Status: trying something new.

You & Me.

Drown with me.

John.

“Come with me.” Scarlet pulled my hands as she allowed me into the van, her blue eyes burned into my eyes lustfully. “If I ask you for one thing right now. Would you do it?” I nodded my head, staring at her. “Then kiss me.” She said but before I got a chance to do anything her soft lips were already crashed into mine. She let out a whimper making me want her more than anything. I pressed my lips to her jaw, followed by her neck, and I continued moving down, dragging my teeth over her collarbone.

“John.” I heard someone yelling, “Wake up. John! Wake up.” My eyes slowly opened and Scarlet stood there, her hands folded laughing.

“What's so funny?” I asked rubbing my tired eyes.

“Well, first you were like kissing the air, and second you were obviously having the time of your life. It looks like someone had a wet dream last night.” She let out a laugh as my eyes widened. She saw everything.

“Shut up.” I grabbed a small stone from the ground, throwing it towards her as she pushed herself away.

“Man, it looks like you really do miss those one night stands. I am actually pretty impressed that you slept through the night without some random girl totally naked by your side.” She smirked as I rolled my eyes. “Come on, get up. We need to get some breakfast because I am starving.” That's when I realized that we haven't ate anything since yesterday. I could feel my stomach eating up itself from how hungry I was. She walked to the van waiting for me, I picked up the blankets and noticed the fire was already dead. I ran a hand through my greasy hair thinking that I could use a long shower right now. Breathing in the cold air, I noticed how the van was parked literally in the middle of nowhere and I would definitely have a hard time finding the right lane. I walked towards the drivers seat and Scarlet looked at me.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow.

“You've got uh-” she pointed a finger to my forehead and I quickly remembered that I still had red lipstick all over my forehead. I groaned loudly and heard Scarlet letting out a laugh as she handed me some tissues.

“How'd you sleep last night?” She asked me, probably trying to make a conversation. I stared at her with the corner of my eyes, rubbing off the lipstick from my forehead.

“Comfortably.” I said, not looking at her, “At least you weren't there to bother me.”

“That's good.” she said looking away. I noticed how she didn't argue or say anything that could make me angry, I raised my eyebrows not believing what I'm looking at.

“Well someone's in a good mood today,” I threw the tissues out and made sure my face was clean as I buckled in my seat and pulled the ignition to the old van.

“Don't ruin my vibes, O'Callaghan.” She murmured, smiling.

“Oh why would I?” I said sarcastically, “I like this kind of Scar.”

She didn't reply to what I said but instead turned up the stereo and Jimmy Eat World started playing. I spotted her softly singing along as she started looking through the group of tossed things all over the van. I kept my eyes on the road trying to find the right street so we can grab some breakfast and continue driving.

“Oh look at that!” She pulled a Polaroid camera that she found probably tossed down by one of the guys or something. “Why won't you smile? Let me take a picture of that charming smile of yours. And let's not forget the good looks you have.” I let out a laugh and pointed a finger at how sarcastic she sounded. But I did what I was told, I turned to face her and smiled from ear to ear with a thumbs up. She took the picture and it slowly showed up.

“I'm such a great photographer.” she praised herself looking at the picture smiling. That second, just for once a thought ran through my head. What would happen if Scarlet kissed me back last night? I was just acting flirtatiously to pretend winning her just to piss her off, but I knew that she was too smart to let it go. But another side of me said that I should kiss her, more like a lover. Or someone who appreciates her so much. I shook my head letting go of my thoughts. A silence got into the both of us, she was playing around with her hair and I was quiet.

Keeping an eye on the track, I realized that I was now driving correctly and in a few minutes I can be able to stop and grab some breakfast from a small restaurant nearby.

“Ah fucking finally.” She murmured noticing how we were getting close to the restaurant.

Slowing down I took a right, driving to the tiny diner we spotted. I've never been this hungry in such a long time, I thought. I pulled over and parked the van and before I even turned my head towards the passenger seat Scarlet was already walking to the diner. I sighed, smiling at how naive she looked skipping her way to the entrance like a six year old.

“You look like a fucking child, do you know that?” I said running towards an excited Scarlet who was staring at the menu, trying to decide what to eat.

“Mmm, some bacon would be perfect right now. What do you think?” She raised her head, and for the first time ever I realized that she actually cared about my opinion and something else was just different, something that I liked. Her blue eyes didn't look sad anymore and despite the lack of sleep we both got last night there wasn't any black spots under her eyes and she looked... happy. I smiled crookedly, nodding my head. “Annnd some of this and that too.” she pointed, “Oh! and this one too.” I laughed shaking my head. The waitress made her way towards us as we got ready to order.

“What would you like to order ma'am?” the waitress looked over Scarlet as she gave her the order. I got my phone out of my pockets going through my missed calls and texts.

Call me as soon as you see this.

It was my dad, and a gutted feeling was telling me that it was no good news.

“Whats up, O'Callaghan?” I raised my head looking at Scarlet who kept two hands on her cheeks and leaned into the table facing me. “Your smile suddenly faded while you were looking at your phone. Is it your girlfriend?” She smirked.

