Status: trying something new.

You & Me.

Where were you?

I quickly I made my way to my apartment’s door, taking out the keys from my purse but something grabbed my attention. A piece of paper was lying on the ground, right next to my door. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and took the paper. I looked at the address:
Boston Medical Center.
840. Harrison Ave, Boston.

I opened the letter, as I stood by the door and started reading, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Dear Scarlet,

I've been gone for so long, maybe for so long that you probably forgot about me. But as I write this to you, I'm laying on a hospital's bed, slowly dying. I've been diagnosed with lung cancer, and my surgery is in a week. I can hardly put this into words, but god I've missed you so much. You were the only thing that was left of your mother's smell, and you were the reason I left. I left because every single day, you'd look and act like your mom and it hurts me so much to see her in you. I couldn't go on a day without thinking of her and it was because of you. I still blame myself for everything I've done. If I didn't let her drive there at 3 in the morning she wouldn't swerve and lose control of the car, but I let her go without even asking and I'm the reason behind her death. You're my only hope right now scarlet. I regret leaving, because I can't take a day without you here. I made a mistake and I want to fix it. I need you, pumpkin. I need to hug you and hold you for at at lease one last time.

My life wasn't the same ever since I left you. I married a woman, and I have a five year old baby now. God, he has your perfect blue eyes and he'd always remind me of you. I found a job, I moved on but a part of me never did. it was always stuck with you. I need you more than anyone Scarlet, please come to Boston as soon as possible. I don't want to die without seeing you. Please. I love you so much sweetheart. I kept a another address in this envelope, I want you to go there, and meet the only person who knows I'm in Boston. Mr. O'Callaghan. He'll know what to do and how to send you to Boston without telling anyone, just make sure to tell him that you're my daughter. I need you here okay? I love you.

-Your dad.


I felt the tears rush into my eyes, as the paper fell from my hand.
I felt like my knees were shaking and everything around me went black, he can't do this to me. He can't just leave for seven years and then sends me a letter saying that he's dying. I don't want to drive to Boston to see him dying. I don't want to do this, any of this. I didn't know what to do, but I just started running. I ran down the stairs leaving the building. I just ran and ran not knowing where to go, tears were streaming down my face as I cried. I sat on a bench outside my apartment, thinking of what to do as I tried to stop myself from crying. I had to find Mr. O'Callaghan. I took out the letter from my bag and read it again, looking for some kind of clue of the address or anything that had to do with Mr. O'Callaghan. I found a small paper inside the envelope that had an address. I knew this place, it was thirty minutes away from my apartment. I looked for my phone inside my bag and suddenly remembered that I forgot it in that man's car.

“Fuck.” I mumbled to myself not knowing what to do. I remembered the name of the hotel I was supposed to drive them to and quickly took another taxi making my way to the hotel, thinking of some kind of excuse for the guy to give me his car keys, so I can get my phone.

My thoughts went to my dad, and how he left me when I was only fourteen with the excuse that I was constantly reminding him of my mom. I hated myself so much for so many years because I thought I was the one who made him go away from me. I've always loved my dad and I've always knew that someday he'll come back. Just... I never thought he'd come back like this. In a really bad condition and it made me so angry.

~~~~

John.

I stared out the huge hotel window, wearing only my robe.

“I bet that poor girl in the car is gonna wake up tomorrow morning with an empty side of the bed, because you'd leave, right?” The words the girl said to me couldn't leave my mind, because even though I hated to admit it but she was right. Is this what I really want to do? Spend every night with a girl I just met in a hotel room and leave in the morning? Suddenly the phone started ringing, I sighed and answered.

“Hello?”

“Sir, I know that you said you didn't want any trouble but there's a girl here and she's been trying to get to you.” The receptionist said, “I told her that she can't talk to you but she won't leave until she talks to you.” I heard someone pull the phone from the receptionist cursing at him.

“I need my phone. I left my phone in your car. Can I please get it? Please.” It was that rude girl who didn't drive us to the hotel, I let out a laugh.

“What if I say no?” I smirked, “You know I've got better things to do right now.” I heard her let out a groan.

“It's for something urgent. Please.” I realized that she wasn't being rude or competitive as she talked through the phone. I wasn't sure what was exactly going on.

“No.” I blurted out and hung up the phone before she said another word. I heard Rachel coming out of the toilet. The tall, brunette girl I met at the bar just tonight was standing in front of me, half naked. Something was telling me that I was doing something wrong, and it was strange. I felt guilt rushing into me the more I made my steps towards Rachel as she stripped from her dress. I started trailing kisses down her neck. As I kissed Rachel, all I could think of was the girl who's waiting for her phone, how she talked to me. Her voice seemed hurt, as if something bad happened. I thought to myself for a moment, what the fuck am I doing? I'm not supposed to think of her. Why am I thinking of her? I'm supposed to be rude to her just like she was rude to me.

“Hey.” Rachel whispered cupping my cheeks, “Are you okay? You look like your mind is somewhere else.”

“No. No. I'm okay.” I smiled at her, kissing her again, she leaded me to the bed, her hands touching the tip of my robe; ready to remove it. I quickly moved her hands away and stood away from her. I ran my hands through my hair.

“What's wrong? You're definitely not okay.” She stood up walking to me.

“Uh, I just remembered that I have to go see my family tonight.” That's a lie, I told myself. But I had to leave. “I'm sorry, I'll call you tomorrow okay?” I quickly rushed into the toilet to change back into my clothes and walked down to the hotel lobby. For some reason I thought that the girl would probably be waiting for me to come out, but instead there was no one there. I walked outside, to the parking lot and to be surprised I spotted the girl trying some kind of way to open the car and get her phone. “What the fuck do you think you're doing?!” I walked towards her shouting, “Do you want to get arrested for trying to break into someone's car?”

“I said I wanted my phone.” She kept her eyes on the floor, away from me. “Just give me my phone.”

“I'm not giving it to you prior to how you were treating me earlier.” I crossed my arms, looking uninterested.

“Fucking listen to me.” She pulled the collar of my shirt and I could see her face clearly, there were tears in her eyes. “Please don't think that everyone lives the perfect life like you. Some people suffer and they work day and night for a living and you just fuck around with girls every night, buying fancy clothes and expensive cars.” I could see her gritting her teeth in such anger. I kept quiet, unbelievably amazed by her reactions. “Stop fucking around, and give. me. the. damn. phone.” I pulled myself away from her. I wanted to do something, anything that would piss her off but something was making me feel pitiful towards her. I've never felt sorry or bad for anyone ever before, this just wasn't me. I grabbed my keys out of my pockets and opened the car as she quickly took her phone.

“I hope this is the last time I see you in my unpleasant life.” She said, looking at me in the eyes. As she walked away from me, I was speechless. I've never seen someone as determined and as strong as this woman. She was different than any other girl, and it made me think a lot. I lit my cigarette, leaning into my car.

“John. Why can't you stop thinking of her? She was rude to you, there's nothing to like about her.” A voice kept repeatedly talking in my head. But another voice told me to follow her. She had crystal blue eyes, long slim body, and perfect black hair that falls over her shoulders. She was beautiful. No. No. John, stop. She was rude to you, plus she hates you already. Stop. Thinking.

I felt like my brain was about to explode so I quickly finished off my cigarette and got into the car, making my way to my parents house
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd update this story. I hope this is great! Please, comment letting me know about your thoughts!
do you think John is starting to fall for Scarlet?