Status: New Story!

Sacrifice

I do whatever has to be done in order to protect my sisters.

Our parents never gave a damn about us, so when the day came when they never came home I didn’t worry about it. The cops came to our crappy two bedroom apartment to tell me that they died in a car crash.

I was only 17 at the time and social services said I needed to put my younger sisters in foster care. I told them no way, and said I would take care of them. In the course of 5 months I was able to get my high school diploma and got 2 jobs. I got enough money to get a new less crappy 2-bedroom apartment. I gave up my dreams on becoming a song writer to take care of younger sisters, and I don’t regret it.

I don’t have the greatest jobs, but hey they pay the bills, I work nights at a Club called Zane and then I work days waiting table. My sisters may not have everything all the other kids have but I do my best to make sure they are fed, clothed and loved.

My sisters are my life source and they depend on me. My youngest sister Maize (or Maizy) is a little firecracker always going and always talking she is now 7. When our parents died she was only 14 months old. My sister Nikki, oh I worry about her after our parents died she just distanced herself. She’s 14 almost 15 now, but she knows that she needs to help me with Maize.

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”