Status: this is my first story...so hope you guys enjoy it. let me know what you think good or bad whatever you can also give ideas too...so enjoy.!

Fallen and Broken

Lost and Inscure

Dean and Sam were asleep in the Impala while Max sat outside on top of the hood and stared out to the open sky. The sun was peeking over the horizon. She sighed as her mind drew back to a sudden reminder. Sam was going to say yes to Lucifer.

She took a swig of from one of Dean's flasks and as she brought her head back down, something appeared in the corner of her eye. She looked to her side and there stood Cas.

"Cas, nice of you to-"
"I'm sorry Max."

They stayed silent for a moment as she studied his face. He had sorrow look on face, one that she had seen too many times before.

"For what?"
"I let you down."
"Cas you're not making sense, what are you talking about?"

Max pushed herself off of the Impala and faced Castiel.

"I thought I could protect you but I can't even keep track of you."
"But you have protected me."
"No, you don't understand. I knew that it wasn't going to workout-I can't protect you from Lucifer."

His last words shredded what was left of her hope. Before she could say anything, Cas was gone. She looked at the vast land before her and caved in. Falling to her knees, she covered her mouth muffling the cry that threatened to wake the boys.

Her eyes teared up, her hands clenching the dry dust between her fingers, trying hard not to let herself fall. Max was beginning to feel numb.

"Max?"

Her thousand yard stare was all Sam got from her. She had been there for awhile after Cas had left. Sam sat down next to her.

"Are you okay?"
"You should have just let me be in California."

Max stood and walked back to the Impala to sleep. It was all she wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter but I haven't posted in the longest time.