‹ Prequel: Loving Him Was Red
Status: In Progress

Girl That You Love

Chapter 9

Patrick rolled over and grabbed the phone that was ringing on the bedside table.

“Hello,” he mumbled into the phone, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

“Good morning Mr. Stump, this is your 7 AM wake up call,” the hotel clerk said cheerily into the phone.

“Mmhmm okay, thanks.” He fumbled the phone back onto the receiver and rolled onto his back. He hated mornings. Suddenly, Emma moved, her body rolling over and resting face down on top of his chest. He could feel her breasts pressing against his body and it made him hard. This was the only thing that didn’t make him entirely despise mornings.

“Baby, what was that?” her tired voice whispered, muffled somewhat by his sleep shirt.

“Our wake up call,” he said, moving his arm to rub her back. She groaned.

“Ugh, why do they always book you early flights?” she asked him, burying her head in his chest.

“Because Bob has it out for me,” he replied, jokingly. He patted her back and started to sit up. “But, we have to get back. We have some moving to do.” He was genuinely excited about moving into their new home together, especially since it meant that they were that much closer to their wedding day.

Emma grinned. “Yeah, we do. Can you believe we’re actually moving into our first place together that we own… together?”

“Yes, I can believe it,” Patrick said. “I just wish we didn’t have to get up so early to do it.”

She laughed and started to sit up, but he grabbed her arm, pulling her back onto the bed with him. “Oh, so it’s going to be one of those mornings?” she teased as he flattened her back against the bed with the weight of his body.

“Just a quick one,” he murmured, lightly nipping at her neck. He smiled as she sighed with pleasure. He loved hearing her get excited for him, it made him that much harder. He pulled his cock out of the hole in his boxer briefs and reached over to the nightstand where they kept the lube handy. Emma took it from him before he could open it.

“Let me do it,” she whispered, filling her palm with a small glob of the clear gel and taking his cock into her hand.

Patrick closed his eyes his mind focusing in on the warm and tight sensation of her hand rubbing him in a slow, sensual manner. Lust consumed his mind, and all he could think about was getting inside her to feel the depths of her and fill her up completely. A possessiveness came over him and he grabbed her hand forcefully, stopping her from continuing. She released him and looked up at him with wide saucer-like eyes, biting her lip seductively. He pushed her underwear to the side, and pushed inside her, watching her face contort in a mixture of craving and surprise as if it was the first time he had ever entered her.

He grabbed her hands and firmly held them above her head as he thrusted inside her, feeling a tingling sensation that built as the pressure increased. She would tighten herself around his cock every so often as he pulled back and he gasped at how good it felt. He felt like he was building up inside and he didn’t know what was going to make him burst.

“Take off my shirt,” she moaned, and he let go of her hands quickly so that he could pull on the edges of her tank top and take it off of her. When she fell back onto the bed, her breasts heaved up, as if realizing they were suddenly free form the confines of the tight fabric. Patrick moaned, trying to hold on a little bit longer although the sight of them made it hard to do so. He grabbed one of her breasts, roughly kneading it in his hands, the feeling her erect nipple between his fingers. When he was this close, he could feel her heart beating hard in her chest, could feel her breath rising and falling faster with his thrusts.

He could feel himself about to let go when she made a move to sit up and he followed her motion, so that they were facing each other in the sitting position. She kissed him, slipping her tongue into his mouth, and bucked her hips forcefully back and forth. The movement was too much for Patrick and he could feel himself explode, his fingers digging into her waist.

She slowed her rhythm and smiled. “Okay, I think it’s time for a shower,” she remarked, kissing his forehead lightly and slowly extracting herself from him, grabbing his sleep shirt to use as a towel.

Patrick fell back on the bed, panting, watching himself deflate. He couldn’t believe that there was a time in his life where he had chosen alcohol and locking himself away in a room over her.

“Patrick, you have time to rest on the plane, we need to get ready now!” Emma called out from the bathroom, forcing him to get up.

After they showered and changed into clothes for the plane ride, they packed up their stuff and as Patrick opened the hotel room door, he nearly collided with Pete, who was standing right outside of it, with the other two guys, Marcus and Robbie behind him.

“Buenos dias!” Joe said cheerily.

“Are we late?” Patrick asked them, feeling guilty. He always made them late.

“No, but we’re here to make sure that we weren’t late,” Andy replied grinning.

“Boy, they are putting you on notice, babe,” Emma laughed. “Morning guys.”

“Hey Emma,” Pete replied. “Okay, so everyone is here except Wendy. I think she might be checking us out so…”

“Nope, I’m right here.” They all looked down the hall to see Wendy, their PR manager racing toward them, her laptop case banging against her leg.

