Status: this is my first story...so hope you guys enjoy it. let me know what you think good or bad whatever you can also give ideas too...so enjoy.!

Fallen and Broken

You Again

When it was time to leave, Max made a stop at Eli's house asking him if he look after the house. He always did when Max was deployed off and Hudson wasn't around, though this time Max didn't tell him the truth on where she was going, she just told him that she was going to leave with her brother and she wasn't sure when she was coming back. Sam left in the Impala and Max left if her Ford Boss Mustang with Riley sitting in the passenger seat. They drove for hours making a stop at a gas station. Max started to remember all the times when the trio had done this for what seemed to be ages.

"Only 5 more hours." Sam said as he got out of the car.
"I'm gonna go get some things from inside. You want anything?"

Max asked leaning on the Impala while Sam filled her up.

"Uh, no I'm good."
"Alright I'll be back."

Max turned on her heel and walked into the gas station. She searched for her things. As she waited in line, her eyes trailed to the shelf behind the cash register filled with cartons of cigarettes. She hesitated when it was her turn to pay.

"Uh-can I get 2 packs of red Marlboro 100s please."

Once she paid, she shoved the two packs in her pocket of her cardigan. The two continued on the road.

The last time Max smoked was in Fallujah or when she was feeling stressed. Lately she began to feel a bit stressed out. Her brothers tried to help her get off the habit and it worked. . .for about 3 seconds. The sun rose as they arrived in Sioux Falls South Dakota, pulling up in front of Bobby's house. Max got out and Riley followed behind them as they went up to the door. Sam unlocked it and they all went in. Max noticed a familiar man sitting behind an old desk piled with books, it was Bobby

"Max!" He said getting up to embrace her.
"Bobby!"
"Long time."

It was rare for Bobby to show such an affectionate side of him like that.

"Yeah, a bit too long."

Then Bobby saw Riley.

"What is that?"
"My tax accountant. It's okay he won't cause any trouble. I promise."

Bobby didn't allow dogs on the job but he couldn't say no to Max she was going through so much.

"If he makes a mess I'm kickin' him outside."
"Alright."
"We have a lot to so how 'bout we get started."

They were at it for the rest of the day and continuous days of trying to make deals with whomever but failed each time. What were days became weeks, and weeks became months and then eventually they gave up. Trying everything in the books, literally.

One afternoon, Max took Riley out for a walk on a trail that lead into the woods. They had always did that when there wasn't anything to do or a case to work on. They walked out until they reached a creek and sat besides beside the creek. It was a beautiful site, calming and relaxing. She watched as Riley played in the creek trying to catch one of the small fish. After a while they headed back to the house. They stopped on the porch and dried off Riley.

"Well you at least enjoyed it while it lasted. Next time we go, it won't be for another couple of weeks." "Maverick." a voice called.

She froze, for a moment. No one hadn't called her Maverick in over 5 or so years and the only person who would ever dare call her that was. . .Dean. No it couldn't be he was. . .dead? Max slowly got up to turned and saw Dean in the the doorway. Could it really be possible?

"Dean?"

He scoffed. Dean missed the sound of Max's voice.

"Is it. . .really you?"
"Yeah. Don't worry Sam already splashed the holy water at me-" Pointing the wet spots on his shirt.
"-and I cut myself with the blade too."

Dean lifted his arm up showing the clean cut. Then without hesitating, Max clung herself to Dean. He wrapped his arms around her tightly. He missed her more than anything, he hadn't seen her longer than anyone else.

"I missed you so much, Dean."
"I missed you too."
"How did you come back?"
"I thought you guys were the ones who brought me back." Dean turned around noticing Sam and Bobby in the doorway.
"No. Dean, we tried everything. But each we kept failing to the point where we just-gave up."
"Then who brought me back?"

They ate dinner later that evening, Dean told them how he had woken in the coffin, digging his way up out of the grave, he walked until he reached an abandoned gas station, where he found a car and drove here. After that, Max cleaned up the kitchen while Sam, Bobby, and Dean caught up on the porch.

"Max." Dean called.
"Yeah?"
"Come over here."

He motioned to the steps he sat on. Bobby and Sam were now inside. She sat down and Riley dropped a ball in her lap. She picked it up and threw the ball, Riley ran after it.

"So Sam told me that you were up to a lot."
"Yeah I guess I was, wasn't I?"
"Marines, Huh?"
"Year, a tour. I went through some serious training and I felt like I've changed. Not in a bad way though. But I did see some things I wish I could un-see."
"What was it like?"

Riley came back trotting with the ball in his mouth, Max took it and threw it again.

"It's quite the experience, it's like being on a roller coaster, having it's ups and downs. It can be exhilarating too. Though it's hard not to get too attached to the other troops there, I mean I needed someone to talk to. And well one day you could be sharing a drink with someone and the next you see them being blown to bits, die in your arms, or have their blood stained and spattered on you. But I didn't stop, every shot I fired was for them and their families. I was always eager to come back home to Hudson-"
"Hudson Flynn."
"Yeah, my Hudson. How do you know about him?"
"I remember seeing him on the news. He races cars right?"
"Used too."
"What do you mean?"

Riley came back with ball and Max threw again.

"He died in a race car accident."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"He was a owner to a body shop down in Long Beach, California. But then I was left in charge after he died. Though I highly doubt the place is still in my possession. Man I miss workin' on those cars."
"I bet you were the best."
"That's cause I was taught by the best."

Dean felt happy again, something he longed for a while. They talked more until the sun had finally set.

"Well, I think it's time to go to bed."

Max called out for Riley and they all went inside to get some rest.

"I'll take the couch and I'm not taking no for answer."

"Alright fine. But just for tonight." Dean said walking up the stairs.

She sat down on the couch, feeling herself relax. Max kicked off her ankle boots and reached for a pillow that was on the couch and laid there wrapped up in her cardigan staring at the dull ceiling. She remembered how Riley had only growled at Sam, but not Bobby or even Dean. She thought it was strange and she thought back, she too had sensed something bad about Sam but it was faint, she tried brushing the thought away and soon drifted to sleep.