Sequel: Again.
Status: Updated when I can

Everything Changed

Home

Ronnie's PoV

-End Of Tour-

The days seemed to flash by as we finished up tour. Ben and I were closer than ever. I had stopped using cocaine, which was a huge accomplishment, although, I did start smoking more, I was doing better than before. It was amazing how one person could affect you so much.

Today was the last day of tour though. The bus had been brought back to where ever it came from, all our stuff was off it, and we were all headed home. And things would go back to the way they were before I met Asking Alexandria. Ben says they won't, and that things would stay the same, but how could they? Ben and I lived miles away from each other, the odds aren't very good.

I am glad that I finally get to go home. I can see Jackson again, stop living on a bus, and just get away from tour all together. I have no idea how bands do this all the time, I did it for a short time and am exhausted beyond belief. It's really crazy.

"Ready Love?" Ben asked, interrupting me from my thoughts. He was standing in front of me holding out his hand.

"What?" I was slightly confused. He chuckled.

"You're flight's here. We gotta go."

"We?"

"Obviously. I'm only staying for a few days, since I have to go home and get back to normal life. But until then, I'm all yours." He smirked. "Now we can go say bye to the guys then board." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

"I love you." I told him.

"Yeah, I know."

We said goodbye to everyone, which was more emotional than I thought it would be. We stood in a circle hugging for about 3 minutes until Ben reminded us that'd we'd be back together whenever I came to visit, and maybe the next tour. That only caused Danny to snap at him jokingly, and James to say that Danny's just jealous because Ben's coming home with me instead of him.

I would miss these guys, even if I will see them again it's going to be strange not seeing them every day. A little relaxing, but strange.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were coming back to New York with me?" I asked Ben when we were settled on the plane.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. And I had to make sure it was okay with Jackson and your brother." He explained.

"My brother? What does he have anything to do with anything?" I was a little surprised by the mention of Ethan.

"Fuck, I wasn't supposed to say anything." He mumbled.

"Ben..."

"Alright, alright." He sighed. "I wasn't supposed to tell you. But he's picking us up from the airport." He said nervously.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"He offered Jackson. Jackson thought it'd be a good idea. By the time I found out it was too late to change anything. Believe me, if I could find another way for us to get back to Jackson's I would."

"A taxi?" I said almost desperate.

"Your brother just wants a relationship with you Ron." Ben sighed. "You shouldn't be so hard on him." I was shocked at Ben's words. I always thought he was the one person who understood and excepted my choice. "I didn't mean it like that. Just to give him a chance." He said softly.

"Give him a chance. Him a chance. You can't be fucking serious." He didn't respond. "He left me remember? I didn't leave him. He was the one who gave up on me. I've lived this long without him, he doesn't need to come into my life now." I ranted.

"He's the only family you have left. Besides the band, but we don't really count."

"Just because you're into all that 'family first' shit doesn't mean I am. Family has lost all meaning to me." When he didn't answer I sighed and got the flight attendant's attention. She came over.

"You need something?" She asked sweetly.

"Can you give me the strongest drink you have?" I asked.

"Is everything alright?" She nodded but seemed concerned.

"Just don't like flying is all." I lied. She sent me a sympathetic smile.

"I'll be back in a couple minutes Hun."

"Ronnie, I didn't mean it like that." Ben started.

"Don't Ben, just don't." I cut him off. It was going to be a long flight...

-At The Airport in New York.-

Ben's PoV

"Ben! Veronica! Over here!" Ethan yelled. I groaned and dragged Ronnie behind me.

"Hey it's nice to see you again mate." I greeted.

"Thanks, you too. Is she drunk?" He looked at the giggling Ronnie behind me.

"Not exactly..." I sighed. Ethan looked at the two of us with a disappointed look.

"Let's just get her back to Jackson's." He sighed.

"Fine." I hadn't intended to be so rude, but I also don't really care. I hate when Ronnie's mad at me, I really do. And knowing that she's mad at me now, just kind of ruins my mood.