“Whoa, Wendy, what’s the rush? We aren’t late, look Patrick’s already dressed and ready to go!” Pete exclaimed, winking at him. Patrick rolled his eyes.

“Well, we will have to wait just a minute. I need to talk to Patrick and Emma.” She looked at both of them with a concerned and disappointed look.

Patrick glanced at Emma, who looked equally as confused as he felt. “Okay, what’s wrong?” Patrick said.

Wendy turned to Marcus. “Marcus, can you work with the hotel to get a few extra security guards to escort these guys to the SUVs?”

Marcus gave a curt nod. “Robbie, stay here with these guys okay?”

“Sure boss, whatever you say,” Robbie replied.

“Wendy, what’s going on? Why do we need extra security?” Pete asked her.

“You don’t, they do,” she pointed to Patrick and Emma.

“Us? Okay, start explaining Wendy,” Patrick said and she pushed past them into their room.

“I think this will explain everything.” She grabbed the remote control and turned the TV onto ABC where Good Morning America was currently playing.

“So what is it like dating a famous celebrity you ask? Well, apparently you just have to look to the fiancé of Fall Out Boy lead singer, Emma Mann to find out. And it looks like the grass isn’t always greener on the other side,” said Robin Roberts from the TV.

Patrick looked at Emma who seemed to freeze up suddenly, her eyes glued to the TV. He wasn’t sure why she was so upset, Robin Roberts wasn’t the first person to talk about her and certainly wasn’t going to be the last.

“Late last night after the band’s concert to benefit the Grammy Foundation, a fan posted this YouTube video and it has already received over 500,000 views and is growing fast. Take a look at what it really means to be an ordinary person stuck in the world of celebrity.”

“Oh my god,” Emma whispered and Patrick looked to her and then to the TV confused.

“Emma, what’s going on?” She turned and gave him a scared look, her eyes round with fear and guilt.

Suddenly a video popped up on the screen of Emma and Robbie walking out the back of the venue to the SUV. The shot was taken in the midst of a group of fans, mostly girls, shouting out Emma’s name.
The person filming started talking. “Look there’s Patrick’s girlfriend. Wow, she’s kind of pretty, I guess… Oh look, she’s coming over here! Emma!”

“As you can see,” Robin Roberts came in through voiceover, “Emma was coming over to greet the fans because one of them had asked her to give something to Patrick’s band mate, Pete, and that is when one of the fans got a little heated and started verbally berating her in front of the other fans.”

The sound cut to hear a girl shouting at Emma, calling her a liar and cheater and Emma, looking thoroughly embarrassed, started walking away. And then, the girl climbed over the metal barricade and ran toward Emma shouting at her and grabbing her hair, pulling her to the ground and starting to attack her. For Emma’s part, she didn’t fight back, just tried to protect her face from the girl’s hands. But she couldn’t protect her ears from her violent words.

Patrick, slackjawed in shock, turned to Emma. “Emma, what is this?” She had tears in her eyes, but she wouldn’t look at him.

“Luckily for Miss Mann, her security guard pulled the girl off of her, but I imagine that the damage was already done. This video has sparked once again the age old question of how much privacy celebrities and their loved ones have in a world where fans can get close to them through the means of meet and greets, Twitter and more. The future Mrs. Stump should be accustomed to controversy as US Weekly broke a story earlier in the month about her supposedly cheating on her fiancé, which has since been proven false. Yet, this video shows that being a normal person within the glamorous world of red carpets and tours can be a dangerous one. It makes one wonder why someone would put up with it. To speak more about this, we go now to Dr. Raymond Carter, a Doctor of Psychology at NYU, Dr,.”

Wendy shut the TV off. “I take it you had no idea this happened,” she said, looking at Patrick and then at Joe, Andy and Pete, all of whom looked devastated. Wendy turned to Emma. “Emma, dear, what happened?”

“I didn’t know they were filming it,” she whispered, wiping tears away from her eyes. “It all happened so fast, we were just going out to get their dinner and then…” she trailed off. “Patrick, I’m so sorry,” she said, finally looking at him with her bloodshot eyes.

“You’re sorry? Emma, that girl could have seriously hurt you!” he shouted, the anger in his voice coming out. “Why didn’t you tell me last night!”

“I didn’t want to distract you before the concert. It was one girl, Patrick, and Robbie was there, he took care of it. I didn’t think….”

“What you didn’t think that one of those other girls wouldn’t have a cell phone with video capabilities in their pocket?” Emma winced at his anger.

