Sequel: The Masked Feelings
Status: I will try to update as often as possible, it will be updated at least weekly.

A Heart Full of Emptiness

Chapter 16: Please Don't Leave Us

I sighed as I looked around my living room. I had a few of Cris's things lying around in random places, giving the room a slightly messy look. I shook my head as I looked down at the papers that I had before me. The confirmation of my pregnancy. I flicked through the pages for about the one hundredth time today. There was no denying it. I was pregnant, and I had to tell Cris. I couldn't lie to him about something as big as pregnancy. I ran a stressed hand through my hair, considering all of the possible outcomes. He could order me to have an abortion, but that's unlikely because he doesn't agree with that. He could tell me that he wanted nothing to do with the child. Or he could tell me that this was perfect and that he was happy for us. I smiled at my last thought, praying that this would be how he would react. I heard Cris walk through the door as I raised my head to meet his eyes. This was it. No going back now.

"You said that we needed to talk?" Cris half asked, half stated. I smiled at him weakly as he sat down on the sofa opposite me.
"There's no easy way of saying this Cris. But first of all please don't be mad." I began as Cris looked at me with fear painted on his face. "Recently I've been feeling tired, and then a few days ago I've been throwing up. I went to the doctors today, and they checked me over... I-I'm pregnant!" I stuttered as I watched Cris's jaw open wide. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat waiting for a reaction.
"What? A-are you sure?" Cristiano asked me in a shaky tone. I nodded and handed him the papers in my hand. He read them over and let out a long sigh before returning his attention to me. I was waiting for him to say something, but as his mouth opened he fell short of words. I sighed, frustration starting to kick in.
"Please, just say something." I pleaded in a bitter tone. Cristiano flinched at the harshness of my voice, and I could see the fire ignite in his eyes.
"What do you want me to say, huh? We've been together for a month and we're pregnant. This is exactly what I want. I couldn't be more happy?" He asked in a sarcastic tone which I did not appreciate. The fury was starting to tick inside of me.
"Yes, that is what I wanted you to say. There's no way out of this and I need you to get your head around the fact that you're going to become a dad whether you like it or not." I yelled at him, standing up to show just how aggravated I had become. "Look, I just need to know. Do you want to be a part of this child's life or not?" I asked calmly, seating myself next to Cristiano. He looked at me with pleading eyes, deep in thought.
"I want to be there for the two of you. I couldn't put your child through what you went through. I just need to sort a few things out, ok?" Cris replied calmly, softly stroking my cheek. I smiled at him and nodded my head.
"So you won't leave us?" I asked sweetly, before he cupped my face with his hands.
"Never." He answered, pecking my nose. I smiled at his answer, as Cris embraced me in his arms tightly.
"Don't you need to sort a few things out?" I questioned, lifting my eyes up to meet his.
"It can wait." He soothed, and I rested my head on his shoulder, inhaling a deep breath. "I love you, you know that right?" Cris asked as I smiled at him, nodding my head in response. "Good." He stated, kissing the top of my head.

I drew my eyes away from the screen as I looked up at Cris, removing my head from his chest. I smiled to myself at his closed eyes. His lips in a tight line, a tense jaw. The signs that he was dreaming. I took a quick photo and saved it as my screen saver. I looked at the photo, well more Cris's which was slightly amusing. My body jumped in shock as a snore came from Cristiano. I starting laughing, and my movement caused Cris's eyes to flicker open, as I turned to face him he pulled a tired face at me. "Aww, was Grandpa having a nice nap?" I joked and Cris rolled his eyes at me.
"Yes, I was actually. Up until I was woken up!" He replied, pouting at me like a child.
"Oh I'm sorry does someone want to go to bed now then?" I asked him, removing myself from his boy so that I could face him fully.
"No, I ought to be heading home anyway." Cristiano answered, getting up from the couch. I followed him to the door.
"Thank you for not leaving us." I said to Cris and he smiled at me softly.
"Bye." He replied, pecking me on the lips before walking out of the door. I closed the door and smiled. I don't know what I would have done if he had left.

A month later Cris and I were still going strong. I typed into the key board, typing up a recent interview that I had just conducted. Suddenly my co-worker/friend Katie arrives and slammed a magazine down onto my desk. I removed my eyes from the computer screen to look at her, with a slightly shocked expression on my face at her attitude. Her expression softened as she met my gaze, but she then pointed at the magazine. I followed her gaze as my eyes widened. I read the front page title as my jaw dropped. Crap.
"I'm sorry." Was all that Katie could manage as she looked at me sympathetically.
"What am I supposed to do now?" I asked, a tear strolling down my cheek, as I placed a hand onto my bump.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Cristiano has agreed to stay with Tasha, and not leave her or her child... But what was the magazine about?