"Is she always like this when's she's drunk?" Ethan asked. I looked over at Ronnie who was breathing on the window and drawing pictures.

Now that I actually think about it, she never gets giggly when she's drunk. She actually is more straight forward, she's more open. I look ather once again and look at her drawing on the window. L I E . I chuckled at her attempt to cover it so Ethan wouldn't notice.

"Yeah. Sometimes." I answered.

"How do you put up with her?" He asked annoyed.

"I love her. That's how I put up with her." I shrugged, he was silent for a while, and that made me realize what I had just said. The fact that i love Ronnie is well known, but I just admitted it to her older brother, which is a whole different concept.

"You what?" He asked through clenched teeth.

"I love you too Ben." Ronnie said loudly before the conversation could continue.

"You've known each other how long? And you're already saying I love you to each other?!" Ethan almost yelled.

"Shut up and drop us off at Jackson's Ethan. Ben nor I don't need your judgement. And if you haven't already noticed, I don't give a fuck what you think." Ronnie spoke slowly. Letting each word set in.

"What happened to the sweet and innocent Veronica? The one that would watch Care Bear movies back to back? The one who couldn't go to sleep without someone singing to her? What happened to my sister?" Ethan's words were just as harsh as Ronnie's, but he seemed to be more hurt by the whole situation. It made me wonder if I should step in, but Ronnie was mad enough at me, and she needed this.

"She grew up." She growled.

"No. She didn't. Because you're acting more like a child now than you did when we actually were kids."

"I've said it once and I'll say it again. Don't speak about me like you actually know me, because you don't. There's only five people in the world who actually know me. The ones who stuck up for me. Dealt with me when I was drunk, or drugged out. The ones who actually understood, and didn't judge me for the choices that I have made." She paused to laugh quietly. "And you know what's funny Ethan? They were the ones you said would leave me, and were no good for me. I guess you were wrong huh."

Her brother didn't say anything, he just drove the rest of the way to Jackson's apartment in silence. No one said a word. Ronnie seemed more relaxed though she was laying in my lap, tracing the tattoo's on my arm, which had become one of her habits.

"You should get more tattoo's, since you love mine so much." I told her quietly.

"I should shouldn't I?" She asked.

"That can be one of the things we do while I'm here." I offered. She nodded and we didn't speak for the rest of the ride.

"So, I'll, uh see you guys sometime maybe." Ethan said, obviously more nervous now. I don't know why though.

"Yeah, whatever. Bye Ethan." Ronnie grabbed her bag and made her way up the stairs to Jackson's.

"I know you're trying to be in her life again, but you need to move on from the past. If you keep living in it and not accepting her for who she is now, she'll never want you in her life again." I told him before following Ronnie up the stairs to find her sitting outside the door.

"We're locked out." She informed me.

"You were a teenage rebel, who snuck out, partied, got drunk, and had sex all the time and you haven't picked this lock yet?" I asked amused.

"I don't carry bobby pins or credit cards around with me." She glared at me. I smiled and took my wallet out of my back pocket, sliding a credit card out and handing it to her. She smirked and turned to the door, managing to open it pretty quickly.

"You would have been helpful that time we got locked out of the bus." I smiled.

"You can't pick a lock?" She asked as we piled the bags inside.

"I can, we were all just so drunk we couldn't figure out how." I sighed at the memory. "Where's Jackson?"

"Probably sleeping. Hold on." I stood in the small living room as she ran down to what I suspected what Jackson's room, threw the door open and jumped onto the bed screaming "WAKE THE FUCK UP BITCH!" and causing him to scream like those girls in horror movies.

A few minutes later they came back out.

"Hey Ben. It's nice to see you in person again." He smiled.

"Yeah you too. It's been a while hasn't it?" I said, making small talk.

"It has. Ronnie being away was pretty strange." He laughed.

"Was that your way of saying that you missed me?" Ronnie asked.

"Never."

I smiled at their exchange, it was nice to see Ronnie happy.