“Yo, Patrick, you need to calm down,” Pete said, putting a hand on his upper arm. Patrick tossed it off.

“I just, Emma, I need to know these things! You make me look like a dick because I’m not defending you against this stuff!”

“What would you have done!” Emma said, raising her voice. “Tweeted about it!? Gotten into a fight in 140 characters or less with some twisted teenage girl who thinks she has a chance of getting into your pants? It’s not worth it!”

“It is to me! You’re my fucking fiancé Emma!”

“Okay, this is helping the situation any,” Wendy cut in, glaring at him. He stopped himself from saying anything further, but his body was radiating with fury. He didn’t know if he was mad at Emma, the girl who attacked her, the girl who filmed it or all of the 500,000 plus people who watched the video, but he was angry. “Emma,” Wendy said, “This is serious. That girl physically assaulted you and you can press charges.”

Emma shook her head. “What good will that do? Then I just look like Patrick’s bitch of a fiancé who hates all of his fans.”

“No, not all of them, just the ones who are crazy enough to hurt you,” Pete pointed out.

“Wait a minute, Robbie, why didn’t you tell me about this?” Marcus suddenly spoke up, looking directly at Robbie.

“Boss, I wanted to, but Emma ordered me not to,” Robbie said apologetically.

“Robbie, she’s not your direct line supervisor, I am. There are rules and protocol that you have to follow, I need to know if a client has been physically assaulted, you know this,” Marcus reprimanded.

“I’m sorry, I just… I wanted to respect Emma’s request, just like when she asked me not to tell you about the death threats she has been receiving,”

Patrick whirled around to Emma steaming. “What!”

“Robbie!” Emma exclaimed, panicked. “Why did you bring that up!”

“Sorry, Emma, but I think that they need to know, especially now that this has gone viral,” Robbie replied.

“Death threats?!” Patrick said, looking at her stunned. “Holy smokes Emma, what else aren’t you telling me?”

“Nothing else, they are just stupid letters! I mean, I didn’t want to get you upset,” she feebly explained.

“Emma, you will need to give those to Marcus so he can launch an investigation. Death threats aren’t a laughing matter,” Wendy said sternly.

She just nodded at her.

“How many?” Patrick asked her.

“So far, there are over 20,” Robbie answered.

“Robbie!” Emma exclaimed.

“Robbie, are you telling the truth?” Marcus asked him seriously.

“Yes sir. They usually just appear in her mailbox. There are no addresses on them or stamps. It’s as if the person knows exactly where Emma lives,” Robbie said.

“Jesus fucking Christ,” Joe muttered out loud.

“How long?” Marcus asked him.

“About a month, sir.”

“You really should have told me about this, Robbie. You’ve broken a lot of protocol, man. You need to know what to take to me and what can stay between you and the client, I think…”

“Marcus, no, don’t fire him!” Emma cried out. “It’s all my fault. I demanded he not tell you. I’m sorry.”

“Emma, I don’t care what you told him, he knows what he’s supposed to do,” Marcus said staring at Robbie with disappointment.

“Well I won’t let you fire him,” Emma stated firmly. “He’s a good security guard, Marcus. I trust him and I don’t want anyone else.”

Marcus stared at her for a second, sizing her up. He then sighed and said, “Fine, but no more lying to me.”

Patrick saw Robbie flash Emma a grateful look and she smiled back. Patrick hadn’t realized until that moment how close Emma and Robbie had become. He knew that he was only her bodyguard, but he apparently knew more about Patrick’s fiancé than he did at the moment, and he didn’t like it.

“Okay, Marcus, is extra security ready?” Wendy asked, changing directions.

“Yes ma’am. They are.”

“Good. The hotel has filled up pretty quickly with paparazzi and reporters hoping to get a quote or something, particularly from you Patrick,” Wendy explained.

“Oh they won’t have to worry because I’m going to say something right now,” Patrick whipped out his phone and went to his Twitter app.

“Patrick no!” Emma exclaimed, making a grab for his phone. He looked her as if she had gone insane.
“Emma, are you kidding?! I’m not letting those girls get away with this. I’m going to let them know that I do not appreciate them threatening and attacking my fiancé.”

Pete grabbed her hand. “Emma, he needs to. We all do. What they did, it isn’t right. You think you’re protecting Patrick’s career, but it doesn’t matter what happens. But what matters is that we let them know that we don’t take kindly to our girlfriends getting beaten up.” Patrick gave Pete a grateful look and started typing his tweet, while Emma wrung her hands together nervously.

