Status: trying something new.

You & Me.

The end of a beginning.

Eight months later

John

Being home from tour always felt bitter and sad. Of course I'd feel happy to be hanging out with my family and friends again. At some point though I'd get bored of it and want to go back on the road again. But it was different this time. I was seeing her for the first time in two months. My eyes longed to see her and I craved the touch of her delicate soft skin. I haven't missed someone this much in forever and I could feel the excitement bursting out of me.

The moment my car parked by our apartment, I rushed with my suitcase right to the door, unlocking it with all my force and walking inside.

“John.” She breathed, a smile creeped to her lips as she ran into my arms. I hugged her, tightly.

“I missed you so fucking much.” I spoke, our foreheads touching. She didn't respond but only attached her lips to mine. God I've missed her kisses so much. Everything around me didn't matter as I held her. She let out a laugh when she noticed I was about to remove her shirt.

“Not so fast, Johnny boy.” She smirked in between our kisses as I put my hands under her knees, raising her from the ground. She let out a laugh, exposing her dimples and her beautiful teeth.

“You know I can't resist you.” I whispered.

“Mmm.” She said sensuously, wrapping her arms around my neck. “I was just about to go to bed,” She spoke letting go. I carried her to the room as we both threw ourselves into the bed. I stared at the clock that hung on the wall and couldn't believe my eyes when I noticed that it was 3am.

We stayed silent for a moment as we lay on the bed facing each other. Her beauty was something out of this place. Her hair was a rich shade of dark brown. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes, were as deep as the ocean and seemed to brighten the world. A straight nose, full lips - she seemed the picture of perfection. I was too lucky to have someone like her, and if I could stare at her all day I would never get sick of it.

“What are you thinking of?” She whispered softly, looking into my eyes.

“That I'm the luckiest man alive to have someone so beautiful like you.” I answered, smiling. Her lips spread and I could see her blushing.

She smiled at me and turned her head facing the ceiling.

“How did we end up here?” She spoke, “I feel like a completely different person, but in a good way you know?” I nodded my head. “If you asked me a year ago if I'll ever be living with you and also carrying your baby I would look at you like you're insane.” She chuckled softly and the corner of her eyes formed little twinkles as she smiled. “I'm so happy, John.”

“I'm happy too.” I said, “Scarlet I want this baby to live an amazing life. I want us to be the perfect parents for him.”

“We will be.” She whispered, holding my cheeks.

“And also I'd probably teach him to watch hockey with me too.” I chuckled and I looked at her stomach. Her shirt fell in folds around a bump on her stomach. She held her hands around it, cradling it like she would hold the baby within. It was larger than I expected and I felt so overwhelmed. I softly let my hand raise her shirt up, to be able to touch her stomach.

“Hey there little buddy,” I whispered, my hands softly touching her skin. “It's me, your dad.” I felt shivers running down my spine as I spoke. It all felt unreal, and too hard to believe. “We'll be meeting soon and in a few months you'll be living in this world with us. Mommy and I are so excited to see you. I'm sure you have your mom's beautiful eyes.” I looked up at her and she was smiling, happy tears forming in her eyes. “I'll take good care of you. I'll take good care of all of us.” I spoke in a raspy voice. My hands cupped her cheeks and I planted a soft peck on her lips.

“I love you, Scarlet. I promise you the life you've always wanted. I promise to stay right here with you until the end of time.”

She didn't say a word as her body got closer to mine, I wrapped my arms around her waist as she rested her head on my chest. I softly played with her hair staring at the ceiling and the content smile couldn't leave my face at all.

I learned that our story is never going to end. I learned that our love was so strong that nobody could ever break it and I learned that there was a part of me that will forever belong to her. Only her. Even when I'm buried under the ground and my flesh turns into stone. I am, and will always be deeply in love with Scarlet Young and this was just the beginning of our journey.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cannot believe that this story is finally over!!!!! I am so so so so happy with all the feedback and every comment that I've got. This is my first time finishing an actual story and who knows, I might even write an entire sequel ;-)! But in all seriousness, I feel really good about this story and I enjoyed writing every single chapter and I hope you enjoyed reading it! Tell me about your opinion on the end of the story!? I'd love to read feedback! Love you guys and thank you again!