Status: trying something new.

You & Me.

My heart calls for you, darling.

John.

After taking a little over 15 minutes trying to find the right house that Shay told me about in the unfamiliar streets and neighborhoods, I finally spotted it and stopped my van. I stood, resting my back against the van, trying to breathe in some fresh air noticing that it was getting dark already. I needed a proper bed to spend the night in, and I needed at least a ten hours sleep. But I knew that I wouldn't be able to even close my eyes even if I was tired. Guilt was killing me; I knew that I promised Joseph not to tell anybody that he was doing his surgery tonight but I felt like I was doing something wrong. Like I was preventing his family from at least most probably spending their last minutes with him. They could've said goodbye in a proper way, and at least they would've been ready. I had no idea what to expect in the morning, but I was too nervous about it. I shook my thoughts away as I walked towards the front door, knocking.

“Hey I was-” Shay put her finger on her lips, shushing me as soon as she opened the door. I gave her a confused look as she leaded me inside to the living room. I dug my hands into my pockets following her. I spotted Scarlet and Ben cuddled in a sofa together, both of them sleeping peacefully. A smile crept on my lips as I looked at her; her eyes shut, her breath falling slowly and her hands were lightly clutched into her chest as if she was protecting something or herself.

“I wanted to wake her up so she can get into the bedroom, but I couldn't do it.” Shay whispered, smiling towards them. “She just looked too tired and I didn't want to wake her up.” She folded her hands into her chest, and my eyes moved back to Scarlet. This was the first time I ever see her sleeping this peacefully. I couldn't resist moving my eyes away, and all I wanted to do was lay right next to her forever.

“Wanna help me a little?” I was taken back to reality as Shay pointed at Ben. “I can handle Ben, I'll take him to his room. Can you take her to the guests room? It's right there.” She said nodding towards the bedroom. I nodded my head, I walked lightly trying not to make a sound with my shoes. My hands slowly touched her back, and legs and she wrapped her arms around my neck, still asleep. Her face dug into my chest and I could feel her hot breath. As I slowly carried her to the room, I placed a light kiss on her hair, breathing in her sweet scent. I tried my best to quietly place her body in the bed, and wrapped a warm blanket around her shivering body. I sat down by the bed, and I could barely see her in the darkness but the moonlight crept into the room from the windows as it illuminated down on her skin. Somehow, just looking at her made me feel warm inside, like everything around me was okay and I didn't have to worry about anything at all. She made me feel more of the person I wanted to be but was always scared of being. I never felt this way towards anyone, my entire life. I never knew what love meant and I wasn't even planning on knowing it at all. I hated believing in love stories and I hated how love was always so overrated. I guess I never knew what it felt like until now. This moment.

I quietly made my steps towards the door, and slowly shut it behind me. I walked into the kitchen, allowing myself to have a glass of water.

“I never thought she'd fall asleep in the first place.” Shay whispered, slowly shutting Ben's bedroom door behind her. “She couldn't stop thinking about her dad.”

“I guess that's good for her now,” I said, taking a sip from my glass. “I mean.. that she's asleep. At least she can get some rest and not over think..” I rubbed the back of my head, trying not to act like I was hiding something from her. I couldn't stop thinking about Joseph because I knew that while we were here, he was in the middle of a surgery that could define if he can live or not. I hated the fact that I was hiding this from them but I knew that it was for the best.

“Yeah..” She said, “I'll go get some rest now, and you should do that yourself. I mean... if you're uncomfortable with sleeping in the same bed as Scarlet, I can open up the room upstairs..”

“No, no. It's fine you don't have to.” I smiled, “I'll figure something out.”

“Okay..” she folded her hands, “I'll see you tomorrow. We gotta get to the hospital first thing in the morning. This is the first time I leave him without company in the hospital..” She looked at the ground, and I could see so much worry in her, I guess that's why he didn't want me to tell them anything about his surgery. Maybe it's because he didn't want them to constantly get scared and worry about him all the time. He wanted comfort for them and I was trying to help him...

“Anyways, goodnight.” She picked her head up and smiled.

“Goodnight.” I said as I saw her walk upstairs. I washed the glass as I kept it back to its place. I leaned into the counter feeling frustrated and like my head was about to explode from all the thoughts going on inside my mind. I didn't know what to expect tomorrow, and I just hoped for the better. I knew that if I kept over thinking this way, it wouldn't change the situation or even make it better. So I decided to shut my head and sleep. For a moment, I knew that I wasn't going to sleep anywhere next to Scarlet because I didn't want to make it look strange when she wakes up in the morning. I looked around the living room and noticed how big the sofa was, and I was sure I could crash there for the rest of the night. I looked for a blanket and a pillow from the cupboard and threw myself into the couch. Staring at the ceiling, my thoughts killing me; I suddenly heard someone screaming. I quickly jumped from my place trying to find where was the sound coming from. I approached Scarlet's room and the sound was getting louder. I pushed the door open and switched on the lights running towards her bed. She was screaming her eyes out and tears were falling down her face thoroughly.

“Calm down. Please, I'm here. I'm here,” I pulled her into my chest and she kept screaming, fighting me and trying to push me away. “I'm here. It's John, it's me. It was just a nightmare. I'm right here.” I said trying my best to calm her down. Her face was red and that was when she looked at my eyes, noticing that this was reality. Her cries were slowly decreasing as she tried to let out an even breath. Without any words, she fell down into my chest, crying softly. “Hey, shhhh. It's okay, I promise..” I slowly rubbed her back, comforting her.