ANYONE WHO HURTS OR THINKS ITS FUNNY TO HURT MY FIANCE IS NO FAN OF MINE #PISSED

After he hit submit, Pete, Joe and Andy all went onto their own Twitter accounts through their phones. “What are you doing?” Emma asked.

“Retweeting Patrick’s post,” Joe replied. “Don’t worry, our fans are used to us getting on our high horses and being defensive every once in a while. This won’t be the end of Fall Out Boy.”

“Yeah, Emma, sorry, but you’re not Yoko Ono,” Andy replied.

“Wow, that makes me feel a lot better,” Emma muttered. Patrick turned and looked at her. He wanted to lash out more, chastise her more for not telling him about everything, but looking at the worry and pain on her face made him back down.

“Emma, come here,” he sighed, pulling her to him. He could feel her start to sob into his chest, her body shaking under his fingers. “I’m sorry,” he whispered, and at that moment, he was. He instantly regretted yelling at her, knowing that what she must have been feeling when she saw that video on the screen was ten times worse than what he was feeling. He and the guys were used to people putting embarrassing videos and pictures of them on the Internet and TV. She wasn’t. He hated himself in that moment for getting weak and taking it out on her. He glanced at his band mates and Wendy and motioned with his head for them to leave the room for a minute. Pete caught his gesture and ushered everyone out of the hotel room.

“I just wanted to protect you,” she blubbered, tightening her hold on him.

“Emma, you don’t have to protect me,” Patrick said. “I’m a big boy, I can take care of myself,” he said, trying to lighten the mood a bit. “I’m supposed to take care of both of us. I know that you have been independent for a long time, but you have to let me take care of you.”

“Your career though…”

“Emma, I’m not twenty years old anymore. My career is important to me, yeah, but you’re more important to me. I’ve already lost you once, I’m not going to lose you again.”

Emma wrinkled her nose up. “Patrick, I think you just quoted the Butterfly Effect.”

He grinned. “It’s a great line. I’m not terribly good at heartfelt statements, so I’ll steal a bit from Ashton Kutcher.”

“You should try stealing his comedic timing too,” Emma remarked, her smile growing.

“Ouch, really! That kind of hurt!” Patrick exclaimed, pretending to be wounded by her comment. He brushed her hair out of her face. “Emma, we can’t hide things from each other. We’re a team right?” she nodded. “If someone wants to hurt you, I want to know about it.”

“But,”

“I’m not saying I’m going to go and slug them… although that sounds like a good idea right now, but I can make sure something is done.”

Emma glanced down at her feet. “Patrick, it was so embarrassing. This whole thing is so embarrassing. My parents will have seen that by now, Charley, hell, I can’t believe I haven’t gotten a call from Christian yet! I just never…”

“Thought we would be going through this stuff? Yeah, me neither. I thought the only person in the band that anyone gave a shit about was Pete,” Patrick retorted.

“That’s not true. Patrick, you may not have like a ton of celebrity friends and crap like Pete, but the fans… they go crazy for you. You’re voice is what they hear when they listen to that music and you’re pretty darn cute too,” she laughed sadly. “God, why do you have to be so talented and cute?”

Patrick’s eyebrows furrowed together. “Would you like me to stop being talented and cute? I mean once we’re married, we can just hang out on recliners all day long and watch reruns of Breaking Bad and eat McDonalds all the time,” he joked.

“Oh that sounds… terrible,” she replied, making a face. He smiled at her, glad to see that she had at least stopped crying. He knew that she was still worried, but all he could do was try and shield her from anything further that came from this video. “We should probably get going, I’m sure Wendy will have a lot more to say to us as we head to the airport,” she said gloomily.

Patrick knew that she was right. He was dreading the publicity that would come from the video. Pete was always the one who enjoyed the spotlight the most, the other guys just liked making music and being together. He never thought that this would be happening to him and Emma; that they would be the center of some crazy media frenzy. Emma wasn’t Ashlee Simpson and the craziest thing Patrick had ever done was just lose a bunch of weight and write angry blogs. He couldn’t figure out what the sudden fascination was.

“You guys good?” Pete asked them as they met the rest of the group down in the lobby.

“Yeah, we’re fine,” Patrick replied, glancing back at Emma who was speaking softly with Wendy.

“Hey Patrick,” Robbie walked up to him. “Look, I’m sorry I didn’t just tell you about everything, man.”

Patrick looked over at Robbie, slightly surprised at his apology. “Hey, it’s okay. Emma asked you to keep it a secret, and it’s good to know that you would do anything for her, even if it meant getting in trouble with Marcus.” Pete nodded in acquiescence.

