Status: this is my first story...so hope you guys enjoy it. let me know what you think good or bad whatever you can also give ideas too...so enjoy.!

Fallen and Broken

To Hell and Back

Max woke the next morning with a gasp. She breathed heavily, beads of sweat trickling down her forehead. She sat up, catching her breath as she tried to calm herself. Riley had awakened, startled by her and rested his chin on her lap trying to comfort her. For a moment she laid there calming down, though it wasn't doing it for her so she quickly got up and went upstairs for a cold shower. She leaned against the tiles of the shower, trying to remember her dream but nothing came to her. She felt different and felt like she wasn't. . .breathing when she was asleep. After she was done she got dress and went downstairs.

"Your up early." Max said as she turned around to see Dean stepping into the kitchen.

She had forgotten that Dean was back so she hugged him tightly not wanting to let go. Max let go eventually when Sam walked in. They had some breakfast and sat around the table.

"So what now?" Max asked as she looked between Sam, Dean, and Bobby who had joined them.

No one answered her question, understanding that no one really knew what to do.

"So Dean, how are you feeling anyway?"
"I'm a little full."
"No, I mean, do you feel like yourself? Anything. . .strange, different?" Bobby suggested.
"Or demonic?" Dean added to his list.
"Bobby, I mean how many times do I have to prove I'm me?" Dean said referring to the countless of times when Bobby had thrown holy water at Dean to check if he was who he said he was.
"Yeah well listen, no demon is letting you lose out of the goodness of their heart. They've got to have something nasty planned."
"Yeah well I feel fine."
"Okay look, we don't know what they're planning. We got a pile of questions and no shovel. We need help."
"Sam's right, I mean if we're planning on find whatever pulled Dean out, I doubt we'll find anything in those books."
"I know a psychic a few hours from here. Something like this, maybe she's heard the other side talkin'." "Yeah I guess it's worth a shot." Dean said leaning against a wall with a bottle of beer in his hand.
"I'll be right back."
"Hey Dean?"
"What was it like?"
"Hell?"
"Yeah."
"Well, I don't remember a damn thing. I guess I blacked it out."
"Good, I guess."

Later they decided to head out and go meet the psychic.

"She's about 4 hours away from here down the interstate. Try to keep up." Bobby said getting into his car.
"I suppose you want to drive."
"Oh man, I almost forgot." Dean said running his hand over the Impala's curves.
"Did'ya miss baby?"
"I guess I'm riding with you guys." Max said getting into the back seat.

She would have gone her car but it would be best if there weren't so many cars.

"What the hell is that?" Dean said pointing the iPod in the middle of the radio.
"That's an iPod Jack."
"You were supposed to care of her, not douche her up."
"Dean, I thought this was my car."

Dean said nothing but made a face at Sam saying "Yeah whatever, just shut up." As Dean turned on the Impala a song came on making Dean lean back and look at Sam.

"Really?" Sam shrugged then Dean pulled the iPod out and threw back at Max.
"Hey watch it Dean!" Max said punching Dean in the shoulder.

By morning they had reached the psychic's house Bobby had mentioned. Bobby knocked and the door opened to a woman. She looked to be in her late 30's, black hair, a black tank top, and some jeans with a belt around her waist.

"Bobby!"

The woman said stepping out to embrace Bobby lifting him at one point. They pulled away and she stepped back looking at the three faces she had heard about.

"So you must the Winchesters."
"Dean, Sam, Max, this is Pamela Barnes, best damn psychic in the state."
"Hey."
"Mm, Mm, Mm."

Then she noticed Max.

"What's a beauty like you doing in this business?"

Max blushed a little not sure whether the woman was hitting on her or just plain complementing her, then she winked at her. Dean and Sam raised an eyebrow at Max.

"Well are we just going to stand here or are we going to get right to it? Come on in." She said turning around leading everyone inside.

"So did ya hear anything?"

"Well I "oujiaed" my way threw a dozen spirits but no one seems to know who brought your boy out or why."
"So what's next?"
"Ah, seance I think. See if we can see who did the deed."
"You're not gonna summon the damn thing here?"
"Nah. I just want to get a sneak peek at it, like a crystal ball but without the crystal."

They all followed her into a room, Pam took a table cloth and place it on the table that was in the middle of the room and prepared the rest of the things she needed. Pam crouched down to one of the cabinets getting some candles.

"Who's "Jesse"?" Dean asked.

Max turned around and saw her tramp stamp. Pam laughed.

"Well it wasn't "Forever".
"His loss."
"Yeah and it might be your gain."

She looked towards Max. She wasn't going to lie she did feel flattered by the gesture but she wasn't quite ready for that. "You're invited too." She said as she passed Dean and Sam. "I think this chick might turn me." Max said taking a seat.

