly, as he walked past me to take an order from another table. I was scribbling on my small notebook that I always had with me. I always thought that my dad would come back from wherever he was and I just wrote him things in that book in case I ever see him again. I nodded and took the order to table 6, I smiled at the customers and gave them their food. I went back to the counter and spotted Roslyn sitting in the bar, sipping a cold beer
“Hey Scarlet, busy night today?” She smiled at me, as I hugged her.

“Yes. God, I always hate Fridays at work. It’s so busy and crowded.” I sighed, but tried to give her a small smile. “How’re you, and Jake?” I asked, changing the subject.

“He’s doing great actually! He started working as a "replacement driver" so he can save money to get a trip to Hawaii.” I furrowed my brows in confusion.

“And what kind of job is that?” I asked.

“You know, those stupid rich people who get too drunk to drive. They call a replacement driver to drive them home.” She explained and I nodded my head. “but anyways, he's been doing great after our little vacation to California,” she winked, and I immediately shook my head laughing, “he’s been with me every single day.”

“What did you exactly do to him in that hotel room, Roslyn?” I laughed, “Seriously, every time he comes here, he’d ask if you came or not.”

“Well if you insist,” she smirked, “So remember that movie we watched in the room during high school? About that woman who was seducing her PE teacher?”

“Oh god, no no no.” I shook my head, “I changed my mind, I don’t want to know any of this.” I said, with a disgusted look on my face. She laughed.

“Anyway, wanna grab some Chinese food and watch a movie at your place tonight?” As much as that sounded so perfect, I said “ugh, I wish. I have to wake up early tomorrow to babysit the Johnsons’ baby.”

She pouted her lips and I laughed. “Next time, I promise.”

“C’mon, Scarlet. You literally work every single day of the week and you never have any time to have some fun, you’re too young for this.” She said, “At least just fo-“ her phone started ringing, and the Caller ID said that it was Jake. I winked at her and walked to the kitchen waving goodbye. I glanced at the clock, it was 7pm, and my shift is now done. I sighed in relief, taking off my apron and washed my hands. I said my goodbyes to everyone in the kitchen and stepped outside as the warm air lightly hit me. I took a taxi back home and couldn’t wait to throw myself in bed. Before I could even get out of the cab to walk to my apartment, I got a call. I checked the caller ID and it was Roslyn.

“Yes, Roslyn?” I sighed.

“Hey Scarlet I need your help. Jake's boss just called and they need a replacement driver to that bar right next to your apartment.” She explained, “And well.... Uh, can you take Jake's place to drive someone from the bar to their house? It's only one person.” I groaned loudly, getting out of the cab and paying the driver.

“Roslyn. I'm only doing this for you. But you owe me.” I heard her laugh.

“Ah! You're seriously the best Scarlet. And yes of course, I'll give you anything you want.” Before I could even say a word she said her goodbyes and hung up. I sighed and made my way to the bar. I never really went down there, considering that it's a few blocks away from my apartment. I wasn't a drinker and I hated even the smell of alcohol. I stared at the entrance and there was a guy standing there wearing a suit. He looked like he was looking around for a car. He stood there with a girl, I guessed that she was a prostitute from the way she's been touching him everywhere and the way she was dressed. I looked at him once again, and he was flirting with her. I rolled my eyes as I walked towards them. God, Roslyn owes me so much. He was tall, had brown short hair and I could see the outline of his face in the dim lights. He had green eyes, the kind that can make a girl fall for him in a moment. But I wasn't feeling anything towards him.

“Excuse me? I.. I think you called for a replacement driver?” I asked him as he looked at me.

“Yeah. Who are you?” From the way he was talking to me I figured that he was that type of rich, careless Californian people. I sighed trying to be calm.

“I'm the driver.” I scoffed, trying not to sound as rude as he was.

“Oh, I wasn't aware that women also had this kind of job.” He smirked shamelessly, but I only gave him a look. “Here.” He threw the car keys to me rudely and started walking towards the car with the girl following him.

I starting driving, as I tried not to care about all the kissing happening in the back of the car. But I couldn't, it was too distracting and I had to drive.

“Save it for the hotel room.” I said, “It's too distracting. I can't even drive.” I rolled my eyes.

“And who are you to say that!?” the woman who was all over him talked. I said nothing.

“Please continue driving.” The green eyed guy said, as he grabbed the girl and started kissing her again. I couldn't take it anymore, he was being too rude and honestly I'm not letting him go with the impression that I'm the kind of girl who shuts up and doesn't say a word. I stopped the car on the sideway, surprising them both.

“What the hell do you think you're doing?” The guy said, getting angry.

“Oh. So now you're talking. I told you I'm not driving this car if you guys keep doing what you're doing back there.” I went out of the car, grabbing my bag. I didn't know how I was going to get home but one thing I knew was that I was not going to drive that ignorant guy to his destination.

“Hey, you!” I heard him shout, getting out of the car. I turned around rolling my eyes. “Do you think you can just stop the car and leave? Your job was to drive us to the hotel.” He said, and I continued walking, without turning around. I heard him running and suddenly he grabs my wrists and my face was only inches away from his. I try to pull myself but I couldn't, he was too strong and I was too tired.

“I can make you want me right now. Don't let me do it.” He whispered smirking, and I could feel his breath. Staring closely at his eyes, they had a golden outline, and light green in the middle. “But I know you wouldn't want that. So drive the car, and take me to that damn hotel.” I pulled my arm away from him.

“I'm sorry to disappoint you, mister. But I will never fall for someone like you even in a million years. Even if you begged.” I rolled my eyes but he only chuckled. “This isn't funny, because it's true. I bet that poor girl in the car is gonna wake up tomorrow morning with an empty side of the bed, because you'd leave, right?” I waited for an answer but he just stared at me. “Whatever.” I turned around to walk.

“Oh, I forgot one thing.” I stopped, “I drove half the way, so that would be 50 bucks.” I put my hand in front of him, waiting for him to give me the money. If he was going to act like this towards me, that's what I'm gonna do too. He looked at me, and chuckled.

“So you're that type of girl then.” He laughed, and I gave him a confused look. “The type that makes guys hate themselves for being with someone like you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please please please, comment and subscribe! I just started this and I would really really like some feedback!