“Yeah, I just… I’m sorry. I know how you feel. My ex-girlfriend used to keep a lot of secrets from me too. She always said it was for the best, but I think it was just the best for her, not for me,” Robbie commented.

“That sucks man,” Patrick said dully, not quite sure how to respond.

“I mean, not saying that’s what Emma’s doing, but… It makes you think huh?”

Patrick glanced at Pete who shook his head. “Not Emma. She always thinks about everyone else before herself. If she was keeping this stuff from Patrick it was for his sake, not hers.”

Patrick thought he saw a flicker of frustration pass through Robbie’s face. “Yeah, but… nah, you’re right. I just hope you’re not still mad at her,” Robbie said looking back at Patrick.

“No, I never really was mad at her. I’m just mad at the situation,” Patrick replied.

“Yeah…” Robbie trailed off and then just gave Patrick a smile and walked back over to Marcus.

“That was weird,” Joe commented coming up to them.

“He and Emma really that close?” Pete asked Patrick. Patrick looked over to see Robbie approach Emma when Wendy moved away from her. They were talking quietly for a second and then Emma gave him a hug. Patrick felt a slight tug of jealousy.

“Yeah, I guess so. I mean, he does have to guard her, and you know Emma, she likes to get to know people and be friendly,” Patrick replied.

“Doesn’t she have like girl friends for that?” Joe asked him. Patrick shot him a look, wondering what Joe was trying to say. “Hey, I’m not saying she’s like really sleeping around with all of these guys and stuff. I’m just saying, Emma is a guy’s girl. Marie loves her, but Emma always got along better with all of us and the crew than with other girls.”

“I know. But she doesn’t and I doubt she can find real ones now. I mean, if Robbie is the closest thing she has to a friend, who am I to tell her not to confide in him?”

“One could say the same thing about that writer guy,” Pete retorted, reminding Patrick of Joel. He was still a sore spot for Patrick, no matter how many times Emma tried to convince him otherwise.

“Yeah, but thing is Robbie isn’t trying to sleep with Emma,” Patrick replied. Just then Emma walked up to him and took his hand.

“Wendy said it’s pretty crazy out there,” she said her eyes darting back and forth nervously.

“Want me to undress and give them a show? Distract them with the infamous Wentz wang?” Pete asked them, smirking.

“Oh Pete, don’t degrade yourself for us,” Emma joked.

“There is going to be no wang wiggling of any kind!” Wendy exclaimed, making them all giggle. “Oh my god, some times I still think you’re all still 20 years old.”

“Some times I feel like I’m 20 years old, until I wake up in the morning with a massive hang over after consuming only two beers,” Pete retorted.

Wendy rolled her eyes. “Let’s go guys. If you could all keep some sort of perimeter around these two, that would be great.”

They walked to the entrance and as soon as the automatic doors opened, the flashes of bulbs started going off, and they were shouting his name and Emma’s name. With sunglasses now on, Patrick gripped Emma’s hand tightly, his stomach clenching up uneasily and Marcus and Robbie led the way, pushing cameramen out of the way, while Pete, Joe and Andy kept around them.

“Emma! Emma! How are you feeling!” Someone shouted.

“Patrick, care to make a comment about what happened!”

“Emma do you have anything to say to the girl that attacked you!”

“Emma, do you regret being with Patrick!”

“Patrick will you two still be getting married!”

“Patrick,”

“Emma!”

When the door slammed shut, the paparazzi pushed flesh up against the windows, trying to get pictures. Emma buried her face into Patrick’s chest, trying to conceal herself as much as possible. Marcus started pulling away, laying his hand on the horn to get alert them that he was moving.

Eventually, the noises and flashes died away and Marcus put on the radio to drown out the awkward silence in the car. Emma lifted her head out of Patrick’s chest and looked around, relieved that they were in the clear. She then rested her head against his shoulder and he could feel her breathing start to slow as she calmed down. Patrick felt her hand take his and caress it, and he smiled at it. When he glanced up to see the road ahead of them, he noticed that Robbie was staring at them from the rearview mirror. When he realized Patrick noticed him, he quickly looked away. He seemed to be acting a bit jumpy, but Patrick just chalked it up to the fact that he was almost fired today and slowly leaned his head against the headrest and closed his eyes until they reached the airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update...

Sorry if the chapters seem all over the place. I'm having a major case of writer's block and know where I want things to go, yet just can't seem to get there. Blah. Doesn't help that I'm working on two stories simultaneously! LOL

I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to seeing how all this plays out in the next chapter!!

Chapter tagline song credit "Mean" by Taylor Swift