Sequel: Again.
Status: Updated when I can

Everything Changed

Goodbye

Ronnie's PoV

Airports had suddenly become one of my least favorite places in the world.

Ben and I were once again in JFK. The only difference this time is that he'd be getting on the plane and leaving, while I stay here and go back to Jackson's to sulk before I decide to go get drunk.

"I hate this." I said suddenly. Breaking the silence between the two of us.

"I hate it too." Ben agreed quietly.

He wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my hair.

"I'm gonna miss you so fucking much." He murmured.

"I know the feeling."

"Ethan's going to be picking you up." Ben informed me.

"Why?" I complained.

"Jackson's working, and you need a way home. Not to mention someone semi-responsible to look after you. You can drink all you want, but only if Ethan's around from now on." He told me like he was talking to a young child.

"That's like telling me to worship the devil in front of the pope." I accused.

"He promised to behave."

"You sound like you're a father right now Benjamin." I sighed.

"I'm just looking out for the love of my life. There's nothing wrong with that." He said.

I laughed.

"But don't you think you're over doing it a bit?" I asked.

"Not at all." He smiled.

"I love you too." I said ignoring his arrogance.

"Don't cause too much trouble alright?" He asked.

"No promises."

"And no matter what happens. Because I know that we're both bound to do stupid stuff when we aren't together, never forget that I am in love with you. I may even be obsessed with you." He joked.

"A little creepy, but I think I can manage."

"I'm being serious Veronica." I flinched at the use of my full name. "I love you more than anything. You need to know that. No matter what happens, never ever fucking forget that. Please." His voice was desperate.

"Ben, what's this about?" I asked getting worried.

"Promise me." He said searching my eyes for something.

"I promise Ben. But what's going on?" I asked again.

He opened his mouth to answer just as his flight was called. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up off the floor, hugging me tighter than I thought was possible.

"I have to go." He whispered.

"Then go. I'll be here whenever you come back." I assured him.

"I love you Ronnie." He said as he picked up his bags.

I only nodded. Not trusting my voice, knowing that I could easily cry, and that'd only make things harder.

"I'll text you." He told me quietly before kissing me and turning on his heel and leaving.

I didn't say anything. I just stared at the plane out the big window in the airport. Watching it as it took off with Ben on it, leaving me here alone.

My phone buzzed with a text form Ethan telling me that he was at the airports Starbucks whenever I was ready.

After I took a deep breath and made sure I looked pulled together, and preparing myself for an afternoon with my older brother.

About halfway to the Starbucks I was stopped by a young girl.

"Um.. Ronnie?" She asked in a small voice.

"Yes?" I said trying to be polite, and sound somewhat British.

"You're dating Ben Bruce right?" She asked. I nodded with a smile. "Could I um, get a picture?" She seemed even more nervous.

"Of course. What's your name?" I said as I leaned down to her height.

"Annie." She told me.

"Well there you go Annie. I would stay and chat, but I have to go meet my brother." I rolled my eyes. "Wish me luck." She laughed

"Good luck." She said and we went our separate ways.

Ben's fans could be sweet or murderous. It was funny most of time.

"Ronnie!" Ethan called over to me.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Why are you speaking with a british accent?" He seemed confused.

"Fuck." I muttered. "I was just talking to a fan of the bands, and they all think I'm Danny's cousin." I explained.

"You had a lot of fun with that band didn't you?" He asked.

"Yeah. Best months of my life." I admitted.

"You'll see him again soon enough Ron, no worries." My older brother told me.

"You just called me by my two nicknames and not Veronica." I pointed out.

"Well that's what you want to be called now isn't it?" He confirmed.

"Yeah, but I thought you would call me Veronica forever." I laughed.

"Yeah, well a certain British boy gave me a little talk. And I don't want to lose my little sister, so I figured that I'd get used to this new you." He explained.

"Really?"

"Yeah," He smiled. "You want to go get lunch and catch up?"

"I'd love that." I said. My mood lifted now that I knew for a fact that Ethan and I could actually have a relationship again. All thanks to Ben. Maybe his obsession with valuing family over everything else was for the better.

"You up for cheeseburgers?" He asked.

"Um, I'm a vegetarian." I admitted.

"Really?" He seemed surprised.

"Yeah."

"Okay, I know a Vegan restaurant around here. I actually dated a vegan once." I laughed.

"Did you now?" I asked.

"Yeah, she was such a bitch. You have no idea."

I shook my head.

This was nice.

-At Lunch-

"So you've basically been all over the Western Hemisphere of the world," My brother paused to take a sip of his water, "Just because you slept with some rock star and he decided to let you stick around?"

"When you say it like that I sound like a groupie." I sighed.

"Haven't you seen Almost Famous? Groupies didn't get to do half the stuff you did."

"I've never seen that movie." I told him.

He looked at my shocked.

"We're watching it as soon as we get home."

"Home?" I asked confused.

"Didn't Jackson tell you? If it's okay with you of course, I wanted to see if you'd come live with me. I mean you've been using Jackson for years now, I think it's time you move onto someone else." He smirked.

"Seriously?" I asked.

He nodded just as my phone buzzed.

From Ben
Just landed. How are things with your brother?

I smiled and typed my reply quickly.

To Ben
Glad you made it safe. And everything's great, it's like nothing ever changed. He wants me to move in with him.

From Ben
That's great Love. I'll talk to you soon. Love you.

I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket not thinking anything about the conversation.

Things had gotten so much better in my life.

But I had no clue that'd be the last conversation I'd have with Ben.

Because that was the last time I'd heard from or seen Ben Bruce...

The End. Check out the sequel.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE SEQUEL'S UP! CHECK IT OUT! It's called AGAIN.