They all sat down around the table waiting for Pam to do her thing.

"Alright. Take each others hands."

Pam grabbed Dean's hand, the rest doing the same.

"And we need to touch something our mystery monster touched."

She reached under the table and placed her hand in between Max's thighs.

"Hey! woah! I'm not the one that was touched. I'm flattered but if you want something you can come see me after and I'll be more than glad to."

Max teased and winked.

"My mistake and I just might take you up on that offer."

Dean took his jacket off then rolled up his sleeve to reveal a reddish-pinkish hand print on the side of Dean's shoulder. Pam placed her hand on the hand print.

"Okay." Pam closed her eyes and began to speak.

"I evoke conjure and command you appear into me in this circle." She repeated herself.

The third time she did, the t.v in the corner turned on, nothing but static appeared on the screen. The fifth time she stopped in mid sentence.

"-Castiel? No sorry Castiel, I don't scare easy."
"Castiel?"
"It's name is whispering me to turn back."

The table began to shake violently.

"Maybe we should stop."

"I almost got it! I COMMAND YOU TO SHOW ME YOUR FACE!."

Suddenly the flames from the candles flared violently, followed by Pam's screaming. They looked up and saw her eyes glow a blinding light, her screams becoming louder. Pam closed her eyes and collapsed to the floor. Bobby rushed to her side.

"Call 9-1-1!" Bobby ordered.

Sam rushed to find the phone and quickly dialed the number. Max and Dean were now at her side, Max held Pams hand in hers. Pam opened her eyes revealing nothing but two empty holes.

"I can't see!" She cried out.

Later that day Max ,Sam , and Dean were at a diner.

"What did Bobby say?" Dean asked Sam as he sat down joining them.
"He said Pam is stable. And out at ICU."
"And blind. . .because of us."
"And we still have no clue what we're dealing with." Max said staring out the window of the diner.
"Well that's not entirely true."
"No?" She said facing Dean leaned her elbows on the table.
"I mean we got a name, Castiel or whatever. With the right mumbo-jumbo we could summon this thing right up to us."
"Dean, you're crazy. Pam took a "peek" at the thing and it burned her eyes out!"
"Well you got a better idea?"
"Yeah, Dean. I followed some demons to town right?"
"Okay."
"Well we find'em. Someone's gotta know something."

The waitress brought over their orders, sat them down and then she did something odd. . . she sat down. . .with them. Confused Dean opened his mouth.

"You anglen for a tip?"
"I'm sorry I thought you were looking for us."

She blinked and her eyes turned pitch black. Then more of them surrounded the trio.

"Dean. To hell and back. Aren't you a lucky duck."
"That's me."
"So you get to just stroll out of the pit huh? Tell me. What makes you so special?"
"I liked to think it's cause of my perky nipples."
"I don't know. Wasn't my doing. I don't know who pulled me out."
"Oh you don't?"
"No, I don't."
"Lying is a sin you know."
"I'm not lying. But I'd like to find out so if you wouldn't mind enlightening me flow."
"Mind your tone with me, Boy. I'll drag you back to Hell myself."

Sam was about to move when Dean gestured him to stay put.

"No you won't."
"No?"
"No."
"Cause if you were you would've done it already. Fact is you don't know who cut me loose and your as spooked as we are. You're lookin' for answers. Maybe it's some turbo-charged spirit or Godzilla or some big bad boss demon. But I'm guessing you're paid great that they don't tell you squat. Cause whoever it was, they want me out. And they're a lot stronger than you. So go ahead, send me back, don't come crawling to me when they come knocking at your doorstep with some gasoline and a fire hose."
"I'll reach down your throat and tear out your lungs."
Dean leaned forward not saying a word, then slapped the demon. The demon faced Dean again and he slapped her a second time.

"Yeah that's what I thought. Lets go."

Max, Sam and Dean stood up, before walking out Dean took out a wad of money placing a 20 dollar bill on the table. "For the pie." Then joined Max and Sam outside.

"Man that was close."

They walked back to the motel and Dean decided to take a nap while Max went out for a "walk". As for Sam, he quietly sneaked out of the room without waking Dean and left in the Impala. Max walked until she reached a park down the block. She sat down on bench, took in her surroundings, the park was empty. She reached for her carton of cigarettes she had bought a few days ago, trying not to waste it all or make it noticeable to Sam, Bobby or even worse Dean. Max opened the box for the first time and stared at the lined up cigarettes. She tapped one out and closed up the carton and put it in the side of her boot. She placed the cigarette in between her lips and patted herself searching for her lighter. When she found it she held it up in front of the cigarette, flicking it to light up. The cigarette lit and she placed the lighter back. Max leaned back and inhaled the smoke, holding it, savoring it, then exhaled through the side of her mouth. She felt the stress lift from shoulders. She felt. . .better