“I don't want him to die.” She sobbed into my arms, “I had- I had a nightmare that he died. I don't want him to die.” She cried harder, and I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't look at her crying like this. I pulled her face, making her look at me. She stopped talking, and her eyes were looking into mine.

“He won't. Nothing will happen to him, I promise you. He's just as strong as you are and I know that he won't give up easily.” I said, my voice above a whisper. I felt like I was lying to her; but I honestly don't know what to expect tomorrow. She kept looking at me, and my fingers slowly tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. Her eyes locked into mine, it felt like our moment froze, right there. I slowly grabbed her face, leaning in and as I attached my lips to hers I felt fireworks all around us. My entire body shivered at her touch and she pulled me closer to her body. Our tongues met and with my eyes closed I could see it all. I was constantly running away from the fact that I'm in love with her. I never thought I would live to the day where I find someone I feel like I should spend my entire life with. But with her lips crashed into mine at this moment, that's exactly what I thought. I could see us together, and I could see her mine.

She pulled away softly, looking at the ground.

“I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that.” She whispered, biting her lower lip.

“Why?” I asked. She picked her head up and looked at me once again. But this time I could see something else in her eyes.

“I- I don't know.”

“Look at me.” I whispered, my gaze never leaving hers, “Scarlet, I don't know if this is quite the right timing to say this but I don't care. I don't want to care about anything else right now but this.” I pulled her hands and squeezed them as they laid on her lap. “I never thought I'd say this but now, I am sure of it. I know that this is what I want.” She looked at me curiously as I continued, “I love you. So much. You probably won't believe me.. I... I know but Scarlet.” My fingers moved to her soft cheeks, “Maybe it took me a long time to realize that I am truly in love with you.. I don't know if you feel the same way b-but this is how I feel and I just.... I just thought I'd tell you.” I let out a breath, feeling like the ton of bricks were finally taken away from my back. I looked at her waiting for some kind of answer. Anything. I wanted her to speak, tell me what she feels. I let go of her hands and rub the back of my neck. “I'm sorry-- I probably shouldn't have said-” She pulls me forcefully and attached her lips into mine, making those sparks run up and down my spine. I could feel her pulling me closer and making me want her more than anything the more she pulled me into her body. We let go to catch breath and she leans her forehead into mine, smiling.

“I thought you said you'd never fall in love with me.” She whispered and I could feel her breath against my skin, “Even after a million years,

I let out a chuckle, pulling her into my chest as I rubbed her back. I placed a kiss on her hair.

“Well I'm breaking that promise now.” I smiled to myself, and I could feel her little hands wrapping around my torso.

“I love you too, John.” She whispered into my shirt, and at that moment I knew that this was the start of something I've always wanted.

----------

Scarlet.

I walk into a funeral home, and in front of me lies my dad's body.

“He's gone.” I hear a whisper behind me. I turn around. Nothing and nobody was there. He's gone, he's gone, he's gone. The voice kept speaking, louder every time. I couldn't take it anymore, I cover my ears and run towards his body. I clutch into his hands, crying.

“Wake up. Please.” I want to scream, but it feels like someone was holding my throat and preventing me from screaming. My throat hurts, and tears are swelling up in my eyes. “Don't leave me. Wake up. Please.” My voice is only above a whisper but I keep trying as I choke on every word I say. It's like being chocked by someone and you're trying to let go. I can't breathe, I pull into him and try to scream. Louder, louder, louder.


“Wake up! Wake up.” My screams are louder now, and instead of being in that funeral home. I'm in the bed, and John is trying to say something. At first I don't know where I am and I don't know what I'm doing. He pulled me into his chest and my entire face was sweating as I cried into his shirt. This is the second time tonight. I've been having the same exact nightmare, twice. I slowly tried to stop screaming, breathing in and out. Making sure I'm awake.

“You're here, it's alright. You're okay.” John whispered into my hair, rubbing my back.

“This is- it's the second time.” I choked on my words, still trying to steady my breath. “He-he's dead and I.... I couldn't help him.” I cried, my eyes tired.

“Hey. It's okay. I'm still here, and I will stay. Just try to breathe okay?” He pulled my face, looking into my eyes as he spoke. I was seeing another different face of him. The face that I always knew he had but never showed to anyone. The way he looked at me; it made me feel important. I noticed how the corner of his eyes twinkled whenever he smiled at me, his face only inches away from mine. I accepted him, because I knew that he was telling the truth. I accepted him because I knew that I felt the same way. I was just lying to myself all this time.

I closed my eyes one more time and I laid on the bed, leaning my head into John's chest.

“I want to go and see him tomorrow, okay?” I asked.

“You will. I promise.” He whispered, playing with my hair softly. I closed my eyes one more time, hoping for sleep to come back, so I can rest my head for a moment. “I love you Scarlet.” I heard him whisper and before I could reply, sleep filled my lids and I went away in moments.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise!!!!! Wow who would've thought that so many things could happen in one chapter! I feel like I wrote too much but I'm sick of writing those filler chapters and leave you guys with them. I don't know why but I feel like I kinda over-wrote??? tell me about your opinions in the comments please!!! I have a feeling this story is going to be a long one because I keep getting soooo many ideas and ah it's so great!!