Status: this is my first story...so hope you guys enjoy it. let me know what you think good or bad whatever you can also give ideas too...so enjoy.!

Fallen and Broken

Swooping In

Sam was drifting away to sleep as he traveled down the road. He wanted to pull over and get some rest but he had to get to Max as soon as possible. He needed to tell her what had happened to Dean, he needed her help.

Bobby helped navigate where Max had been over the last couple of years. She was staying on the east end of Long Beach, California. Sam did a bit of research on his own, he found out that she was living under the name Maxwell Dawson, she did some time in the marines, after that she worked in a body shop and is currently still working there. Sam was impress and happy for her. She was living her own life but he hated the fact that he was going to come in and take all that she had built on her own, maybe even with someone else away.

"Only a couple more hours." Sam said shaking his head from sleep deprivation.

Within the next three hours, he arrived on the street Max lived on. Sam turned off the engine and got out. Max's house was pretty nice, it suited her. He leant against the Impala and thought.

How I am going to tell her? I could be straight forward and tell her, I mean she can take these kind of things, right?

Then he remembered how she had handled their fathers' death. It was the reason why she left in the first place. Sam ran his hand through his hair and began walking to the back of Max's house.

Sam stopped at the steps of the patio, he was awed by the beach, the moon gloaming over the sea as the stars fading away. He continued up the steps and began to pick at the lock on the sliding glass door. Once he unlocked it he slowly slid the door open and got in, sliding the door shut behind him.

He found himself in the kitchen, it seemed very calm. He noticed a staircase leading up to second level of the house. He went up to the stairs and search the rooms. Nothing, no one was home. Though when Sam came back down he was greeted by an unfriendly creature, a dog.

"Oh no."

Sam stepped back but the dog jumped onto him, knocking him down. The dog hooked his teeth to Sam's sleeve shaking it furiously.

Max was just coming home and as she opened up the front door she heard the commotion coming from the kitchen. Max quickly grabbed the gun stashed under one of the floor boards. She made her way to the kitchen and turned on the lights.

"Riley! Down boy." Max commanded. Riley obeyed and sat down by the edge of the stairs. She had her gun pointed directly at the man that laid huddled on the ground. She stepped closer to him, gun still locked on him.

"Stand up." She ordered.

The man slowly got up and Max looked closer at him. The long hair was what gave him away.

"Sam, you son of bitch!" Max let her gun dropped to her side.
"What the hell are you doing here?"
"Nice to see you too Max."

She placed the gun down on the kitchen table and grabbed a chair for Sam to sit down. His sleeve had been torn and for sure he had bite wounds.

"Wait here." She disappeared up the stairs and came back down with a box.

"What're doing breaking into my house? Or better yet how did you even find me?"
"Bobby helped me and then I did a bit of research on my own." Sam winced a bit as she applied alcohol to the marks.

"Of Course you did. And what did you find?"
"Well your name Maxwell Dawson, you did one tour in the marines, you work at a body shop, and that you live at this address." He finished.

She wrapped a bandage over the cleaned wounds.

"There." She said.

Max got up and placed the box of bandages off to the side of the counter. She then made her way to fridge and got out two beers, handing one to Sam as she sat down again.

"Why are you here Sam?" Max asked.

He picked at the label, thinking on how he should tell her.

"Max I came because I need your help." He said calmly.
"I'm assuming it has to do with something demon related huh?" She asked, thinking she knew the answer. Sam sighed.

"No it's worse."
"Worse than a demon? This must be something ba-"
"-It's Dean." Sam blurted.

She swallowed a lump in her throat. Sam clutched the bottle in his fist with such tightness he probably would have shattered it.

"He-Max he's dead."

Max slowly got up and walked over to the other side of the counter leaning against it with her palms.

"No. .no. .no.." Max began to whisper.
"Max, plea-"
"no no no!"

Sam could feel her anger.

"No!"

With that she knocked off all the glasses and bowls to the ground. Sam flinched as they shattered to pieces. He got up and went up to her, wrapping his arms around to keep her from hurting herself. She pounded her fists against his chest, trying to take out her anger.

"Max, stop." He hugged her tighter, on the verge of tears himself. Eventually she stopped squirming. Sam leaned against the counter, still embracing Max for the next hour, letting her cry.

"Max?" He whispered but no response.

He looked down and saw she had her eyes closed, she had fallen asleep. Sam scooped her up and carried her upstairs to her room. He pulled out the covers then laid her down. He turned around to see Riley in the doorway. Riley looked at Sam and and then at Max, he then hopped in next to Max and laid down. He rolled his eyes and laughed quietly.

He decided to stay in what appeared to be the guest bedroom. There, Sam laid down and thought to himself. He wished that he didn't have to this to Max. It wasn't right but he needed her help and she was going to find out later than sooner about Dean. Sam turned on his side facing the window, the sun's glow was barely peeping over the beach. It was quiet a calming view, so calming he had fallen asleep faster than usual.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's chapter 3 hope you like as always comment,suggest ideas and let me know what you think alright?