‹ Prequel: Loving Him Was Red
Status: In Progress

Girl That You Love

Prologue

Shaky fingers reached up and turned the lock on the door. Every muscle in her body was screaming in pain, but she ignored them all because the only thing her mind was focusing on was how to escape the unfortunate experience that she had found herself in.

How was I so stupid and blind? She berated herself, turning the light off and sinking to the floor of the bedroom.

“Emma! Open the damn door!” he shouted, his fists barreling into the wood.

Every time he hit the door, her body shook. She knew it was only a matter of time before he would break down the door and there was nowhere else to run after that. They were eleven stories up and she knew very well that there wasn’t any type of fire escape out of their bedroom window nor another person’s window that she could see into to flag someone down for help.

A drop of blood hit her bare knee and she reached up and felt the cut along her cheekbone where he had hit her.

“Emma, don’t you do this to me! Emma, be a good girl and open this door for me!” he cried out over and over again, simultaneously turning the door knob and punching at the door. She looked up and saw that the wood was starting to give. She wondered how long it would be until he figured out that it would be easier to use his shoulder to ram it open.

Her mind was spinning in all different directions, thinking about the fact that her life might actually end tonight. It wasn’t even fair, she didn’t get to…

CRACK

She jumped up and saw his elbow crash through the middle of the door. She scampered back behind the bed and grabbed the lamp that sat on the nightstand, holding it up in front of her in a defensive stance. She watched in horror as his hand, bloody from hitting the door with such force, reached through the hole he created and turned the lock on the door.

It swung open and he stood there, menacingly, his intense eyes gleaming in the dark room. “Don’t keep me out, baby, I’m the only person who really cares about you,” he chided in a low voice.

I am not your baby, she thought angrily, and took a deep breath, waiting to see what was going to happen next, knowing that she was not going to go down without a fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
This may be the shortest chapter I ever post, but it's technically a prologue so...

I hope you all are looking forward to seeing where Emma and Patrick's relationship goes next and what new obstacles they will find. Trust me, it's going to have a little bit of mystery in it this time.

Enjoy!