Status: Complete <3

Hearts on Fire

1/1

"BAAAAABBBBEEEEE!" Vic called through the large apartment he shared with his partner in crime Patti. "BA-"
"I'm here you idiot," she giggled. Patti walked into the room and ruffled Vic's long hair, he laughed and grabbed her waist pulling her into a kiss.
"That wasn't very nice. I have a birthday surprise for you!" He winked and wrapped his arms around her waist whilst she placed her delicate hands on his shoulders.

He began to sway with Patti in his arms and they danced in the living room laughing with each other. Patti blushed and kissed his cheek as he stopped their movements.
"Sometimes you're the sweetest guy ever. And other times you're a complete idiot," she grinned.
"At least I'm sweet sometimes! Anyway your surprise!" Vic grinned and grabbed his guitar off it's wall rack.

It was a battered acoustic which he'd had for almost five years, it was a present from his dad and his favourite of all the guitars he owned.
"It's not my birthday for another few days," she frowned.
"I know but I just can't not do this now! I have to have you hear this before it gets released! you're gonna love it!" He promised and took her hand pulling her over to the couch and guiding her to her seat.
"Okay?" She smiled and frowned with intrigue.

He smiled again excitedly and started playing an unfamiliar tune, he started to sing as well and Patti felt her heart melt a little at the sound of his voice.

Heart's on fire tonight
Feel my bones ignite
Feels like war, war
Feels like war, war
Heart's on fire tonight
Feel my bones ignite
Feels like war, war
Feels like war, war

We go together or we don't go down at all
We go together or we don't go down at all
We go together or we don't go down at all


Patti smiled as he looked her in the eyes as he sang. She recognised the lyrics as the ones he'd shown her a few weeks ago, after Alex from All Time Low had sent them to him. She leapt up and hugged him awkwardly over his guitar.

He chuckled and kissed her cheek affectionately, she blushed and looked down shyly a he set down his guitar.
"It's nice isn't it? I wanted you to hear it before the fans, I think it sums us up pretty tightly and well, you're the most important thing to me... I want you to hear everything I write first so I know you approve I guess..." He grinned at her and saw her eyes watering.
"You're an idiot you know that? A loveable one but still. You don't have to run anything by me," she insisted.
"But I want to," he pouted. Both of them laughed and Vic leaned in to kiss her.

At first it was a gentle peck but Patti pulled him closer by the neck and held his face against hers. He deepened the kiss and softly she kissed back, it was tender and sweet unlike the heated moments of passion they so often shared.

As they broke away from each other Patti blushed and looked into Vic's eyes. Vic smiled adoringly and stroked her cheek with his left hand lovingly. Patti smiled and closed her eyes in content, Vic kissed her other cheek and she opened her eyes and giggled.
"I love you Patti," he announced.
"I-I love you too," she smiled and kissed his lips softly.
"Good, I was hoping so. I might have looked like a total idiot if you didn't," he grinned. Patti laughed and pulled him over to the sofa.

The two of them curled up together on the small sofa watching some show that neither of them were interested in. Content just to be in the others company.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Birthday Patti! Sorry this is so short <3