Status: this is my first story...so hope you guys enjoy it. let me know what you think good or bad whatever you can also give ideas too...so enjoy.!

Fallen and Broken

Kill of the Night

Max woke in a sudden gasp. Her heart was beating so fast it was difficult to keep up with her breathing. She sat up and felt her forehead dripping with sweat, her muscles sore. . .Oh no she thought. Dean had shared the motel bed with her that night and with her sudden movements, it had awaken him.

He peered his eyes open and saw Max sitting up with her hand on her forehead.

"Max?" He groaned.
He got no respond. He sat up and rubbed his eyes.
"Max?"

Still no response, so he went to touch her shoulder but before he could even rest it, she flinched away and got up.

"Shit. No." She half whispered.
"Max, what is it?" He asked.
"I-I have to go." Her voice was shaky.

Max put on her ankle boots, scooped up her clothes and headed towards the door. By now Sam had awaken from the sound of their voices. He sat up and watched as Max slammed the door behind her.

The brisk air of the night blew at her bare skin, she was only wearing a white v-neck with boxer shorts. There was not time to change, this was happening and happening fast. She ran as quick as she could to find someplace secluded from everyone else.

Why is this happening right now? It's not even a full moon.

Before she reached the last building of the street, a sharp wave of pain shot down her back causing her to stumble to the ground. Her clothes fell out her arm and quickly she gathered them and continued running. Just in plain sight, there were trees, the closer she got, more trees came into view. It had to be a forest.

She picked up her speed and before she knew it she was in depth of the forest. Her chest heaved from the running and from her transformation phases. Once she was certain it was safe, she tossed her clothes off to the side and fell to the cold ground.

Her bones cracked and her skin tore. She let out a shivering cry as she continued with her transformation.

"CAS!" She called out.
"CASTIEL!"

Seconds passed and he hadn't showed. She was on her own for tonight. To keep herself calm she thought about Hudson. Finally she had fully transformed and felt like she hadn't eaten in days. Max began to walk around the woods, sniffing for her dinner. She caught a scent of something delicious.

She followed it and came to a deer. It was eating something off the ground and Max crept her way towards it. When the right moment came, she pounced onto it. The deer barely made a struggle or a sound. She bit viciously down on its neck, taring away its flesh, blood spurting onto her grey fur.

Once she was done, she abandoned what was left of the deer and walked back to where her clothes were. It was still dark out and she wouldn't change back to normal until the sun peered over the horizon, so she laid down and closed her eyes.

Hours had passed and the buzzing of her phone woke her. When she sat up she noticed her body was back to normal but she was completely naked, her hands and face covered in blood.

Sam and Dean had blown up her phone with missed calls and texts.

Quickly, she dressed. The air was colder than she had remembered. Damn I wish I had brought my jacket. She walked down the highway, shivering, sore and certain that she reeked of the deer's blood. The motel came into view and she felt relieved to see the Impala parked in the lot.

Sam must have noticed her walking towards the motel because he opened the door before she had even reached it.

"Max, where the hell did you go?" He creased his brows.
As she passed him, she gave him a glare and then sat at the edge of the bed.

"Max?"
"Where's Dean?" She tried to dodge his question.
"He went out looking for you."

The door of the motel opened and Dean appeared.

"Max." He rushed to her side.
"Are you okay? Where did you go? And what is that smell." He cringed his nose.
"I-I was having a panic attack. I needed to get out. Get some fresh air."
"And rolled in a dumpster?"

Max rolled her eyes and got up to walk to the bathroom and shower.
"Max!" Dean yelled as she shut the door of the bathroom.

Max didn't want to tell them what happened, she didn't even know happened, all she knew was that she turned on the wrong moon. . .but why? How?

When Max was done she changed into clean clothes and walked out. Dean and Sam were sitting at the table of the kitchen and she could feel their eyes burning holes in the back of her head. Her shoulders stiffened as she put her clothes in her duffle.

When she turned around they continued staring at her. She sighed.

"I can do this all day boys. So we either sit here and eye fuck each other or go out and make a difference in someone's life."

Dean rolled his eyes and stood.
"We're not done with you." He pointed and walked out to the Impala.

They went to go visit Bobby in the hospital. While they were there, Cas had showed up looking for an amulet. He asked for the one Max had around her neck. She held it between her thumb and index finger. And then willingly handed it over since it didn't do a good job last night.

Then he disappeared. Bobby received a strange call from someone named Rufus. Apparently the whole town was under some sort of demon possession. He sent the trio down to River Pass, Colorado.

On the way there, Sam and Dean kept asking her about last night. She made it tough for them until they got under skin and she practically yelled it out.

"Alright! Jesus fucking Christ! If you must know, I wolfed out last night! I don't know why or how but I did!"

For a moment they stayed silent, feeling guilty for asking.

"I thought Cas was "doggy training" you?" Dean asked.
Max grit her teeth at his question.

"I called out for him but he wasn't responding. . ." Her voice got quiet.
"I was afraid, I thought I was going hurt you guys. And I witnessed myself kill a deer." Her mind flashed back to when she gutted the poor animal.

"Don't blame yourself, Max. You didn't know how to control it and it's in your nature to do those kinds of things." Sam said.

He was right, it was in her nature, but she wish Cas was there to at least help her. There was no telling if she would turn on the wrong moon again but if she did, she hoped Cas was there.