“That is non of your business.” I mumbled and she groaned.

“Now, please. Tell me who's the rude one here.” She folded her hands.

“But you're being nosy, there's a difference.”

“Whatever.”

I had to call my dad as soon as possible, I had to find out what is happening, so I quickly got up and told Scarlet I'm going to the toilet.

“Hello? John?”

“Yes. Dad, it's me.” I answered.

“Where have you reached? How long is it going to take you to get to Boston?” my dad asked, and I could feel the worry in his tune, as if we have to be quick.

“We're in Texas, but we'll be leaving in a few. We stopped for breakfast.” I explained, “Is there anything wrong, dad?” I asked, trying to sound as calm as I could.

“I'm afraid there is. I got a call from the medical center. He... he can't wait any longer. They start his surgery in less than two days.” He sighed into the phone and I didn't know how are we going to get there on time. From a distance I could see Scarlet, nibbling at her food innocently. She didn't look mad at all, in fact she was way far from mad. I didn't know what I'll have to do to tell her.

“John?”

“Yea-yeah, I'm with you dad. We have nothing to do, we'll have to tell her. I'm sure he'll be out of the surgery just fine when we get there.” I forced a smile as Scarlet looked towards me, waving a hand.

“Be careful on the road son.” My dad said as I ended the phone call walking towards the table.

“Who was that?” She asked, food all over her mouth. I shook my head as I started eating.

“This is so good.” I said with a mouthful of bacon, trying to change the subject but I clearly failed because Scarlet dropped her food and looked at me as if she was staring right into my soul.

“There's something you're trying to hide, isn't it?” She asked.

“I don't know..” I gave up, letting out a frustrated sigh, “I don't know what happened, but my dad said he wasn't in a good condition and.... And they can't wait on you anymore. The surgery...” her eyes widened, and I could see them watering, “It-It's in less than two days.” Her jaw clenched and she said nothing. She stood up and I could see so much anger in her moves. She walked outside the diner leaving me alone. I closed my eyes. What the hell did I just do?

I paid the waitress and quickly ran to the van looking for Scarlet but to my surprise she wasn't there. I ran a hand through my hair frustratedly, where could have she gone to? Walking everywhere; from the restaurant to the supermarket and even in the parking lot but she was nowhere to be found. A moment later, I spotted her sitting on the sideway of the road, her knees were close to her chest. My heart fluttered as I made my steps forward not knowing what to expect at all.

“I don't think sitting here can be the solution for what you're going through right now.” I spat, allowing myself to sit next to her.

“Then let me ask you a question.” She raised her head, her eyes squinted as the sun lightly hit over us. She wasn't crying but I knew that all she wanted was just burst into tears. “Imagine your dad going through this.. What would you do?” she looked at me, waiting for my answer. I honestly had nothing to say and it killed me, because I was trying my best to help her.

“See?” She said after a moment of silence. “It's funny how the last time I saw him was seven years ago and look at me now.” She looked away, “Driving for 40 hours just to see him and I'm putting myself through all of this shit.” A part of me wanted to wrap my hands around her, hug her and tell her everything's gonna be alright eventually. But I stopped myself and kept her going.

“Does he even care to at least think of me? Or is he too busy trying to be happy with the family he formed.” she let out a bitter chuckle, running a hand through her hair, “Ever since he sent me that letter I knew that I shouldn't go for it. I shouldn't have decided to go to Boston. I should've ignored everything, I should have went on with my life and I should've forgot about it.”

“I'm so fucking stupid. I fuck up every single time I try. There's no use, I'm not going anymore. I wanna go home.” She said, turning her entire body to face me.
“Please. Just- just take me back home.” She was holding back her tears and I could see it. She was trying to look strong in front of me but what she doesn't know is that she's just breaking herself slowly.
“He probably hates me so much right now,” she looked at her feet, “I ruined everything once again and I won't see him before the surgery.”

“You're so fucking wrong, you know.” My voice was above a whisper, gruff from speaking so lowly. “Look at me. Scar. Just look at me.” After a moment she picked her head up and looked at me, my eyes scooped, staring directly into hers. Even if she wanted to look away; she wouldn't be able to do that.

“When you stopped the car that day..” I said, remembering the first time we met, “I thought to myself ‘Shit, this woman is fucking stubborn’” She looked at me curiously, “I thought that you can do anything you want without putting much effort into it. You know why? Because you're stronger than anyone I've ever met my entire life. And I am saying the truth right now.” She looked at me, probably surprised by my words as I kept going, “So let's fucking do it because you are strong. You will meet your dad at his best state after the surgery, I promise.” She forced a weak smile and I smiled back putting my hand up for her to take it. “Now let's go.” I said, smiling as she took my hand and we both stood up.

“You don't seem like a bad person at all, O'Callaghan.” She raised her head up, smiling.

“You're not bad as well.” I smiled lightly, knowing that the person who was talking to me right now is a totally different Scarlet. A Scarlet that I liked more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey. Hi. Hello. This is an update, let me know what you think would ya? Thanks for being awesome.